Increased Bagman?

Carnifexx
Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
Ok I know RNGesus is fickle, but I just got 5 Bagmans in like 10 matches in Loki’s event. That’s just weird, did he go back in? Anyone else get some Bagman love?

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Were they all the same color? Sometimes RNG gets weird and you’ll get a bunch of the exact same covers in a row. Happens a lot to me in Seeds. 

Needless to say I’m jealous. I’m 4 away from a max Champed baggy. 
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I was 7 away, now 2. They were different colors.  I play a lot and see about 1 Bagman a month. So this was weird. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Bagman I find to be feast and famine.  Random event will net me a handful, and then I won’t see him for a month.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The appearance of Bagman covers are seasonal for me. When I was still in 2* land about 3 months back, i got about 6 to 7 covers of him in SHIELD Simulator. After that he went missing for a while and came back with 2 to 3 cover. Last week I got a yellow cover and yesterday I got a blue cover. Unfortunately, I have not rostered him and his turn will come after I fully rostered my 3*. I read that his PvP or PvE is in April, or was it the Duck?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The appearance of Bagman covers are seasonal for me. When I was still in 2* land about 3 months back, i got about 6 to 7 covers of him in SHIELD Simulator. After that he went missing for a while and came back with 2 to 3 cover. Last week I got a yellow cover and yesterday I got a blue cover. Unfortunately, I have not rostered him and his turn will come after I fully rostered my 3*. I read that his PvP or PvE is in April, or was it the Duck?
    Last year for April Fools they did a Bagman pvp that rewarded a ton of Bagman covers and they featured Howard the Duck as a "new character" release for pve. I got seven Bagman covers and didn't bother going for Howard in his pve since hp was scarce for me then and wasn't done rostering the rest of my 4s. Also didn't roster Bagman because I thought it was a waste of a roster spot. Kicking myself now because I wish I had those covers. I hope they do those events again this year. I think they did a Devil Dino crash event too.
  • Daredevil217
    It was Bag-Man in the amazing Bags to Riches story where the progression and placement prizes were all Bag-Man. Genius because if you think he’s not worth rostering you don’t miss out on much not having him. But if you want to join in all the Baggy fun, you can use the loaner like in all PVPs, so I wouldn’t worry about not rostering him. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnifexx said:
    Increased Bagman?
    Man, I hope so. I need 34 more Bagman covers to max-champ him and hit the ultimate goal in MPQ. I'll be able to retire from the game knowing that after years and years, I finally finished the 2-star tier.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Bagman has been stuck at the same level for months.  Being 6 covers from Max has me more jaded than usual on that though.
  • Monsoon3
    Monsoon3 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Just the fickleness of RNG. While I'm not a huge PvP player, I usually push for 2000 in the Simulator each season. I hadn't been awarded a Bagman in easily 6 months. In the past three weeks, I've received 5 covers for him. Go figure.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been Lv141 for about 3 months now, so 3 extra covers would be very welcome!
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't had a single bag man since December :(
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's definitely something different about Bagman drops.  Several people in my alliance, myself included, and several more on the forums have reported runs of 2-6 in a row.  It's still rare, and doesn't seem to be linked to any particular event.  I got mine during lightning rounds, alliance mate got it during a (non-Bagman) season event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed Bagman was being teased as the potential prize in a lot of Loki matches but I received exactly none. That could have just been Loki trolling me I guess.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somehow my account seems to have been flagged as needing ALL the blue bagmans available. I got 5 blue in a row from Sakaar, so I rostered him, and I've had to dump probably 8 blue covers since then with only 3 purple and 2 yellow on the side. I really hope Bags to Riches comes around again so I can get him to champ.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't won a bagman in years. I'm very jealous  :'( I guess I should play more PVP...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    He only comes from PVP, and for some reason, I feel like he is more accessible in lightning rounds. But that could just be confirmation bias from my Sakaar Arena windfall
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I get one bagman cover ever 6 months or so.  Always blue.  Always
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    runs or streaks in covers are pretty common.  It happens in all the tiers.  Bagman only comes from actual matches  never from token drops.  So when you see that guy with alot of bagman champs.  He basically had to win each cover 1 match at a time.  No whaling for him.

• Daredevil217
    Yeah, I already have a 5/3/5 dupe I built a long time ago, while my main is level 141.  I wanted to be prepared for those types of streaks.  I also do not plan to sell my main once max-champed.  That's a trophy I'm keeping!

It's so interesting to me just how much rarity plays a part in the value of characters.  We had the floodgates open for 3* in DDQ and they are far less valuable.  They remove Bag-Man from tokens and make him the rarest character in the game and we all clamor for him.  This is why I believe they won't do 4* DDQ or move to progression-only awards in PVE.  They don't want to devalue their 4s anymore than they have.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    So when you see that guy with alot of bagman champs.  He basically had to win each cover 1 match at a time.  No whaling for him.
    Or they are old-school. Bagman used to be in tokens, back in the day. A lot of us had him fully covered and max-leveled prior to him being removed from tokens. Gave us at least a 13 cover head start over anyone who came along after  :p