Did/Will you buy the SCL 6 bundle?

2»

Comments

• edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Yes
    I like these bundles, but I don't like the increasing price tag. I already VIP every month. 25 buck was a big amount to spend on a mobile game. I did it on an impulse and got a lot out of it, but I won't be buying at anything higher, that's for sure.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    No
    I'm sure the next one with 4* only would be worth it for me. However a new player hitting this scl would definitely benefit. 
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    It's worth it just for the hp alone
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes

Yeah, for both my Steam and Android accounts.  Not a fan of the price difference between platforms (NZ$32 on Steam, NZ$40 on Android).  ~1/4 Stark on one, ~1/3 Stark on the other.

I'll almost certainly keep buying them unless the price gets completely out of hand.

• sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Yes

Yeah, for both my Steam and Android accounts.  Not a fan of the price difference between platforms (NZ$32 on Steam, NZ$40 on Android).  ~1/4 Stark on one, ~1/3 Stark on the other.

I'll almost certainly keep buying them unless the price gets completely out of hand.

Same. Though I’m afraid of what they think a fair price for a 5* bundle would be,
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    I bought it and the 2 LTs I got through champ rewards, as well as the one that came with the purchase, more than made up for it.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Yes
    I bought it.. but I think this price point is where my spending stops. I needed HP and was gonna spend some loot anyway so I didn’t mind.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Yes
    I usually wouldn't buy for $25 but it's a good overall value and extra Gamora champs levels tickled my fancy.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    No
    A whopping 48% votes on no and still more on the undecided column, suggests (to me at least) that a large proportion of the player base disagrees with the higher price points of these packs.

Also considering that a large proportion of spenders are present on this forum would make that percentage even higher among the actual player base.

It is my opinion that releasing packs that may be a bit lower in price points might lead to a much higher purchase percentage. The goods can be decreased in accordance to the lower prices to make it feasible. (15$ max I think). Or may be they can add VIP to the current priced packs to make it really pop (the reason I say is right now it's between VIP and this pack for me, and I might go with VIP because of the price)

But if they are making huge amounts of money on the current pricing then, I say good for them.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Yes

Those people criticizing the price point should bear in mind that we're only seeing these once a month because they're introducing them to the game at that rate.  They're all there as a permanent part of the game, and will become available to new players when they hit that SCL.  Unless a new player is dumping a lot of money into this game already and playing a lot to boot, they'll probably get access to these more slowly than we're seeing them.  It will give them a leg up on moving through the lower levels of the game. 

That's the real value of these - it allows newer players to advance to the higher levels more quickly by spending money.  Sure, that's a cash grab on D3's part, so to speak, but it is in fact good for the long term health of the game - if newer players feel like they can't advance they're not going to keep playing.

I'll also add that 4* covers are that much harder to come by, which is why the price keeps going up.  The next one may be even more, I'm afraid.

• sandalsnopants
    sandalsnopants Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    No
    I mean, it's a match 3 game.  Would it even cost $25 to buy?  I would want a few million ISO included before I spent that kind of money on MPQ.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    I bought it as the Gamora levels made her 301 and gave me another champ level on Thanos
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    No
    No. My Gamora is champed, I have almost 9K HP and 4 empty roster slots and I just bought Darkest Dungeon for the Xbox.  If I spend anything else on entertainment this month it will be on Elite Dangerous for the Xbox.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    No
    I wanted to buy it at the last moment.
    Last deal hour, forgot to... My roaster cries, my bank account is happy. Let's say it's an even match.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its not a bad deal.  but personally I think that they should charge an even 100 and 4x the current offering.  That would be enough to get you viable to 900-1200 pvp.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    No
    No
     #nuffsaid
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I ended up buying it about an hour Before it was about to expire. It was a good deal, and considering how much time I spend on the game I Think the devs are Worth more than just a Pittance from me every now and then.

Plus, the HP helped me restore my mortgaged 2* roster spots, so the two-star farm is back in full swing now and I still have plenty of HP left for Shields. Can't complain about that.

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    No
    Erm...no