How long did it take you to hoard enough CP's/tokens for 250-300 LL pulls ?

2»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    the problem I have with hoarding, other than missing out on champ rewards, do I wait and get 3 5*s to the 465-475 range or get every 5* as you go to 450?  Some don't seem worth it but then it hurts on pve when they're boosted and I only have 1 cover?
    Depends on your roster.  If you've got a champed Gambit and another 5* to go with him (doesn't really matter which one sadly) adding another 450 Thor or AA or GR probably doesn't really help much.  But saving up for a 475....something better....could make a noticeable difference.  Honestly though, with Gambit still being as OP as he is it really takes 490-500 level characters to really be any kind of deterrent.  And even then with Gambit, a cheap stun TU is all it takes to bring them down.
    Also depends on how many pulls you generate.
    With enough pulls you can pull as you go along and still get everyone to 470+.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I am on day 883. Play casually usually clearing PVE progression at SC9, and rarely play PVP ( I will either try to jump in last minute of pvp for some rewards, or on occasion when I don’t like the pve event I do pvp. My roster has around 22 champed 4* and a couple others that could be but I have not put iso into them. I have 0 champed 5* so I started hording right before Thor’s 5* release because I rarely get to use my 5* and want to mix them in. currently have accumulated 156 pulls. So for me it will take around 6-7 months to reach 300 pulls.  Even with out pulling Leg tokens I am doing ok keeping up with new 4* releases via vaults and progression rewards.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i save lt's and cp until i get to 1000. don't have to wait so long. still champ/cover every 5*. usually end up with 90-100 pulls per mini-hoard. 

couldn't tell you how long it takes. less time than 300 though.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    With 2* and 3* farms going, I typically find that I earn at least 40 LT and 1500 CP a season = 100+ pulls. If you hoard over the 18 weeks that 3 new 5* are introduced, you will have over 400 pulls. With 400 pulls, you can take each of the latest three 5* to about level 460-470.

Hoarding gives you the ability to apply the pulls on better characters when they are first introduced and again just before they leave.  This lets you take a Gambit to 480+, while others will just make 450. Unless, you are a spender, solid play will still get you to about 460 on average for every 5* release.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Question on farming 2&3 stars. 

Does that mean fully cover/champ to earn all the CPs and LL token, then sell character and repeat ?

Or you guys purchase a separate character slot to roster a duplicate of each 2/3* then sell them off after you earn all their rewards ?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    tonypq said:
    Question on farming 2&3 stars. 

Does that mean fully cover/champ to earn all the CPs and LL token, then sell character and repeat ?

Or you guys purchase a separate character slot to roster a duplicate of each 2/3* then sell them off after you earn all their rewards ?
    I sell off 2*s and start over, but I have a duplicate of each 3* so I can keep the level 266 version.

I average a little more than 2 pulls/day, so getting to 300 should take 4-5 months.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    the problem I have with hoarding, other than missing out on champ rewards, do I wait and get 3 5*s to the 465-475 range or get every 5* as you go to 450?  Some don't seem worth it but then it hurts on pve when they're boosted and I only have 1 cover?
    I personally think it depends on your goals for the game.  Which is more important? 
    • Pokemon aka Gotta Champ em all
    • Do you even lift bro? aka getting top placement in highest SCLs. 

If you prefer the former (which I fall into) I go for as close to 450 as possible on all and use left overs for next characters.  I want to build a wide 5* roster before I start leveling them higher.  Once I have all/most champed it will be time to level them higher and/or when the game meta changes and 5*s aren't the end all be all. I currently have 4 5*s and they are levels 453, 452, 451, & 450 and that's pretty perfect in my book, for now at least.

If you're in the later then you always want to chase getting the most OP of the latest to the highest level possible, previously Gambit, currently Thor or keep waiting till the next OP 5* comes out.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are you guys earning so many CP per day? Or when you talk about needing 3-4 months are you also getting a lot of your horde via LT's from stuff like the Crash or alliance spending (stark clubs)?

I have about 20 4*'s champed and I finish T20 in every PvE at SCL-7. I figured my daily CP rate is 2 (Deadpool daily) + 3 (PvE nodes) = 5. Then in SCL7 the reward is 30 over say 3.5 days (since some are 4 day events) so that's roughly 9 more a day bringing me to 14. I play PvP to 575 (10 reward) which is another 3.3 per say so thats 17 per day. With a nice 2* farm and all my 3*s in the 200 range I average another 3 per day from applying covers bringing me to 20 or so per day. Which lets me open roughly 1 classic LT per day.  

Yes, there are other occasional rewards (finish T10 in a sub, 2-day sub T50 finish, alliance VIP, PvP season T50 finish etc) but those aren't regular enough to be worth more than 1 another CP a day.

With 20 or so 4* chamos I win every 3rd crash or so which is another source of latest LT's. But that's pretty much it.

With 300 latest pulls needing 7500 CP at my 20 per day I'll need 375 days or more than a year. If I factor in crash LTs and other LTs from champ rewards that probably gets down to 9 months. Still a far far cry from 3-4 months.

KGB
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    How are you guys earning so many CP per day? Or when you talk about needing 3-4 months are you also getting a lot of your horde via LT's from stuff like the Crash or alliance spending (stark clubs)?

I have about 20 4*'s champed and I finish T20 in every PvE at SCL-7. I figured my daily CP rate is 2 (Deadpool daily) + 3 (PvE nodes) = 5. Then in SCL7 the reward is 30 over say 3.5 days (since some are 4 day events) so that's roughly 9 more a day bringing me to 14. I play PvP to 575 (10 reward) which is another 3.3 per day so thats 17 per day. With a nice 2* farm and all my 3*s in the 200 range I average another 3 per day from applying covers bringing me to 20 or so per day. Which lets me open roughly 1 classic LT per day.  

Yes, there are other occasional rewards (finish T10 in a sub, 2-day sub T50 finish, alliance VIP, PvP season T50 finish, daily resupply etc) but those aren't regular enough to be worth more than 1-2 another CP a day.

With 20 or so 4* champs I win every 3rd crash or so which is another source of latest LT's. But that's pretty much it.

With 300 latest pulls needing 7500 CP at my 20 per day I'll need 375 days or more than a year. If I factor in crash LTs and other LTs from champ rewards that probably gets down to 9 months. Still a far far cry from 3-4 months.

KGB
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor

Last season was the first time that I have tracked CP and LT gains. During the last season I got 33 LTs and 1015 CP. So around 75 pulls for 28 days. 300 should take 4 months or less for me.

And less than 20 CP came from purchases, a few VIP renewals and one 7 CP purchase from my alliance the rest was earned playing.

• Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    There are a ton of lt's and cp at the high end of 3* champion rewards. That helps, I am cycling through that at the moment. I earned like 8 latest in one day in the last week. Now that is a fluke and not normal. Some days you earn more or less, but 2 a day is the average. I will probably skip Angel championing to get more pulls for the next 5*. I am going to spend my 50ish cp pulls for the next 5* release store.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have never participated in a buy club. I have gotten CP now and the from alliance buddies though, and when I did my first hoard I was a VIP, so a few LTs came in that way (maybe ten?)
    But really, there's a lot of CP to get out there. In SCL 9, Strange Sights offers 40 CP in progression and 5 CP as node rewards in each node. That's 55 CP right there, double that and it is 110 CP from PvE in a week. Then there is 75 more CP available in the three PvPs and 14 from DDQ Behemoth Burrito. So that's 200 CP a week through progressions alone. Then there is the various champion rewards... The more champion levels you can apply the better.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Great reading all the replies, thanks. With a better understanding of hoarding and time frames, still having a tough time deciding which way to go.

Hoard for months and almost ensure legit entry to 5* tier, or keep working on finishing off 4s, pull away and hope eventually I polish off a 5 or two at some point along the way. 

One thing that makes hoarding easier to get into for me is still getting heroic and various event tokens from playing. I still get chances at pulling 4s while not burning through my LL tokens and CPs. Of course it' harder to pull 4s that way than via legendary tokens and CPs, but helps settle my appetite to open packs while hoarding.

So far I'm hoarding, part of me really wants to use all my tokens and CPs. The fear of getting dupes of a bunch of characters like Yondu and Winter Storm I don't care for have kept from spending them though.
  • Pezman
    Pezman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I’m actually doing this now....need a new mission. All but 2 4s are champed not counting new or limited. So hoarding all tokens until all my 5s are maxed leveled. Take about 3.8m iso. Guess we’ll see how many LTS and cp I can save. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I can get about 10cp on average per day. So, 300 pulls would be 300*25 = 7500. It's going to take me 750 days to hit 300 pulls. Oh my...