No word from the devs

Options
2»

Comments

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't ignore that the Oktagon community manager role was outlined in the thread by Brigby.  She's not another Brigby.  Her role was stated to be primarily bug oriented, specifically.  Not an esoteric design conversation related one.  Even came with a statement about frivolous tagging as was mentioned upthread.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of developer engagement and communication with players. Thank you!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of developer engagement and communication with players. Thank you!
    Hey Brigby!!  While we have you here, how frequently do you engage and communicate with the developers?  And is there any relation between this thread and the new community manager?

@Sirchombli

You take back that horribleawful thing you implied about Mercadian Mask!  That block gave us the best mtg card ever printed, Squee.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hated MM. I stopped buying paper Magic shortly after that... :/
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    TomB said:
    I suggest you add this post to the Safe Rant thread because I'm interested in why but this is off-topic for this thread

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70877/the-safe-rant-thread-for-letting-off-steam#latest

• TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TomB said:
    I suggest you add this post to the Safe Rant thread because I'm interested in why but this is off-topic for this thread

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70877/the-safe-rant-thread-for-letting-off-steam#latest

Yes, but it would seem WAAAY random there and really out of the blue, so umm...no lol

On topic, I don't really have an opinion on whether the devs should be in here mixing it up with us on every little issue. While it might be interesting to hear their reasoning for some of the decisions they've made it might only serve to confuse things further and could very well set off a tinykitty storm at any time in response.

I think should probably READ what we have to say, but getting into a back and forth argument would be a real risk were they to start making comments and such... :)
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Just look even at _this_ thread, let alone others... This is not a friendly environment to invite someone into, you'd have to pay me much higher than my normal wage to actually engage when I was -guaranteed- to be attacked.

Even the _nice_ people have bad days or say things in bad ways (including me).

I think it's relevant to report this article from my friend about what game devs _really_ deal with...
    https://medium.com/@morganjaffit/the-cost-of-doing-business-c09cc5cc8728
    THIS.

Dang, folks, it's just a game.