Bank of Iso

NMANOZ
NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
We should get a bank feature we can deposit up to 1 million Iso for 28 days and earn interest on it.

Non VIP get 5% interest.

VIP get 10% interest.

This Iso cannot be taken out until during the time. Imagine if you see a future cover in the daily rewards and think that you could use an Iso boost before then, so you can champ a character.

I know it is an out there idea but I think the game needs a big change this year. It would also be an incentive to get more people to spend money to become a VIP, so extra revenue.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the one hand, I'm totally down with investing ISO for an increased benefit.

On the other hand, this is already in the game, with champing characters, allowing you to take ISO (in the form of covers) and invest directly into ISO, HP, CP, Tokens, and Covers (in the form of champ rewards). It's beneficial enough that people farm characters, as even though selling a max level character gives you a little less than what is required to champ that character anew, by the time you rake in the champ rewards again, the net result is a profit.

Really the game needs to more directly incorporate farming. It's not super intuitive (you can figure it out by looking close at the numbers in the game, and verify it with numbers from the forums/wiki, but really I think most people figure out farming by hearing about it from other players), so some sort of tutorial or tooltip that pops up when you're viewing a max-level character (so the instant you apply that last cover you see the tooltip) to explain the pros and cons (and other aspects, like cycling a single character vs having a second one rostered to farm so the first is still available for matches) would be nice.

Make it less about making a new system for the entire playerbase, and more about making a system mostly used by veteran/involved players more accessible to the rest of the playerbase.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's literally no way I could do this since I'm never not pouring ISO into someone, be it a 3* dupe, a new 4* that I suddenly hit 13 covers for without noticing, or a 2* that needs a little more ISO to champ.

Maybe TC's at that wonderful stage in 3* land where covers aren't so frequent but ISO pours in faster than they can spend it. The wonderful early days of the game where you feel just so very rich and wish you could have more things to spend your ISO on.

It doesn't last.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    There's literally no way I could do this since I'm never not pouring ISO into someone, be it a 3* dupe, a new 4* that I suddenly hit 13 covers for without noticing, or a 2* that needs a little more ISO to champ.

Maybe TC's at that wonderful stage in 3* land where covers aren't so frequent but ISO pours in faster than they can spend it. The wonderful early days of the game where you feel just so very rich and wish you could have more things to spend your ISO on.

It doesn't last.
    I’m in the post-iso phase for all tiers, so it can definitely last.  I would love something that rewarded having a surplus of iso.  But as with most things, it’s such a small percentage of the player pool that is actually in this situation that it wouldn’t make sense.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards

It doesn't last.
    I mean, you could just put 100 ISO into it here and there. If it earned interest it would eventually build steam on its own.

Irrelevant since we'll never get this feature, just sayin', compound interest is a hell of a thing.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler

It doesn't last.
    I actually got 26 champed 4 stars. Plus I am only missing 5 star Archangel, got all the other characters. You also need to remember that levelling up gives Iso which could be stored.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

It doesn't last.
    I’m in the post-iso phase for all tiers, so it can definitely last.  I would love something that rewarded having a surplus of iso.  But as with most things, it’s such a small percentage of the player pool that is actually in this situation that it wouldn’t make sense.
    Yeah, there are probably dozens of us. Dozens!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    It is a good idea and it will definitely make players happy. I have about 500,000 iso8 currently and this would be good.

However, from a business point of view:

Currently, the value or price (in USD) rounded off of each iso8 tier is as follow :

1,200 = $2 
    3,200 = $5
    13,200 = $20
    37,500 = $50
    78,000 = $100 

VIP = $10 

Using the maximum of 1 million iso8 deposit as an example, it will net you extra 50,000(non-vip) or 100,000(vip) iso8 after 28 days. 

50,000 iso8 is worth about $70, while 100,000 iso8 is worth about $130. 

By attracting player to join VIP so that they could gain an extra 5% of interest, D3 would stand to gain:

$10 - 130 USD = - $120 (a negative)

If we were to use 200,000 iso8 instead,  you would gain an extra 10,000 iso (non-vip) or 20,000 iso8 (vip) after 28 days.

10,000 iso8 is worth an estimated $15, while 20,000 iso8 is worth about $30. 

In this case, D3 stand to gain either - $15 or -$20 (30-20). 

The only way this is workable is that you adjust the interest rate to a more realistic percentage, or unless D3 scrap the buying of iso8 using real currency.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    No problem if they use the current real world interest rate. I believe it's at 0,1% now. Might be even lower than that
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now imagine if the bank also gave out loans, with the debt accruing interest at a higher rate than they give for deposits.

Would you take out a loan to champ a character and you had a pending cover for?  Would you be okay with the bank repossessing your Gambit if you couldn't keep up with your repayments? :smiley:
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Sure, he can take my 3* Gambit :)
  • Mines
    Mines Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2018
    I personally would just like a way to farm ISO other than just dupe characters! Like for VIP reset the prologue quest or something so we could have an extra way to earn ISO through playing other than the pvp grind.  But as has been stated they are making a ton off of ISO so they will not be giving us anything like that any time soon if ever. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only people who have enough ISO to part with it in a bank are either people so early they don't need it yet or people who have already champed everyone and have nothing to spend ISO on.  It's an interesting idea but it doesn't make a lot of sense in the current game dynamics IMO.

Also technically if you want to bank ISO just pop on down 1st National Hoarders.  
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    we need a system for the richest players to get richer!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of some way to invest Iso, but a simple banking feature seems a little boring.  If they implemented that with the (apparently long dead) notion of sending your characters out on quests, I can see that being a fun little minigame that gives you something to do with the 95% of your roster you don't normally use.

Something like - Available missions are A, B, and C.
    A - low-risk - returns between 1.0 to 1.3x investment, depending on how your team performs
    B - Moderate risk - returns between 0.8-1.5x investment
    C - High risk - returns between 0.5 - 2x investment.

At each difficulty level, you have investment options of 1k, 10k, and 100k.

The outcome of the mission is some formula that pulls a random number to determine payout.  Your "roll" can be modified by the attributes of the characters you send.  Eg, if "Dr. Doom is terrorizing Manhattan!", you can get positive modifications by using Team FF, or New York natives like Spiderman or Daredevil.  "Dormammu is setting Europe ablaze!" - get a boost for every point of blue powers included in your team.

The bonus points adjust your number up (or in some cases down) to slide your score towards the higher payout.  The optimal setup would guarantee an adjustment that wouldn't lose iso.  You choose how long the characters will be out on the mission, with longer times (say, up to 5 days) adding better score bonus.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get the same idea for cp instead? Need that a lot more.
    or HP so I can afford rostering more dupes.
  • chitown021
    chitown021 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2018
    I'd be good with this iso interest plan. I'm currently in that 3* transitioning into 4* phase and have almost 6 million banked because it's been so long since I've champed anyone, aside from dabbling in a little 2* farming. I have about 75% of the 4* covers, but my strongest characters are Deadpool and Cloak & Dagger. Both at (8) covers (and of course each has one color maxed and that's constantly the one color the game gives me when I do get lucky enough to pull more!) 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    chitown021 said: l
    I'd be good with this iso interest plan. I'm currently in that 3* transitioning into 4* phase and have almost 6 million banked because it's been so long since I've champed anyone, aside from dabbling in a little 2* farming. I have about 75% of the 4* covers, but my strongest characters are Deadpool and Cloak & Dagger. Both at (8) covers (and of course each has one color maxed and that's constantly the one color the game gives me when I do get lucky enough to pull more!) 
    That money will disappear quickly. Something like 460k per 4star champ
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor

It doesn't last.
    I don't understand why having an excess of Iso but nothing to grow your roster with is considered rich, and fun, while have an excess of the thing people actually care about having (covers) is considered being poor, even though it means you always have a ton of options and choices to make about how to play.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    chitown021 said: l
    That money will disappear quickly. Something like 460k per 4star champ

375K ISO to champ a fourstar I Believe. Still, that means that 6 million ISO will be enough for 16 fourstar champions. That's a quarter of the current fourstar roster.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 would not make money off this cause, in the end they just give away iso.  only way they could make money is if the return was less than 1% and you would have to deposit all your iso, so that only way you can level or skip, you would have to be either very iso efficient or you u'd have to buy iso (real reason for this).