PVE start times

Options
Here on EST the only reasonable time slot is 5 PM. This is still a pain to make that slot, but it’s the only doable one. 11PM is way too late. Something in the middle like 8PM would be perfect. Let’s fill in these huge gaps to make life easier for those of us with jobs and lives. 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Preaching to the choir, been discussed to death.  You just have to accept that you're not gonna place as well as you could because of the design of the game and move on.  Hope they'll someday fix, but assume they won't.  That's the only way to stay sane playing this game in that scenario (been there for nearly 2 years)
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm about to quit entirely because this game is not designed to allow people with normal 9-to-5 type jobs to be competitive in placement for Story mode. Apparently the fact that I have a normal office job and don't want to either 1) play extensively during office hours or 2) just be screwed on placement means D3 doesn't want my business.

This (and tapping) could also be fixed easily by having story mode placement be based on speed of full clear, based solely on actual in-match play time, instead of this moronic "play 4 clears of each node as fast as possible at the very start of the 24 hours, then wait until the last possible second to play 3 more clears of each node at the very end of the rollover" nonsense.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Jwallyr said:
    I'm about to quit entirely because this game is not designed to allow people with normal 9-to-5 type jobs to be competitive in placement for Story mode. Apparently the fact that I have a normal office job and don't want to either 1) play extensively during office hours or 2) just be screwed on placement means D3 doesn't want my business.

This (and tapping) could also be fixed easily by having story mode placement be based on speed of full clear, based solely on actual in-match play time, instead of this moronic "play 4 clears of each node as fast as possible at the very start of the 24 hours, then wait until the last possible second to play 3 more clears of each node at the very end of the rollover" nonsense.
    I agree.  For me, the start times aren't really the problem.  It's how much time you have to spend playing at once.  I made a post about this a few weeks ago, suggesting to time and record each individual match, so you can play when you have time to and tapping is eliminated:  

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70098/pve-fix-suggestion-change-how-placement-is-earned#latest