Gambit vs Ultron

Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
5* gambit’s purple will not overwrite Ultron’s bomb tiles. Obviously, his power says it can overwrite any enemy special tile. While Ultron is the only character (in boss for only) who makes bombs... are bombs not considered “special tiles”? 3* cap can overwrite the bombs, albeit with different wording of his powers... I feel like a bomb should be a special tile and should be able to be over written by gambit

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Crnch73 I reached out to one of the designers, and they sayd, "No, Ultron's Drop tiles can't be overwritten. "Special tile" implicitly means Strike/Protect/Attack/Countdown/Invisibility/Repeater"
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,169 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    That's interesting because Yelena's Payback Mission over writes his bombs (or did as of a year ago) and the description says Enemy Special tiles just like Gambit's does.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/48004/new-to-ultron-here-are-some-tips-that-might-help/p3

Maybe someone can test her power again.

KGB
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Ultron's bombs would be "character tiles."  Those are a less-known thing, and they also include Silver Singularities, Motivation tiles, and Chekov's Gun tiles.

I've seen Yelena overwrite Silver Surfer's tiles before, so her power is probably more broad than it was meant to be. No character tiles really existed at the time she was released.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Just tested, Yelena does not turn Ultron bombs into critical tiles.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Scarlet Witch's green removes Ultron's bomb tiles as well. Wording is 'any enemy special tile,' just like those other powers that are operating inconsistently.