Deck RNG

Options
2»

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Had Raider’s Wake in play during a recent match and creatures consistently in play to trigger raid. Watched the AI cast three copies of Legion Conquistador.

This is vital as it proves the decks aren’t 40-card decks. Every time you cast a Legion Conquistador, you tutor up the next one into hand. However it is the last card in hand, meaning my Raider’s Wake should force a discard of the tutored version. This means the AI had to draw three copies in addition to the three tutored up for a total of 6 before running through a 40-card deck. So either the AI drew key cards needed outside the normal peremiters, the decks are just RNG picking any of the 10 possible cards, or the AI can rearrange its hand after casting cards. 

theoretically the ai could have drawn 3 legion conquistadors in
    it's opening hand. then the ones you discarded were extras
    from the additional deck(after the 4th one).

HH
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    wereotter said:
    Had Raider’s Wake in play during a recent match and creatures consistently in play to trigger raid. Watched the AI cast three copies of Legion Conquistador.

This is vital as it proves the decks aren’t 40-card decks. Every time you cast a Legion Conquistador, you tutor up the next one into hand. However it is the last card in hand, meaning my Raider’s Wake should force a discard of the tutored version. This means the AI had to draw three copies in addition to the three tutored up for a total of 6 before running through a 40-card deck. So either the AI drew key cards needed outside the normal peremiters, the decks are just RNG picking any of the 10 possible cards, or the AI can rearrange its hand after casting cards. 

theoretically the ai could have drawn 3 legion conquistadors in
    it's opening hand. then the ones you discarded were extras
    from the additional deck(after the 4th one).

HH
    Which would be the case if he wasn't also playing other cards in between. He got two out early and one out later, I should have mentioned that.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or perhaps the AI is rearranging it's hand at times it shouldn't be able to?

This is the thing... There are _other_ potential things which are also bugs but are causing the same problems!

There is not _one_ possible bug, there are many possible bugs with exactly the same effects.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah. I mentioned the possibility the AI could be rearranging it’s hand at times players cannot. Which would be aggrivating if true. I’d love to rearrange my hand after playing a draw spell at the very least. 
  • Foznertep
    Foznertep Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I at least noticed that I tend to draw odd groups lately almost every match. I usually draw copies of the same 3 or 4 cards again and again on the first rounds with the odd loner here and there in between. Then I draw clumps of the next 3 and so on. This pattern has been pretty persistent over the last weeks and is really annoying. 
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Foznertep said:
    I at least noticed that I tend to draw odd groups lately almost every match. I usually draw copies of the same 3 or 4 cards again and again on the first rounds with the odd loner here and there in between. Then I draw clumps of the next 3 and so on. This pattern has been pretty persistent over the last weeks and is really annoying. 
    This. I'm getting irritated. I noticed this happened sometimes before ixalan, but it seems like it's a lot more common. And for the ai, too.

And all the extra animations are getting on my nerves. It used to pop up one additional card for the 1st reinforcement and then "flash" the card on the battlefield while showing the ×/× go up. Now I see every card pop. And those servo supports, while the same as before, should just pop one card showing a multiplier and then pop them on the gems at once. Golly, sometimes it's near a minute for all that stuff to eventualize.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    <edit, OK, I see I replied early in the thread...>