New PVE Slice Time

Hi all I've been meaning to post this for a while I'd like to propose a new PVE Slice time currently as I leave in England UK we have 

12pm
5pm
10pm
4am
7am

So what a propose to D3 is to add a 12am I'm asking this because I can't play optimally as I did before as my work schedule and family things get in the way

Hope the message gets to the D3

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    And fracture the playerbase even more? No thanks. 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Them's the breaks. If they catered to what's best for everyone, we'd have 24 different slices.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Ducky said:
    Please help me
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Andre MPQ said:
    Ducky said:
    Please help me
    We can contact the out employer and se if they could promote you to customer so you can have more time to play???

• Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    wymtime said:
    Andre MPQ said:
    Ducky said:
    Please help me
    We can contact the out employer and se if they could promote you to customer so you can have more time to play???

Thank you
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    No harm in asking.

@Ducky , I think that should be a blue response, rather than a green. The topic doesn't warrant a moderator reply.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    No harm in asking.

@Ducky , I think that should be a blue response, rather than a green. The topic doesn't warrant a moderator reply.
    Ducky wasn't posting in moderator mode. Mods can have opinions like the rest of us.:smile:
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, to be fair, Ducky is a regular player of the game before his mod duties. He's someone that can offer an opinion. 

I would really love a slice at 8-9pm in the UK. That would be the perfect world. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Yea, I was totally giving my opinion. If I post as a moderator, it will be in bold and surrounded by asterisks.

But yea, adding in additional time slices would also give out more top end rewards as there would be more brackets, which is probably something that the devs don't want either.

To be honest, whenever SCL 10 drops, I think they should probably reduce the amount of time slices we have as fragmentation will probably start to really show then.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in the same boat as the OP and agree that the start/end times suck on occasion and are much better for me during the weeks between DST time zones in UK & USA.  Having S3 ending at 9pm rather than 10pm makes a big difference.

Having said that (and bear in mind this is coming from someone who often does play optimally) it's great that you aren't letting a mobile game get in the way of family/work.  And you can still get near top rewards by trying to catch a flip or just playing sub optimally in CL9 (or even CL8 or lower if you get lucky with your bracket).
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    If adding a slice is going to fracture the playerbase, then what if we got rid of one? Reduce it down to 4. This way it's evenly spread out by 6hrs. Gap may be too big but at least it's fair
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's the implication of adding one additional time slice or reducing the number of time slice? Does it mean that the number of players per bracket(?) decrease/increase and less chance of getting better placement rewards? Currently, I have no problem with the time slices available because I find them perfect.

I think the decision boils down to how many % of players are going to benefit from this additional time slice compared to the % of players who will not benefit from the additional time slice. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I would like to see is:
    A. No time slices. It’s calculated by speed of clears and/or your 24 hours it triggered by when you start. 
    B. Periodically the time slices change. For example every season they advance 3 hours. That way everyone gets turns when time is favorable and others where it’s not. 

Both probably require massive structural changes changes so I’m not holding out. 

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Andre MPQ said:
    Ducky said:
    Please help me

I miss the LOL button 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    But yea, adding in additional time slices would also give out more top end rewards as there would be more brackets, which is probably something that the devs don't want either.
    If the player base is stable, I'd think it would add 9 more sets of rewards at most.  But it also has the possibility of reducing the number of brackets.

Lets say that there were 2500 players in each of the time slices adjacent to the proposed new slice for a particular clearance level.  That corresponds to six 1000 person brackets.  Lets say that 500 players from each of those slices decide to migrate to the new slice because it is more convenient to them: you've now got two brackets in each of the original slices and one bracket in the new slice, or a reduction in the number of top rewards being given out.

As long as you don't get to a point where you have slices that never manage to fill a bracket, it isn't obvious that it will always increase the number of brackets.
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    8 slices 3 hours apart would provide plenty of flexibility to the player base. So what if more rewards are available? More rewards means happy players. Happy players should translate to a successful, healthy game
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaSal said:
    8 slices 3 hours apart would provide plenty of flexibility to the player base. So what if more rewards are available? More rewards means happy players. Happy players should translate to a successful, healthy game
    Happy players don't spend money.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Ducky said:
    Yea, I was totally giving my opinion. If I post as a moderator, it will be in bold and surrounded by asterisks.

To be honest, whenever SCL 10 drops, I think they should probably reduce the amount of time slices we have as fragmentation will probably start to really show then.
    My bad, Duck. I was reading on my laptop, and your reply had the green mod color and the "this is me as a moderator" signature attached. It seemed more "official" that way, and as it was the first (and only) response, it could be taken as End of Discussion.

On my phone, the post doesn't come through as anything more than a fellow forumite.

I know y'all are doing this for love, and not even snacks, so I wanna make sure you know I appreciate it. I certainly don't wanna shut down your opinion as a player.