Why Has There Been No Progress

Hi all I'm a 513 day player 

I want to know what you guys and girls think of the current game modes available 

Since I've joined the MPQ universe there hasn't been a new permanent game mode introduced for PVE and PvP,

I'll start with prologue I don't get why they don't have a restart timer on that mode I'd like to see  a 7 day or a 14 day restart timer on prologue some might say that's a waste of time some might say that's a great idea,

We still have one PVE event running every week why haven't they added an extra mode to that section of the game it doesn't have to be repeatable missions something like gauntlet would be a nice Addison to PVE,

Then we have our favourite game mode PvP

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have

1) DDQ
    2) Boss events
    3) S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator
    4) Lightning Round
    5) Normal PvE,
    6) Normal PvP
    7) Special-themed PvP like Balance of Power,  Snowfight??.
    8) Prologue

I'm generally satisfied with the game modes available. Why would you want to restart playing Prologue anyway? Unless their difficulty increases with every full completion, it will be just a cakewalk. 

What kind of new game modes do you have in mind?
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Andre MPQ said:
    Andre MPQ said:
    Hi all I'm a 513 day player 

I want to know what you guys and girls think of the current game modes available 

Since I've joined the MPQ universe there hasn't been a new permanent game mode introduced for PVE and PvP,

I'll start with prologue I don't get why they don't have a restart timer on that mode I'd like to see  a 7 day or a 14 day restart timer on prologue some might say that's a waste of time some might say that's a great idea,

We still have one PVE event running every week why haven't they added an extra mode to that section of the game it doesn't have to be repeatable missions something like gauntlet would be a nice Addison to PVE,

I just noticed it didn't let me complete everything I wanted to say I had a really good put on PvP but I can't be bothered to re written everything 

• Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    We have 

1) DDQ
    2) Boss events
    3) S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator
    4) Lightning Round
    5) Normal PvE,
    6) Normal PvP
    7) Special-themed PvP like Balance of Power,  Snowfight??.
    8) Prologue
    Everything you listed are not extra game modes that have been added along side normal PVE and PvP 
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    We need a training mode that allows you to select all 3 of your opponent's characters and their levels (ex, level 520) so we have a means to test character combinations.

They also should open up prolog every season as a means to get ISO.  They have the ability to scale it base on your roster.

A peer-to-peer challenge mode would also be interesting even if there were no rewards.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, so you are requesting more concurrently running items?

There is only so much more Demiurge/D3 can add before reaching too much of a saturation point. I'd say we are nearly there as is, short of making existing events more rewarding or a season-long low investment event (something akin to Gauntlet or System Reboot with longer than a week runtime).

The only times I can think of with extra events in the last year and change was Crash of the Mad Titan and the Bag-Man April Fool's PVP
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not exactly sure what you would consider progress, because I'm not sure why new boss events, PVE events, and things like System Reboot and Shield Training don't count.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's enough stuff in there to keep you busy for around 2-3 hours a day, if you so choose. That's plenty for me.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I think we have enough things available to take up most of our day in this game already. Specially for the people that are very active, competitive, or complete everything every day. This game already takes up most of my day. I would just like more variety in the things we already have. 
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    Minigames would be most welcone.  It’d be fun to do a puzzley challenge every day.  They could make games (with a daily match) like fastest time, most tiles destroyed, fewest moves, etc... Scale it to highest possible scl.  Give the one winner per scl a leg token, and everybody else 1-3k iso or a heroic (depending on scl).  I’d love some more non competitive fresh content. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I would like to see a Gauntlet-like PVE with difficult battles and a guaranteed 5* at the very end, running along-side existing PVE, kind of like how Shield Training is today.

I would also like to see DPD expanded, and PVP changes (some kind of compromise between point-based and win-based).

In general I’m happy with existing game modes though.  I have a hard time fitting PVP in as it is.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember back when PvE nodes refreshed every 2½ hours and there was usually two subs running concurrently, sometimes with different end times (The Hunt, I am looking in your direction...). It wasn't fun. At all. One sub at a time, and one big grind period suits me pretty well. PArticularly since time slices were introduced and I didn't have to wake up at 5 AM for the end grinds...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kinda miss Heroics. They could bring those back once in a while. I think I've met Rocket & Groot several dozen times since the last Heroic ran...
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    ViralCore said:
    We need a training mode that allows you to select all 3 of your opponent's characters and their levels (ex, level 520) so we have a means to test character combinations.
    Been asking for this for a while. With sooo many toons now we really need a sandbox to play around with. Don't need rewards or anything, but Kraven, for example, is a lot better than people think in the right situations (like with or against Carnage or those stupid attack ninjas). Lockjaw, too. 
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    I kinda miss Heroics. They could bring those back once in a while. I think I've met Rocket & Groot several dozen times since the last Heroic ran...
    No! Take it back! Those heroics are not as nice as you remember! AND SO MANY DARK AVENGERS PLZ NO
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, I enjoyed them. i think the reason they don't run heroics anymore is because they can't figure out how to tie them to shield clearance level. Heroics were always intended for those with advanced rosters.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    In those 500 days they introduced several new pves, SHIELD training and System Reboot..
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I don’t agree that no progress has been made, there have been a number of good additions to the game since I started playing 15 months ago. However I think it would be awesome if the prologue was reopened every season with SCL based scaling and progression rewards to match. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I don't think heroics would work in a SCL world
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Andre MPQ said:

I just want to post my agreement with you on this point.

PvP is my favorite game mode too. You can play at your leisure.  Climb in an hour or two. Use a couple of shields and collect CP.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want a daily 4* DDQ node.