How long did it take you to hoard enough CP's/tokens for 250-300 LL pulls ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
For those who decided to hoard CPs/tokens for 250-300 latest legend token pulls, around how long did it take ?

My sources of CP's, every PVE event and DP daily, each PVP event and most of the season reward CP's. Then from VIP, covering characters, purchases once a while from myself and those in my alliance.

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    A former alliance-mate was saying he averages around 250-300 CP/wk doing all of what you mention, so if you can keep up that pace, it would take roughly 5-6mos to get there.
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I’m not to 300 yet, but I’m up to 70+ pulls in about 6 weeks (I don’t remember the exact date, but it was around the Galactus event that gave e Nightcrawler iirc). I’ve opened 7 LT’s in that time also, 3 on accident, 3 to get Ghost Rider (I was super lucky that it only took 3), and 1 LT and one classic with CP to scratch the itch to open. As someone who has struggled to hoard after entering 4* territory I was somewhat forced into hoarding by having a number of characters fully covered that need champing/rechamping, but after 500 CP and 5 LT or so it gets a lot easier.
  • chrisH
    chrisH Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Took me about 4 Months. make sure you have your 2 star farm set up to feed you along the way. Also constantly changing your bonus 3-4 stars to whoever is closest to the next LT. having a healthy roster to do the SCL9 node and the required nodes and Dead pool daily will get you ~7 cp a day. That along with the 10 CP every 3 days from PVP generates about a total of 10 CP per day passively doing pve/pvp. Then there is the CP from champ rewards VIP and hitting progression in PVE. I opened my hoard when gambit came out. I had about 280 pulls got Gambit fully covered and Thor and Daredevil very close. My advise is just Min/Max all your behaviors to get you the most CP/ LT
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time I tracked my income I was earning 1.1 LT & 30 CP per day on average. So assuming 2 pulls per day it’s about 150 days or 5 months. Ultimately you’re roster and effort level will effect your income  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    A former alliance-mate was saying he averages around 250-300 CP/wk doing all of what you mention, so if you can keep up that pace, it would take roughly 5-6mos to get there.
    You talking 'bout me? I did the hoarding thing twice, in both cases I only needed around 3 months. The first hoard was started in January 2017 (when Thanos was introduced) and was opened in early May 2017. The second one I started in early October 2017 (when Gambit was introduced) and I started opening it in late December 2017. The second hoard was only around 250 pulls, the first one was a bit over 300.
    I did hit all CP progression rewards during this time, and having all two-, three- and fourstar characters champed (and farmed in the case of the two-stars) meant I had a steady influx of CP and tokens from champion levels too.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    Busted my last 300, middle of November. 5 more needed and then I’m at 300 again. So a little over three and a half months. I don’t Vip, so I’m free to play except the lowest buy.

900 in pvp and progression+ in pve.

A lot depends on where your 3 stars are for LTS.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It basically depends on your roster and play style.  When I was just entering 4* territory with only a couple of 4* champs and pvp only, I was averaging 2-300 cp a week. Now that I'm in 5* territory with 54 4* champs and in a hybrid alliance, I'm averaging 2-3 lts/cp a day for the most part. The upper 3* champ rewards and 4* champ rewards really help the hoard out. 
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I have been hording since X-Mas (when I cashed in my previous horde), and I am up to 210 pulls right now. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I average about 1000 command points per month/season (playing pve optimally and pvp to 900, 1200 on the rare occasion). Then you have to factor in the latest tokens you earn as well. I think ~3-4 months is about right. You earn half the pulls via command points and the other half via latest tokens.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm F2P and mainly PVP focused. Took me about 6 months to get to around 230. Did it twice, but after I used the hoard on Thor/Gambit/Daredevil, now I open every LT. 

Both times, starting at 230 was just about enough to cover all 3, which the other rewards rolling over to enough pulls to fill everyone out.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Same as Scotee... very little PvE.  Took about 5 months, I got Gambit and Daredevil and only 5 covers for Peter which seeded me well for Ghost Rider and Thor with only 3 covers for AA.  Already ready for the next 3.

• PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    If I just open everything immediately and spend all my CP on latests I can champ a 5 before they leave tokens.  If I hoard it takes me an extra season to get that many pulls just because I'm not getting all the 4* and 5* champ rewards from opening everything.
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    If I just open everything immediately and spend all my CP on latests I can champ a 5 before they leave tokens.  If I hoard it takes me an extra season to get that many pulls just because I'm not getting all the 4* and 5* champ rewards from opening everything.
    Ditto. I started pulling LTs in the middle of Peter Parker's run and got him to ten covers. I've been able to champ Gambit, Daredevil, and Thor by pulling as I go. Well on the way to max covering Archangel before he leaves latest (10 covers). 
  • PenniesForEveryone
    Next goal should be to hoard for a year and then pull for 550s.   :o
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 months or so. Skipped SL partly, Ock fully besides a cover for PVE and pulled when PP was about to leave. Then rehoarded.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    the problem I have with hoarding, other than missing out on champ rewards, do I wait and get 3 5*s to the 465-475 range or get every 5* as you go to 450?  Some don't seem worth it but then it hurts on pve when they're boosted and I only have 1 cover?
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Averaging 78.7 cp value per day since 1/23.  Will have more than 300 when archangel leaves.  Even including some pulls for the next 5.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    the problem I have with hoarding, other than missing out on champ rewards, do I wait and get 3 5*s to the 465-475 range or get every 5* as you go to 450?  Some don't seem worth it but then it hurts on pve when they're boosted and I only have 1 cover?
    Depends on your roster.  If you've got a champed Gambit and another 5* to go with him (doesn't really matter which one sadly) adding another 450 Thor or AA or GR probably doesn't really help much.  But saving up for a 475....something better....could make a noticeable difference.  Honestly though, with Gambit still being as OP as he is it really takes 490-500 level characters to really be any kind of deterrent.  And even then with Gambit, a cheap stun TU is all it takes to bring them down.
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Is 475 a threshold or did you pick that number at random?