Just asking? Swapping powers for a 5 star character.

Gambit2365
Gambit2365 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
I got an extra 5 star spidey red power. I need another green or blue. I’ve heard you can swap powers if you ask customer service. Is that true? If so how do I get in touch with customer service?

Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
     Swap allowed ONLY for characters in the Latest Legends Tokens
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not on a 5* in the classic tokens. They will only do swaps on the 3 featured in latest legends tokens.
  • Gambit2365
    Gambit2365 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Thanks! 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Try your luck and ask anyways 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:

They will sometimes grant an exception... but it's limited to one per customer. Consider long and hard if you want to use your exception on this, you won't get it back.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget that certain Vulture champion levels give Peter Parker covers. Might get you that blue or green if you aren't there yet. 
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    evade420 said:

They will sometimes grant an exception... but it's limited to one per customer. Consider long and hard if you want to use your exception on this, you won't get it back.
    That's just what they tell you so that you don't ask every time it happens. Some players have gotten several "one-time" exceptions. Others have gotten none.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I think the players misinterpret the "One time exception " thing. It doesn't mean one time per customer or one time per year. It simply means that an exception is being made for that one instance, which does not follow the normal rules (i.e. a character being in Latest Legends). Having given a one time exception does NOT guarantee no future exception will be given, neither does it mean that those who haven't gotten any such exception are entitled to that exception. It simply means that an exception is being made for that particular player for that particular ticket (which they input as a "One time exception" in their system) and that exception is valid that one time, for that ticket only
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Wish someone had mentioned this the purple thanos I had to let go
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    madoctor said:
    I think the players misinterpret the "One time exception " thing. It doesn't mean one time per customer or one time per year. It simply means that an exception is being made for that one instance, which does not follow the normal rules (i.e. a character being in Latest Legends). Having given a one time exception does NOT guarantee no future exception will be given, neither does it mean that those who haven't gotten any such exception are entitled to that exception. It simply means that an exception is being made for that particular player for that particular ticket (which they input as a "One time exception" in their system) and that exception is valid that one time, for that ticket only
    Multiple people have been told, including myself, that we have already been granted our one time exception.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    I've got the same issue with a Daredevil 5*. Is it best to roster a dupe or sell for the iso ?
  • Quebbster
    thisone said:
    madoctor said:
    Multiple people have been told, including myself, that we have already been granted our one time exception.
    Clearly you haven't spent enough money on the game... yet. But yes, I have heard stories like this too.
    rg72 said:
    I've got the same issue with a Daredevil 5*. Is it best to roster a dupe or sell for the iso ?
    If you have a spare roster slot, there's no harm in rostering the single cover as long as you don't level it. It sells for just as much ISO from the roster as it does from the vine, and if they ever readjust Daredevil and offer an increased sale price in the future you can sell it at the increased price then.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    One time exceptions are one time, unless you meet other unstated, unknown criteria, in which case, you may get multiple “one-time” exceptions.
  • Quebbster
    One time exceptions are one time, unless you meet other unstated, unknown criteria, in which case, you may get multiple “one-time” exceptions.
    So it's one time unless it's many times. There's something zen about it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish I would have known about this "one time" thing before I sold that Bolt green.  
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Wish I would have known about this "one time" thing before I sold that Bolt green.  
    It’s not guaranteed they’ll even offer you the one-time exception.  It’s all “case by case”
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Definitely not quaranteed. I was denied a one time exception for a Daredevil cover swap. I beleive its more to do with how much you have spent as to how many exceptions you are allowed.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    It’s not guaranteed they’ll even offer you the one-time exception.  It’s all “case by case”
    Exactly
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I asked to swap a Silver Surfer cover once, after getting my 7th or 8th black (he's 5/0/0, naturally) and they said no, and that was that. No exceptions for me...yet.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    evade420 said:

Many never get an exception,  I've personally been denied on 7 different requests