Will we get Women of Marvel covers change this March?

hunky_funky
hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
@Brigby
Is there any info about this? I know, that it's not "hot" topic right now (tapping the Gambit etc.), but it was really nice to see some covers changed for some time in the past. I don't actually remember was it in the last year. Who remember?

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, a couple of years ago they did "Women of Marvel" covers which was cover arts done by female artists, and last year they did "Women of Power" which was special variant covers featuring Marvel's superheroines. Some of the covers are still live in the game now based on player feedback. I dunno if Marvel has anything planned for this year though.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, a couple of years ago they did "Women of Marvel" covers which was cover arts done by female artists, and last year they did "Women of Power" which was special variant covers featuring Marvel's superheroines. Some of the covers are still live in the game now based on player feedback. I dunno if Marvel has anything planned for this year though.
    Oh, yeah. When you mentioned it, I remember. I think they left Devil Dino and X-23 covers. I'm just interested, will it be something similar this year. You know, not the big game changer, just a little cosmetic tweak.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @hunky_funky I'm afraid I don't have any information to provide at the moment, however once that changes, I'll be sure to let the community know!
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Just a short discussion point... Is there no women of Marvel events planned, or special vaults, or new covers, or, like, anything? I thought that Marvel made a pretty big deal of this every year, but not this year?
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Isnt it enough they flooded 4* top tier with them? ;-)
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    No, it’s not. And I miss having alternative covers every so often. Wish I could choose what to display. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnifexx said:
    No, it’s not. And I miss having alternative covers every so often. Wish I could choose what to display. 
    I agree. The alt-covers are always fun. They're even more fun now that I have animations off, because they are one of the few varieties of art work I get to see.
  • Doc L
    Smart80 said:
    Isnt it enough they flooded 4* top tier with them? ;-)
    Simply put, no! (I know you are joking, no worries)

They did so much the past few years, this year - this year, nothing. And I think a bit of appreciation is not a bad thing.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Carnifexx said:
    I agree. The alt-covers are always fun. They're even more fun now that I have animations off, because they are one of the few varieties of art work I get to see.
    It would be cool if the alternate covers were permanent additions, and you could "unlock" them somehow (even if that means "buy with ISO"), where once unlocked you could swap them at will. A cosmetic unlock.

And if not, having more special occasions where we get temporary alternate covers is still a good thing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would definitely pay iso for alt- covers. Might even use hero points if it were only 10 or so (like the bonus rewards that sometimes drop). I LOVED those Skottie Young covers. 
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Hear, hear! Though no HP, iso. I still have 4 mill from the shield ranking backlog. That was sweet!  

• Doc L
    I meant to say before, but:

@Brigby - I'm guessing there's not possibility of anything happening for this?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I vote for Women of Marvel month Mocking Bird's alternate costume becomes here primary/only for the month.

Won't happen, but I can ask  :p

Hopefully we'll get something.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    I would definitely pay iso for alt- covers. Might even use hero points if it were only 10 or so (like the bonus rewards that sometimes drop). I LOVED those Skottie Young covers. 
    I would absolutely shell out ISO/HP to have the Skottie Young Black Panther cover be my default for him.
  • Smart80
    I would like different covers, regardless of the reason.. but this would be as good a reason as any..
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Borstock said:
    Carnifexx said:
    It would be cool if the alternate covers were permanent additions, and you could "unlock" them somehow (even if that means "buy with ISO"), where once unlocked you could swap them at will. A cosmetic unlock.

And if not, having more special occasions where we get temporary alternate covers is still a good thing.

I still feel sorry for the artist who put so much time into the Quicksilver costume just to have it replaced within a couple of weeks when Age of Ultron came out./
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Everyone was raving about Helas performance in Thor Ragnarok. Where is she?
    Hellooooo where is marvels first movie female villain?
    Once again The house of Thor and even his enemies now are disrespected by the Spiderman fanboys who run this game.
  • Smart80
    Everyone was raving about Helas performance in Thor Ragnarok. Where is she?
    Hellooooo where is marvels first movie female villain?
    Once again The house of Thor and even his enemies now are disrespected by the Spiderman fanboys who run this game.
    First? Nebula? Ayesha? Emma Frost?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Dazzler?