Trial of the plains charges

Options
rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
In today's TotP each node has only 2 charges, so you have to do it perfect to get the maximum progression.

Before Ixalan release every node had 3 charges

@Brigby this has been changed by developers or it is a bug?

Comments

• NickkBKK
    NickkBKK Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There should have been an announcement of the change. I feel cheated and wouldn’t have joined, had I known. 
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree. At least they could have announced the change. One note: asking players for a perfect event to get the gold back makes it more likely that players use cycling or unfair decks, which in turn makes the game boring.
    Instead if we have more relaxed events in terms of payoff accessibility, it is more likely that we use more diverse deck and even playing some ixalan cards.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Trials originally did not have any margin of error. You had to go perfect, and frankly this gave it the kind of thrill which is missing from Across Ixalan. I recommend AX should also have only 2 sets of charges per node without any refreshes. It would still be very generous.

• Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think that people forget that the game needs to be fun and challenging for all level of players.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gideon said:
    I think that people forget that the game needs to be fun and challenging for all level of players.
    I think so.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Limiting AX to 2 charges will make it hard? It will still be too damn easy. I am not sure which part of acquiring full rewards from Across Ixalan are people finding hard.

But you are probably right. I forgot about the players who struggle. There is lot of room for making things easier for players. Oktagon should definitely start awarding 25 jewels as a daily log in too. You know, for the little guys that find it hard to set aside 15 minutes for the games in Across Ixalan. That can be taxing.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    khurram said:
    Limiting AX to 2 charges will make it hard? It will still be too damn easy. I am not sure which part of acquiring full rewards from Across Ixalan are people finding hard.

But you are probably right. I forgot about the players who struggle. There is lot of room for making things easier for players. Oktagon should definitely start awarding 25 jewels as a daily log in too. You know, for the little guys that find it hard to set aside 15 minutes for the games in Across Ixalan. That can be taxing.
    That's not good enough. They should double that to 50 jewels as a daily log in
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you want a harder experience, you should want players to be able to achieve maximum rewards so that they are able to acquire better cards and thus build better decks. Or is it the knowledge that you have things other people don't that makes you enjoy the game?
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    I’ll be honest I was a bit taken back when I noticed the change. Not intirely opposed to the change. However since there is no margin for error I would ask and suggest that maybe holiday double rewards are given. Still keep the cost though. 
  • adman149
    adman149 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was also surprised by this change, but kinda glad they reverted back to the original form of ToTP. Let’s be honest, ToTP was only really worth playing in platinum, so right there, people who play it should be capable of succeeding. It should be a challenge, which across ixalan is not. It’s not like you are completely screwed if you don’t get perfect. 60 crystals for a pack and some purples isn’t a bad deal, getting the crystals, that should be earned, not given. 
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To me the problem is they didn't let us know about the change before we already paid for the event. I have no problem if they want to change anything, but if it is a paid content I expect to know what I'm paying for beforehand. Otherwise I feel like being fooled
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel a bit deceived with that change too. I often lost one match in this event. That means it will cost me 60 crystals more than 30. Ok, there are the purple ones to compensate, but still. If that's not a bug, I think I'll pass on this event.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The other part that seems strange to me is TotP still yields HoD packs.  We have millions of HoD packs, would find this more palatable if it gave Ix packs which we actually need.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rules of the event say 3 charges. This is likely a bug. If you encountered it, you should file a ticket.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, is it worth joining and having to file a ticket if I dont go perfect.  Hmm.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes. I noticed this too, after I lost my very first game in the second round to a Nahiri HUF+Deploy.  

• ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    NickkBKK said:
    There should have been an ann Iouncement of the change. I feel cheated and wouldn’t have joined, had I known. 
    Same. Didn't bother to read the description to see if anything was different.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    adman149 said:
    I was also surprised by this change, but kinda glad they reverted back to the original form of ToTP. Let’s be honest, ToTP was only really worth playing in platinum, so right there, people who play it should be capable of succeeding. It should be a challenge, which across ixalan is not. It’s not like you are completely screwed if you don’t get perfect. 60 crystals for a pack and some purples isn’t a bad deal, getting the crystals, that should be earned, not given. 
    Being in platinium does not imply being capable of anything. Merely mastering cards i flawed measure of skill level. Even avacyn event is giving some plat players losses not due freezes but lack of decent cards.
    I actually find Ixalan to be more challenging  than ToTP ; I lose more games to Ixalan than ToTP. ToTP was so easy and to me was an extension of TG.
    I cannot play Ixalan with a random deck on the fly and win. I have to play my best cards.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    khurram said:

I don't know whether you're intending to be sarcastic, but it sounds like you're being sarcastic.

This game isn't just for hardcore players, it's for casuals too.  Most of what we see on the forums are hardcore players, so it can be easy to forget that our perspective on this game is not the only one.