R147 Release Notes (2/26/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R147 update.

R147!
  • Check out the latest character releases in-game!
What's Changed:
  • Selecting the Heroes for Hire button on the main screen will now take the player to the correct bundle, if they had previously purchased a bundle
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6 Bundle
    • Available once you reach a S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank of 27 or higher
    • All players who have obtained this rank already will have access to this bundle when it first launches
    • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
    • Maximum 1 purchase
    • Contents:
      • 3,600 Hero Points
      • 46,000 Iso-8
      • 1 Latest Legendary token
      • 8 Heroic tokens
      • 3 Covers (1 of each power)
        • Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
      • 9 covers each character (3 of each power)
        • Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)
        • Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
    • Can be purchased for $24.99 (converted accordingly to your region's currency)
    • Lasts 3 days from when it is first made available to the player

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No clues? Aww.

In fact, no gameplay improvements or bug fixes of any kind....?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash said:
    No clues? Aww.

This surprises you? 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    CNash said:
    No clues? Aww.

This surprises you? 

We have to buy these Bundles to fund the improvements and bug fixing ;)

• RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wonder what clearance level 9 bundle will cost and include.
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    No character buffs, new features, champion rewards adjustments.  This is all getting a little boring
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Character rebalances don’t get announced until after the season ends in a week.  We don’t know whether any are coming yet.  There will probably be a new character in about 10 days as usual. I will be truly surprised if there isn’t.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shuri is in the process of being released.  We'll get another new character hint in two weeks when another new toon is coming down the pipe; it makes sense there's no new
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said: There will probably be a new character in about 10 days as usual. I will be truly surprised if there isn’t.
    Season 2 of Jessica Jones is scheduled for release on March 8th. If they're finally going to put her in the game, that'll surely be the slot for her.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    bluewolf said: There will probably be a new character in about 10 days as usual. I will be truly surprised if there isn’t.
    Season 2 of Jessica Jones is scheduled for release on March 8th. If they're finally going to put her in the game, that'll surely be the slot for her.
    Dazzler confirmed!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    CNash said:
    No clues? Aww.
    At this point, you just need to look at what Marvel project is coming up to try and guess.

On the movie side, we just got Black Panther tie ins, but Thor: Ragnarok is hitting dvd and the like. So, mostly likely either 5* Loki or Valkyrie. Long shot, Hela. Longer shot, Executioner.

On the TV side, Jessica Jones S2 is coming early March. If they don't put her in this time, they never will. I mean, she's even in a Lego game for Pete's sake.

On the comics side, Marvel announced (another) line relaunch, but it doesn't look to be happening until May. So maybe another X-Man? There's a new Exiles starring Blink, who is also in the show Gifted, and the comic is featuring Peggy Cap from MPQ, so might make sense to put her in the game now for MAXIMUM SYNERGY. Maybe they came to their senses and realize what a mistake they made by putting boring nothings like Gambit and Angel in the game before Kitty Pryde.

But probably Dazzler.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A dual 3*/5* Jessica Jones release would be nice, and fit pretty close to the season 2 release on Netflix.  It'd make the whole MCU Defenders team available at the 3* tier, which seems like decent marketing.

Alternatively, they could release another 5* Spider-Man (Iron Spider?) in anticipation of Infinity War.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m just going to point out that data mined information is not accepted in the forums. And that Thor Ragnarok releases on DVD etc on March 6.  And JJ, as pointed out above, is March 8.  Which Marvel property gets priority???  Thor or Jessica Jones? Stay tuned, True Believers!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I’m just going to point out that data mined information is not accepted in the forums. And that Thor Ragnarok releases on DVD etc on March 6.  And JJ, as pointed out above, is March 8.  Which Marvel property gets priority???  Thor or Jessica Jones? Stay tuned, True Believers!

Can't Thor and Jessica Jones just go out and grab a beer together? That would be pretty entertaining...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thor Ragnarok is already out on dvd in the UK.

I think Valkyrie and Jessica have a lot in common, and would probably be great drinking buddies.

I'd like both, but if I had to pick I'd want Jessica.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jamesh said:
    A dual 3*/5* Jessica Jones release would be nice, and fit pretty close to the season 2 release on Netflix.  It'd make the whole MCU Defenders team available at the 3* tier, which seems like decent marketing.

Alternatively, they could release another 5* Spider-Man (Iron Spider?) in anticipation of Infinity War.
    I'm all for a 3* J Jones.. but she isnt that good to be a 5*.. IMO
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    granne said:
    Thor Ragnarok is already out on dvd in the UK.

I think Valkyrie and Jessica have a lot in common, and would probably be great drinking buddies.

I'd like both, but if I had to pick I'd want Jessica.
    Well, for whatever reason the home release comes in two waves, the digital release, then two weeks later we get the Blu-Ray and DVD (at least, in the US). Mordo and Yondu both came out with the digital release of their movies, but if that were going to happen with a character from Ragnarok, it would have happened in place of Shuri being released. It doesn't mean we couldn't get a character from Ragnarok alongside the DVD instead, though. It's one of those weird situations where it hasn't happened that way before, but that doesn't mean it can't happen that way at all, you know?

Personally, I'd like Jessica over someone from Ragnarok, but if we could get Valkyrie or Hela I'd be down.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's two waves here too, but the dvd dropped yesterday.

I was hoping for a Hela boss fight. Still am, really.
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I hope for Jesica Jones.
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby

The bundles should be rotated in and out until purchased or just always be available. I would like to buy it, but you know, life happens.
  • Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The Kindle update is lagging, per usual. Getting the update notifications, but the last version is still the one in-store. Should probably be available soon, though.