R147 Release Notes (2/26/18)

Options
2»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Anduinel We've seen issues on iOS where the storefront itself would require a manual refresh, in order for the new update to appear. Is that something that can be done for the Amazon storefront, because the new update should've been added to the Amazon store yesterday.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    A dual 3*/5* Jessica Jones release would be nice, and fit pretty close to the season 2 release on Netflix.  It'd make the whole MCU Defenders team available at the 3* tier, which seems like decent marketing.

Alternatively, they could release another 5* Spider-Man (Iron Spider?) in anticipation of Infinity War.
    I'm all for a 3* J Jones.. but she isnt that good to be a 5*.. IMO

Quite literally half the 5* tier is not "in character" powerful enough to be the top of the power level.  I mean, Hawkeye?  Daredevil?  Two version of Spider Man?  Star Lord?

Speaking for myself, I'd love to see a 5* Jessica Jones in the game.  If they release a dual version, though, I'd really, really, really like to see the two versions be substantially different.

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

Quite literally half the 5* tier is not "in character" powerful enough to be the top of the power level.  I mean, Hawkeye?  Daredevil?  Two version of Spider Man?  Star Lord?

Speaking for myself, I'd love to see a 5* Jessica Jones in the game.  If they release a dual version, though, I'd really, really, really like to see the two versions be substantially different.

I used to agree with you on Hawkeye, but I've come around on him in recent years. I mean, the guy is one of a vanishingly small number of people with zero super powers who is considered worthy of being an Avenger, and he's been on the team almost as long as Cap. If that doesn't merit the 5* treatment, I don't know what does.

And just to keep this from being flagged as off-topic, I'm completely on board with a 3* Jewel / 5* Jessica Jones release. I was fairly meh on Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok (blasphemy, I know), so even though I fully expect to see her in this game, unless she completely changes the meta, she'd be a low priority character for me.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sim Mayor said:
    GrimSkald said:

I used to agree with you on Hawkeye, but I've come around on him in recent years. I mean, the guy is one of a vanishingly small number of people with zero super powers who is considered worthy of being an Avenger, and he's been on the team almost as long as Cap. If that doesn't merit the 5* treatment, I don't know what does.

And just to keep this from being flagged as off-topic, I'm completely on board with a 3* Jewel / 5* Jessica Jones release. I was fairly meh on Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok (blasphemy, I know), so even though I fully expect to see her in this game, unless she completely changes the meta, she'd be a low priority character for me.

Rarity does... that's all the star tiering means... bah I get so tired of the x isn't powerful enough to be a 5* argument.  It's based on a fundamental lack of understanding of what the devs intend for that tiers to be.
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    I noticed some match damage changes. Either Spiderman Peter Parker's match damage from his red was reduced or OML's match damage was increased. I have them maxed and noticed that OML's red does more damage than Spidey's now.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    An entire patch for a store....sad.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally,  there isn't enough differentiation between the lazy 3* variants.  I'm not really sure what the logic behind their release strategy.  To be clear,  I'm all for new releases that gives new paths and options to play styles.  but the lazy 3*/5* strategy is just a waste of a  3* release.

The 3* variant should be new powers that reflect a different era in that characters comic history.
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Personally,  there isn't enough differentiation between the lazy 3* variants.  I'm not really sure what the logic behind their release strategy.  To be clear,  I'm all for new releases that gives new paths and options to play styles.  but the lazy 3*/5* strategy is just a waste of a  3* release.

The 3* variant should be new powers that reflect a different era in that characters comic history.
    Useless nerfed lazy 3* Gambit is the best example.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:

That would require more work. The alternative here is likely one or the other, not both plus a revision.

These releases are most likely geared towards new and veteran players. New players feel like they have something to look forward to with the 3* version, something that is also attainable, but that version is useless to a veteran player more often than not. Just a 5* release means the new players can look forward to chasing covers for that character in a year, when they aren't even Latest. Five star characters are basically a waste of a slot for new rosters. 

The 3*/5* releases are fine as is. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 3* versions don't really hurt anybody but they have been a bit lacklustre lately. Strange/Thanos/Hawkguy are all pretty great in the 3* level. I think I may have used champed Angel once, he doesn't seem very good but I haven't used him boosted. I used Star Lord boosted champed this weekend and he was still pretty bad. Elektra is sadly not very exciting and of course Gambit nerfed to oblivion whereas he was quite fun before.

So maybe we are due another good 3* if one comes along this time.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I personally hate the 3/5 release. 

I have a 3 million iso deficit in 4*, a 5.6 million deficit in dupe 3s and lord knows how much in 5s since ive yet to put any iso in them. If they are scaling back our Iso income with these boss events and changes to XP I’m all for less character releases overall.