Side nodes in Boss battle

Sm0keyJ0e
Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
These side nodes are really rough. Do they go up yet again? I'm having to fight level 520+ toons and in many cases have to use a level 367 3* that does... nothing. It's basically 2 against 3. 

If they increase in strength/level much more these are going to be very difficult, especially the wave nodes.

Comments

• Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    If my memory is correct,it’s been awhile since last civil war event,those nodes will keep going up every 8 hrs.i’m only seeing level 445 enemies now.i’ll probably end up around your 520 enemies by the end of the event tomorrow.not looking forward to that at all.most high end alliances are usually done these boss events with 2 days or so left so we’re not used to seeing these crazy scaled enemies anymore.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    This current refresh 12p - 8p EST I’m at 458-465 level.  I expect to see 500+ before it’s all said and done.  Will be not so fun to use ares or 3* thanos against these.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoever came up with the idea of roster based scaling in the first place needs to get his head examined.
    Kill it with fire.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Yep, a side node of 2 waves of lvl 344 enemies for just short of 4k points, or a lvl 250 boss for nearly 14k points. Cant i just do the boss node, pretty pretty please?
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, this ramped up in difficulty WAY too fast.  My relaxed alliance usually doesn’t play too much on the final day of boss events due to sub difficulty.  Seems like we’ll be dropping off on this one 2 days before the end.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Civil War last ran 2-2017 and scaling is the same as it was then.  It's a smoother curve than the typical boss event but has a higher upper limit
  • VizMantis
    fmftint said:
    Civil War last ran 2-2017 and scaling is the same as it was then.  It's a smoother curve than the typical boss event but has a higher upper limit
    I don’t remember it being so tough.  But I guess if the scaling is roster based, the difference, for me at least, is I didn’t have champed 5*s last run.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    shouldn't the difficulty be based off of the round you're in rather than the duration of the event?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Whoever came up with the idea of roster based scaling in the first place needs to get his head examined.
    Kill it with fire.
    No joke. Scaling is tied to roster yet everyone gets the same rewards. So my 1-2* baby account is getting MEHulk and Sentry covers when I have to scrape together enough hp just to buy roster spots to finish rostering my 2s. No, Sentry, you're not getting on that roster anytime soon. I would rather see newer rosters get more 2* covers. They need to do a serious rework of alliance events and the reward structure for them.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    jredd said:
    shouldn't the difficulty be based off of the round you're in rather than the duration of the event?
    I agree. This would be much better. It's insane that a side node is 6 lvl 300+ while the boss is 1 lvl 250. 
    And as i have noticed, if you fail to beat the side node, the boss node doesn't unlock. So i have to either beat this crazy side node or wait a long time.
    Is this the same in all boss events? I cant remember.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Interestingly, hobofist and the vulture are making the side nodes a joke for me.  Helps that they happen to be my highest 4* champs and that they have the great synergy.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whats really strange is that all the recent boss events had scaling go up every 8 hours but no where near this much. Saturday noon scaling for me is 300. In the recently run Galactus boss event my Sunday night scaling was only 300. By Sunday night it's going to be 350+ so something's different in the scaling on this event vs all the other boss events.

That's nuts given I have exactly 1 character boosted to 350+ (HoboFist). Wave nodes are all but impossible now unless I get a lot of luck with cascades filling my AP for stuns.

They should change side nodes to be like the boss node where a retreat = partial points and counts as 'complete'.

KGB
  • VizMantis
    edited February 2018
    Interestingly, hobofist and the vulture are making the side nodes a joke for me. 
    Seemed unlikely that this team would work in my case, but I figured I’d try it on the hawkeye wave node I’m stuck on.  Sadly, no dice.  Lvl445 Phoenix, SS, BSSM ate hobofist alive in wave 1, despite their status as mediocre 5*s.

On the plus side, I just remembered I can do the other team’s wave node instead.  So at least I’m not stuck, but this is still scaled way too high for day 3 of 4!
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I hate these side nodes. Seems a bit ridiculous to me...
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh, using Gambit & Bolt, still only half paying attention while playing and clearing.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Kill it with fire.

Blows my mind that after so many boss fights and so many threads complaining, not only about the nodes increasing in difficulty every 24 hours regardless of progress, but also how hard the scaling is, that this is still a problem.

in fact, wait...weren't the last few boss fights way more lenient? I seem to remember my 4*s were going against, at worst, level 250 enemies. Now I'm chewing through 3-6 enemies with 50-70K HP and holy **** it's dull.

Only to then stomp on a level 150 Captain America with his terrifying 12k health.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, my very casual alliance was pretty much scaled out except for the best 3-4 rosters about 10 hours ago.  Considering this happens pretty much every boss event and I'm sure we're far from unique in that regard, it's amazing this hasn't been fixed.  

So far, boosted, champed Kate is still carrying me through the clears, but my highest unboosted character is only Lv283 and even the wave nodes will be well north of Lv400 next clear.  ...and all this to steamroll a Round 5 Iron Man (or Round 2 Cap if we switch teams).
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    What kind of game design makes the side nodes HARDER than the boss node?!? That's tiny kitty stupid and insane! Are you TRYING to get people to play less? Because you're succeeding. What a tiny kitty joke. 
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like they must have forgot to update the scaling caps, or the whole event in general. I just got a shield intercept from opening a token in the team iron man vault. I can’t remeber the last time that happened.