Place Yer Bets Beta Testers- Shuri SHIELD Training ANSWER Yes!- 19% Correct

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
So far when the new SHIELD Training has come up our Aloof Overlords have managed to forget to have a token which allows you to get the new character so you can play right from the beginning. So far, they've done this four times and four times the Town Crier has assured us it won't happen again. So last time we did this the results were 95% "No" on them fixing Strange Sights Door 1; and we were correct. Let's see if the fifth time is the charm. Place yer bets Beta Testers.

UPDATE: Correct answer was "Yes" by 19% of those beta testers who responded. Congratulations to all who kept the faith.

Place Yer Bets Beta Testers- Shuri SHIELD Training ANSWER Yes!- 19% Correct 89 votes

Of course it is fixed the Town Crier has assured us four times it won't happen again
20%
Yasurutrat73AkuvilleShanePHallamDaichesDoc LDJSquiggyBasepuzzlerWEBGASevade420SNKAllenMjolnirmight2CharlieCrokerLeaveMyCookiesBrigadierbleuMonsoon3kk3thessScofie 18 votes
Of course it isn't; do you see it listed under "Devs Aware"?
79%
ColognoisseurfirethorneHadronicRemoDestroyerBowgentleBearVengerkillercoolxKOBALTxIridiousseshomaTaganovPunter1JexmanDeNappaDartmaster01abmorazmoss04grunth13Tiggidasteakleather 71 votes

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
     They will simply remove the "recruit heroes" button on Shuri nodes
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the real question is going to be: what is going to be done about the Bl4ck P4nther column, since he won't be available in tokens yet either when it starts?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where's the option for being tinykitties about it isn't going to solve the problem?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I forget the past precedent, but following seasons with two 4* releases, they put one cover in SHIELD Training and one in SHIELD Simulator. I guess they'd put Shuri in Training and P4nther in Simulator.

(No, it's not the topic, but it's what I've been thinking about.)
  • Brigadierbleu
    Brigadierbleu Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Of course it is fixed the Town Crier has assured us four times it won't happen again
    I’m an optimist 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the real question is going to be: what is going to be done about the Bl4ck P4nther column, since he won't be available in tokens yet either when it starts?
    This is what I'm wondering.  Mine is at 6 covers.  With no way to get more, does that mean I can't get the Shuri cover, or will they put Panther in tokens early?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what I'm wondering.  Mine is at 6 covers.  With no way to get more, does that mean I can't get the Shuri cover, or will they put Panther in tokens early?
    Yep you won't get the Shuri cover.
    You were supposed to whale the Pantron vault (or get your covers from PVE and PVP rewards).
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    You know the answer
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    Where's the option for being tinykitties about it isn't going to solve the problem?
    Literally nothing else have worked so far, might as well do this.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Bowgentle said:
    Yep you won't get the Shuri cover.
    You were supposed to whale the Pantron vault (or get your covers from PVE and PVP rewards).
    Hmm... well I was saving up iso to level Panther and likely Mr. F (my strong guess at one of the classic essentials) to 209.  Guess I can skip the event and instead feed the 3* farm as I have two at 266 with dupes ready to go!

madoctor said:
    You know the answer
    This cracked me up for some reason, lol.

By the way, is there going to be a time when Thor and Panther/Shuri are in tokens together?

I need one more Thor and was waiting to pull until at least Panther hits tokens but am unsure exactly how it all works.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Panther Shuri and Thor should be in tokens together at the start of next season and until almost Midway of the season (assuming the release after Shuri is a 5*)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Mine is at 5 covers, so I'm not too far behind. I'm not like really sweating it, i usually do what i can and be out, but still I'm intellectually curious what the plan is.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just hope they don’t go with Black Panther as required.  I also hope they don’t go with Kraven for a 2nd run but go with all older 4*.  This would be a nice reset and give more players the opportunity to get the new release character.

i know I know crazy idea and not enough money in it for the devs so it will never happen.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Last time we had 2 - 4* releases in the same season (Hulk and Nightcrawler I think) we had this very situation and they said they would not do it again.  We shall see...
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Last SHIELD Training Kraven was added to LTs and heroics the day it started.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huntah86 said:
    Yeah, by accident because season rolled over.

MEH wasn't in tokens when he was required.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Personally, I had hoped we would see a special Wakanda event, like growth industries that would reward both pink panther and shuri. 

I mean that could happen.. right..:smiley:
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Huntah86 said:

I think that the complaints on the season rollover S.H.I.E.L.D. Trainings are making a mountain of a molehill. The MEH situation is a worthy concern.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    ZeiramMR said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Huntah86 said:

I think that the complaints on the season rollover S.H.I.E.L.D. Trainings are making a mountain of a molehill. The MEH situation is a worthy concern.

That's how I feel.  The first few times SHIELD happened when one essential wasn't available except for release, absolutely complain about it and it was really poor planning. But Kraven was available last time by "accident" or not. We don't even know when Shuri will be released right? So taking that into consideration, I don't understand the people pre-complaining. If she's released around the same time BP was then I have no issues with it.

I think the thing that keeps getting lost here is that this is completely optional and just a bonus.  You don't have to complete it and it doesn't matter for any sort of ranked rewards so just enjoy whatever you can obtain..
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Uhhh, i thought this is precisely whaf the OP was talking about, the last 4* release being essential but not in tokens yet.

I thought it would have been also from the title, but based on the "4 times this has happened, and 4 times we were told it was fixed..." bit, it seemed like that maybe wasn't actually the case. To my recollection, it was just the Nico/Main Event Hulk release where that happened.

At any rate, it's up now, looks like they went with all classics.