RTO is ...

Options
GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
Too dam long. Amirite? How about you adjust the length it runs? Maybe don't run it concurrent with non-enraged events like NoP? Might have been ok if we'd had **** to go with it?

Comments

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is a 4 day NoP... And a much bigger time investment than that annoying event, and rotgp.

Frankly, i am coming to dread each reset, because its more cycling boredom, just to maximize objectives. 

Would have preferred if it ended sunday
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I stopped at progression -- at 10 points a game that wasn't bad at all. 

I really should have played the whole things to condition myself for the next running -- luckily it's AM next weekend. 
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I rather get 5 points less than to use cycling all the time. Just the thought of doing that depresses me.
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    if my math is right, RtO consists of 60 total charges? if you average 7 minutes a match (because you want to be careful and hit all secondaries) you will invest 7 hours. 
    I couldnt even play NoP, which I usually dont have a problem with
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

It definitely takes longer than an average 7 minutes for each fight, merely because you have to stall the game sometimes to get the objectives... which cost me the entire match last time on the take 60 or more node dropping me out of the top 5. At that moment I asked myself... why am I investing time in this tinykitty?

Anyway... I haven't felt the urge to quit this game since a long time, but this weekend was very close. If this is the new direction this game is taking, I'm out. The time investment is way too big.

• ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe we complained too much about lack of things to play. 

Dang, is it really 60 charges? Ouch.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Krishna said:
    if my math is right, RtO consists of 60 total charges? if you average 7 minutes a match (because you want to be careful and hit all secondaries) you will invest 7 hours. 
    I couldnt even play NoP, which I usually dont have a problem with
    7 minutes for a top tier player 10 or more for a new or mid-level player. That's 10+ hours over 4 days put into a game. No time for any other events -- also I fear Monday toilet grinds are going to be a thing again. Didn't we just move past this?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This driving need to get both objectives seems to be the cause of so much pain... I focus on one and I have fun and less stress and I get by. (no points for winning made that harder this time.)

I think it would free people up a lot if they could only get the points for each objective once through the entire event. Then you could experiment with your deck to get one, change it to get the other, then just play to win after that. Less stress for everyone.

People are very very bad at looking after their mental health. People forcing themselves to play in a way they don't like just to "win" actually means they end up with -ve pleasure and they _lose_. But that's not the game's fault, that's poor mental hygiene.

People _will_ keep doing it though and the company unfortunately needs to force people to be happy because they never choose that on their own if "unhappiness and loot" is the other option.
  • Thuran
    Options
    Giving objectives only once, and then only counting wins, would lead to everyone having the Max score....seems like a bad idea...
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wait did you guys actually finish the event?

I think I played maybe 2 rounds of each, aiming to just have fun and enjoy facing IXLN decks rather than get all the points, realized I was getting no points for games I didn't fixate on the objectives, and closed out of mtgpq and played different games all weekend...a pattern I feel more and more inclined to do recently, which is unfortunate because I'm a hardcore loyalist to this game :/
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My ending to the thread title is ".. tedious and not remotely fun"
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:

This driving need to get both objectives seems to be the cause of so much pain... I focus on one and I have fun and less stress and I get by. (no points for winning made that harder this time.)

I think it would free people up a lot if they could only get the points for each objective once through the entire event. Then you could experiment with your deck to get one, change it to get the other, then just play to win after that. Less stress for everyone.

People are very very bad at looking after their mental health. People forcing themselves to play in a way they don't like just to "win" actually means they end up with -ve pleasure and they _lose_. But that's not the game's fault, that's poor mental hygiene.

People _will_ keep doing it though and the company unfortunately needs to force people to be happy because they never choose that on their own if "unhappiness and loot" is the other option.
    Although you are correct that people are doing it to themselves, it is a really awful game design where mastering the event is tedious and not fun.  Pretty sure that won't lead to long term revenue gains.
  • DaddyO
    DaddyO Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Aren’t we all getting first place coalition rewards? I see every coalition tied for first with zero points. This was a great weekend for experimenting with Ixalan cards. I didn’t feel a need to do heavy lifting for my coalition given that we are all big winners. Yes, the objectives need tweaked in favor of playing the new stuff. It was a cool new challenge moving my supports away from the indestructible supports. 

Those indestructible supports could be tweaked to help to meet the event objectives such as giving a 1/1 creature each turn or give a creature when popping the activated gems. 

I will agree with the general unhappiness with the objective of making life totals below 20. We haven’t seen buffing your creatures or casting tokens or killing your own creatures (we all do it) or five gem matches. 
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't see myself ever playing past the progression rewards on this one.
  • Thuran
    Options
    Its over, its finally over!

Haven't been this happy to get an event done since rishkars expertise, and yet the reasons and aftermath are completely different feelings...
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    .... Begging for an explanation by the devs about their design decisions. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The sad thing is, this event could be really cool.  But the objectives and bugs made it impossible to enjoy.  Hopefully the next go-around will be better