Place Yer Bets Beta Testers- Shuri SHIELD Training ANSWER Yes!- 19% Correct

2»

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I think the real question is going to be: what is going to be done about the Bl4ck P4nther column, since he won't be available in tokens yet either when it starts?
    Uhhh, i thought this is precisely whaf the OP was talking about, the last 4* release being essential but not in tokens yet.

I thought it would have been also from the title, but based on the "4 times this has happened, and 4 times we were told it was fixed..." bit, it seemed like that maybe wasn't actually the case. To my recollection, it was just the Nico/Main Event Hulk release where that happened.

At any rate, it's up now, looks like they went with all classics.
    For the Black Panther release two weeks ago, there was a complaint thread that you couldn't recruit Kraven... for the initial 3 to 4 hours between S.H.I.E.L.D. Training going live and Kraven going into tokens in the daily data push. That situation is being included in what people are referring, if I understand them correctly.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Of course it isn't; do you see it listed under "Devs Aware"?
    I have lost my bet:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Shuri (2/22/18) *New Update*
    Required Characters: Shuri, Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Mr. Fantastic
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    I think the real question is going to be: what is going to be done about the Bl4ck P4nther column, since he won't be available in tokens yet either when it starts?
    Uhhh, i thought this is precisely whaf the OP was talking about, the last 4* release being essential but not in tokens yet.

I thought it would have been also from the title, but based on the "4 times this has happened, and 4 times we were told it was fixed..." bit, it seemed like that maybe wasn't actually the case. To my recollection, it was just the Nico/Main Event Hulk release where that happened.

For the Black Panther release two weeks ago, there was a complaint thread that you couldn't recruit Kraven... for the initial 3 to 4 hours between S.H.I.E.L.D. Training going live and Kraven going into tokens in the daily data push. That situation is being included in what people are referring, if I understand them correctly.
    Which is silly, because the hours between Shield Training starting and the token data push happening are completely negligible. But these are the forums, and people are going to get up in arms about it anyways.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards

So this complaint then was that whales can't whale the instant the event starts???

Seryusly?

Man, I can't even complain right any more.

Well, they can whale away in 3 days, and still have 4 days to finish ST.

Yeah, they went with old 4s....like the first time they ran ST ... to a rousing chorus of ZOMG HOW CAN NEW PLAYERZ POSSIBLY HAS SUCH OLD TOONZ AT THOSE LEVELS?!??! 

I guess I can expect that thread tomorrow, just as soon as the concerned citizens can open the event.
    But the issue wasn't that people couldn't whale... All anyone needed was a small stash of lts and/or cp if nico/Meh were available as Latest. Under the circumstances the only ones who could play up to the cover were whales who whaled the new character at release. 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I am glad that the devs kept the fact in mind, and chose the essentials accordingly. I will need to invest some ISO in Mr. Fantastic, but that's not a big deal for me
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    So it looks like Panther is NOT required after all.
  • ZeroChill
    ZeroChill Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2018
    Very nice update. Glad to see that non-uberwhales can finish the SHIELD training once again!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, a very nice and welcomed change. Picked up my Shuri cover. 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Of course it is fixed the Town Crier has assured us four times it won't happen again
    Thank you D3 for finally understand that  requiring a character at lev 209  only 2 weeks after its release was a little too much.
    Nice change in Shield Simulator  ;)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS said:
    Thank you D3 for finally understand that  requiring a character at lev 209  only 2 weeks after its release was a little too much.

Don't get too used to it, next SHIELD training will probably require a level 209 Shuri. Only reason Black Panther gets a pass is that he's not available in tokens yet.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    WEBGAS said:

Don't get too used to it, next SHIELD training will probably require a level 209 Shuri. Only reason Black Panther gets a pass is that he's not available in tokens yet.
    I wouldn't bet on that - in the opening ndoe, BP was paired not with the other 2 essential 4*s, but with 2 characters with good synergy for his skilset, which was also much  complained about. Looks like positive changes all around! :) 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    WEBGAS said:

I wouldn't bet on that - in the opening ndoe, BP was paired not with the other 2 essential 4*s, but with 2 characters with good synergy for his skilset, which was also much  complained about. Looks like positive changes all around! :) 

I'll be happy if I am proved wrong. :)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next one will require Panther AND Shuri.  So don't relax quite yet.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Next one will require Panther AND Shuri.  So don't relax quite yet.
    7 day PVE with 2 prog covers will make it a little easier to get Shuri to 209.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really do hope this is the new method for doing things. This current system of giving you a new cover if you have good enough old 4*s, followed by bonud ISO and CP if you have a high enough level new 4* on the bottom row, is a great way of doing it.

As we've said countless times before, giving away a single free 4* in Shield Training is not going to break the game economy. If you're willing to give one or two away in the following PvE, giving us one in Shield Training shouldn't feel like you're spoiling us.

I hope this is the start of a continuing trend and not a reaction to the 2-releases-in-a-row happenstance.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, they used classics!! Yay!!! I'm so happy!!! Good job and thank you for doing this!!!