Broken brackets and scaling

Options
2»

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akblaze said:
    I think everyone is misunderstanding me. I usually finish the PvP’s top 25 or higher and yes I use shields. The bracketing I’m referring to is the season bracket. That needs fix and where I’m talking about not finishing top 100. It’s usually around 250.

The scaling or progression in the game like someone mentioned before should be be based on strength and level (hp’s) and that’s where things get weird. Once you hit a certain point or score in the game it’s like the flood gates open and everyone with players with hp at 450 and above and your highest is only 270 then that’s not the fair part.
    So you’re in competition with all of the other players in your bracket with all different strengths, yet you say you should be invisible to the players with stronger rosters than you?

Am I reading that right?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akblaze said:
    I think everyone is misunderstanding me. I usually finish the PvP’s top 25 or higher and yes I use shields. The bracketing I’m referring to is the season bracket. That needs fix and where I’m talking about not finishing top 100. It’s usually around 250.

The scaling or progression in the game like someone mentioned before should be be based on strength and level (hp’s) and that’s where things get weird. Once you hit a certain point or score in the game it’s like the flood gates open and everyone with players with hp at 450 and above and your highest is only 270 then that’s not the fair part.

You need to remember that the season brackets collect everyone playing in all time slices. In my experience, there's usually at least Three or four brackets per event and SCL, so it's probably at least 20 brackets that are competing for season placements. If you are in one of the low scoring brackets, it's not that strange to end top 25 in each event and not cracking top 100 for the season.

And as mentioned the rewards aren't really anything to write home about either. Sure, some extra tenpacks are nice, but it won't make or break your roster.

• TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Top 25 in a Season bracket is Top 0.5%. 

Do you think you are playing Top 0.5% MPQ?

#BasicMathSavesForumites
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Akblaze said:
    @Kjeldbjerg, your missing my point. First off I do check the boards right after I shield. 15 min later attacks come in and I lose points. That’s the lag I’m talking about. As far as the 5000 players, well no kidding. What I’m saying is that those 5k people should be in the same playing field otherwise there is no chance for any progression from lower people with out spending money. That’s B.S. have I ever reached 1K of higher in tje game? No freaking way. The game won’t allow it. It’s hard to do when all 3 nodes are nothing but the same people (sharks). And yes I’ve spent plenty of ISO skipping and restarting the game but it’s always the same tinykitty. As far as PVE goes that’s a no brainer and it’s pretty easy. I’m speaking only of the PVP games.

So you don't hit 1k in a single event but want top placement for the season?
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KGB said:
    Akblaze said:

Season bracket. Seriously, season bracket? The rewards for T100 and even T50 aren't worth caring about if your in 4* land. Yes, a heroic 10 pack vs 4-5 heroic tokens and some minor CP difference isn't zero but over 20+ day seasons it's just a rounding error.

If you *really* want to finish high in a season bracket, don't join early. I take off the first 2 PvP events and join the 3rd one late (last couple hours). I only reach  5-6K total for a season (2K simulator and 575-600 in all the remaining events) and always finish T50 and often T25. Sure, I get an extra heroic 10 pack (or 2 if I finish T25) but I give up the 20 CP and other goodies from the first 2 PvP events (it's my downtime from the PvP game that first week of a new season).

KGB
    The difference between T250 and T50 season isn't worth missing two full events of rewards.  It's also not worth spending the amount of HP you would need to on shields to make the difference.  Season rewards are a joke, and you really shouldn't spend hardly any HP chasing them.  Spending that HP on tokens would be better.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Top 25 in a Season bracket is Top 0.5%. 

Do you think you are playing Top 0.5% MPQ?

#BasicMathSavesForumites
    Good math.
    Top 25 in event = Top 5%
    Top 250 in season = also top 5%.
    Looks like the numbers check out.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akblaze said:

That's how competitive games work.  There are no minor leagues or amateur events here.  It sounds to me like you want to only be in competition with people who are your strength or lower, because you're upset that 5* champs can choose to fight you.  If they couldn't see you, would it be fair for you to see people weaker than you?  How narrow do you want the fields to be, and how should rewards scale?  Surely a 2* roster shouldn't have the same access to CP and 4* covers as 5* rosters.

I'm not saying the system couldn't improve.  Ever since I champed my 2nd 5* I've been unable to seriously compete, because they're not the right 5*s.  I wish the characters were balanced a little better so we'd see some variety away from the 1 or 2 optimal setups in each tier, but having all the players in the same pool is a better representation of your relative power in the game.  If you don't have a T10 roster, you don't deserve T10 placement, and getting there should be a challenge that may involve a monetary cost.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Akblaze said:
    Think about a sport like boxing, would you pay to go watch some heavyweight beat the tinykitty out of a lightweight? Well some would but most would not. Just put people in with people with like strength rosters....
    I think your argument is much closer to a pro fighting an amateur....and guess what the pro gets paid more money (rewards) than the amateur....

This is a free to play game not a free to make it to the top and compete with players who spend a ton of money to keep the game going game. 

If if you are willing to put in a lot of time and dedication you can progress and achieve a good level of competitiveness but THAT is the trade off for not putting money into the game. 

Complaining about this is just a waste of your time when this is how the world works in general. You would be much better off complaining about the real issues that matter like cheating in the game as that is the true injustice in the game....