Broken brackets and scaling

Options
Akblaze
Akblaze Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
I’d like to know when D3 is going to fix this piece of the game that’s been broken for years. Until this is fixed there is no fair scaling or progression in this game. Is D3 so hung up in making money that they won’t address this?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What problem are they going to fix, specifically? We can't read your mind to figure out what problem you are thinking of...
    The SCL-based scaling solved a lot of the problems with scaling in PvE. If you feel the opponents are too tough, drop down a level next event.
    Not sure what the problem with brackets is...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akblaze said:
    I’d like to know when D3 is going to fix this piece of the game that’s been broken for years. Until this is fixed there is no fair scaling or progression in this game. Is D3 so hung up in making money that they won’t address this?
    What scaling or progression issue are you referencing?
    Is this about the boss event side nodes, where the game actually scales to your roster like it did for the first few years of the game (or worse with community scaling)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's very likely that you can't beat the side nodes or used up a lot of healthpacks for the Civil War boss event.

Currently, the hot topic is about Civil War side nodes because a number of players are not happy with the "insane" scaling of the enemies' team, how they have to use 2* and 3* to fight against opponents with level 450 and above characters, making this a 2 vs 6 match.

As for the bracket comment, i guess it's related to not being able to choose the time slice of this boss event. For your normal PvE, you can choose from 5 time slices. 

If it's not, then I don't know what the bracket refers to. 

I think D3 should boost R4G, G4mora, 4Thor, Riri, C4rol for every boss event. Also, they should boost 2* and 3* to levels close to the opposing team, instead of capping at 212 or 266. I think players would be more happy playing boss event.
  • Akblaze
    Options
    Civil wat has been broken for a long time. Someone needs to teach the programmers how to do their job. The broken brackets and scaling I’m referring to is related to tje PVP seasons. This is suppose to be a progressive game to where I should’nt have to spend a lot of money to move up in the game. I understand where D3 says they can’t control who joins when but they do control what brackets you fall into. Even with my 4*’s champed I’ll never finish in the top 50 or even 100 when all of those players are at least level 450. No one will ever get the rewards except tje sharks. Although I think they way they throw you into a higher bracket than you can compete on during the pvp play itself. The least D3 can do is make it fair, that’s all I’m asking for. But instead all they say is buy shields. Well I do buy shields and the lag in the game always brings in attack losses 5 min after shielding. Bunch of B.S. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Akblaze said:
    Civil wat has been broken for a long time. Someone needs to teach the programmers how to do their job. The broken brackets and scaling I’m referring to is related to tje PVP seasons. This is suppose to be a progressive game to where I should’nt have to spend a lot of money to move up in the game. I understand where D3 says they can’t control who joins when but they do control what brackets you fall into. Even with my 4*’s champed I’ll never finish in the top 50 or even 100 when all of those players are at least level 450. No one will ever get the rewards except tje sharks. Although I think they way they throw you into a higher bracket than you can compete on during the pvp play itself. The least D3 can do is make it fair, that’s all I’m asking for. But instead all they say is buy shields. Well I do buy shields and the lag in the game always brings in attack losses 5 min after shielding. Bunch of B.S. 
    There are 5000 people in a season bracket. Only 1% can be top 50. The game at the top has been about only 5stars for more than a year, almost 2.
    I'm sorry, but you're still catching up.
    And season placement takes a lot more than just shielding. Bracket choice is one of them. Are you even playing Scl7 to accomplish the goal of high season finish, or are you trying this in a higher tier? Are you hitting 1200 or more each event?
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Check the leaderboard after shielding. Dont blame the lag for your hits, you are probably doing too many matches before shielding. 

And plenty of 4* players hit t50 and t100, also ftp players. Your roster doesnt determine how high you can go, time and shields do.

So while there are a great many things that could be improved in this game, brackets should be low on that list.
  • Akblaze
    Options
    @Kjeldbjerg, your missing my point. First off I do check the boards right after I shield. 15 min later attacks come in and I lose points. That’s the lag I’m talking about. As far as the 5000 players, well no kidding. What I’m saying is that those 5k people should be in the same playing field otherwise there is no chance for any progression from lower people with out spending money. That’s B.S. have I ever reached 1K of higher in tje game? No freaking way. The game won’t allow it. It’s hard to do when all 3 nodes are nothing but the same people (sharks). And yes I’ve spent plenty of ISO skipping and restarting the game but it’s always the same ****. As far as PVE goes that’s a no brainer and it’s pretty easy. I’m speaking only of the PVP games.
  • Akblaze
    Options
    And your way wrong about time and shields. That’s my point it doesn’t matter. And yes people with maxed 4* do finish top 50 or 100. That’s maxed 4’s or close to it. I’d be more that happy to post the top 50 players so you can see what I’m talking about or are you one of those Sharks I’m speaking of and you trying to defend yourself. Point being I’m not paying for something I should be able to obtain while playing the game.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's simple, if you want placement or (max) progression in pvp, you need shields. Shields cost hp. It's hard to just use 'free' hp on shields (gotta get them roster spots, right?), so it's almost inevitable to spend money if you want to place high in pvp.
    It's your choice if you're willing to do that.
  • Akblaze
    Options
    Again, shields don’t matter if there is no one to play against. And if you do get lucky and find one it’s only worth 10pts or less.....Do you realize how many shields it would take?
  • Akblaze
    Options
    Think about a sport like boxing, would you pay to go watch some heavyweight beat the **** out of a lightweight? Well some would but most would not. Just put people in with people with like strength rosters....
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oops! I didn't expect it to be about PvP because this topic has been gone through a lot of times and it ends up being about the MMR or collaboration between alliances outside the game mainly. The one change they did make was to use a counter for every match you won, and when you reach 40, you get the top progression. Somehow, it was scrapped due to its unpopularity.

When you said you can't finished in top 50 - 100, are you referring to PvP or end of the season? I finished top 50 in PvP, SCL 8, before and I'm still in 3* land, level ~170 for the top 5 characters. If it's related to season ranking, I can understand why. You could work backwards. In SCL 8 season, the top score was about 25000. On average they are hitting about 2000 points per PvP. 

When you hit a certain number of points(800), shielding is needed to protect your points and to queue opposing team with high points. Seeing how you can't hit 1000, I find it strange that you can't find one with more than 10 points. Unless you can't beat them. You can try using DP's Whales. I done it once before on a team with high level boosted 4* and got close to 60 points.

Regarding attacks coming in and you losing points 15 minutes after shielding, could it be your internet connection? Before shielding, I check that my score is X and after shielding, I check that it is X. I have never encountered any issue about this.

Does anyone know what's the normal score in the higher level SCL was before alliances collaborate outside to help each other? I see top players getting 2000 easily because of their collaboration. 

• razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm a shark too according to the op, a curious thing is that the total amount of money that I have spent in 3 years in this game doesn't get to a hundred bucks...
    A good thing to have in mind is to know how the game works, then you have to play like it demands. Money can speed things up but it's not a requirement...
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, no matter what anyone says, you will dismiss it, because you have already determined the game to be rigged against you. 

At its core, MMR places you against rosters of similar strength. So no matter the roster size or money spent, you have the same chance to earn pts as the so-called sharks.
    Usually the top 5 or 10 in my brackets are shield hoppers, the rest just break 900, which shouldn't require more than a shield ir two, ot none.

The tools and advice to get higher placement is here, if you are willing to listen
  • Mines
    Mines Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dude is a bit bent out of shape lol calm down and come back when you have cooled of a bit! I have finished first in a few pvp events and I'm only on 3* roster at the moment! Stop trying to blame the game for your lack of understanding! 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akblaze said:
    Again, shields don’t matter if there is no one to play against. And if you do get lucky and find one it’s only worth 10pts or less.....Do you realize how many shields it would take?

Shields do matter if you want to reach top scores. The higher your score, the more players can see you and hit you. Once you have passed your floating Point (depends from player to player, you need to experiment a bit and see where you start losing Points faster than you can gain them back) you need to shield hop if you want to reach better scores. Put up a shield, look for targets while shielded. When you have good targets lined up, drop the shield, hit them as fast as you can, then put up Another shield. You will only be visible to others for a Little while.

The notification lag is annoying, but the score does get updated in real time, it's just the message of who hit you and for how much that gets delayed. Very rarely will Points actually get deducted after you put up the shield (it has happened to me, but only once in a blue moon).

But if you want better placement but not work more for it: Try playing a different end time. The ecology is different in the different end times, changing your habits may help you perform better. And if you want a better season placement you can skip an event or two at the beginning of the season and join a fresh season bracket later, almost all high scorers join during the first event so placement is a lot easier that way.

• Akblaze
    Options
    I think everyone is misunderstanding me. I usually finish the PvP’s top 25 or higher and yes I use shields. The bracketing I’m referring to is the season bracket. That needs fix and where I’m talking about not finishing top 100. It’s usually around 250.

The scaling or progression in the game like someone mentioned before should be be based on strength and level (hp’s) and that’s where things get weird. Once you hit a certain point or score in the game it’s like the flood gates open and everyone with players with hp at 450 and above and your highest is only 270 then that’s not the fair part.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akblaze said:
    I think everyone is misunderstanding me. I usually finish the PvP’s top 25 or higher and yes I use shields. The bracketing I’m referring to is the season bracket. That needs fix and where I’m talking about not finishing top 100. It’s usually around 250.

The scaling or progression in the game like someone mentioned before should be be based on strength and level (hp’s) and that’s where things get weird. Once you hit a certain point or score in the game it’s like the flood gates open and everyone with players with hp at 450 and above and your highest is only 270 then that’s not the fair part.
    Season bracket. Seriously, season bracket? The rewards for T100 and even T50 aren't worth caring about if your in 4* land. Yes, a heroic 10 pack vs 4-5 heroic tokens and some minor CP difference isn't zero but over 20+ day seasons it's just a rounding error.

If you *really* want to finish high in a season bracket, don't join early. I take off the first 2 PvP events and join the 3rd one late (last couple hours). I only reach  5-6K total for a season (2K simulator and 575-600 in all the remaining events) and always finish T50 and often T25. Sure, I get an extra heroic 10 pack (or 2 if I finish T25) but I give up the 20 CP and other goodies from the first 2 PvP events (it's my downtime from the PvP game that first week of a new season).

KGB