Ixalan's Hidden Gems

Comments

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    I’m with you on Perilous Voyage.  We have better bounce.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    ZW2007- said:
    Perilous Voyage doesn't target so it is a way for blue to remove a hexproof creature without relying on disable effects first.
    Hmm... I actually never saw the "first creature" clause in it. That's actually quite neat! Thanks for the clarification, ZW!
  • Gilesclone
    I totally missed that.  I’ll be using that after all.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZW2007- said:
    Perilous Voyage doesn't target so it is a way for blue to remove a hexproof creature without relying on disable effects first.

Exactly, and it will destroy the creature if the opponent has 6 cards in their hand. Very good! 
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    It's not very hidden but I really like Captivating Crew! It's a must for all of my red decks as a creature right now.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    wereotter said:
    Dowsing Dagger is one I thought was good, then I played it and.... eh.... you have to have a lot of removal in order for it to be good, or be running all flying creatures. It's a nice way to gum up your opponent's board if you are using fliers, but beynond that, I found it to be frustrating the first time I tried it out to give my opponent a wall I couldn't get through since I had all land-based creatures. Might be worth testing out on creatures with afflict and trample, though. Maybe in a Samut deck.
    Try using that with steal spells and you’ll have your own wall. Couple that with something to buff that plant or give it flying and it’s going to be a pain for your opponent...

Depths of Desire let’s you bounce your own creature back to your hand!  Very handy!
    I also saw that if you opponent’s hand is full, you can still cast it on his creatures and it destroys them instead. So it can be bounce and/or destroy.

Edit: quoted wrong text originally, now fixed. Quote was intended for Depths of Desire.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    settle the wreckage seems interesting especially with it able to handle 3 creatures in one turn if they attack nice for a side board at least to hanlde deploy the gate watch or a kiora cascade deck
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Those who have seen my decks know I like discard. A lot . Heartless pillage makes me very happy. Just splattin hands and getting a lil kick back. There are a few other randoms I'm testing, but pillage is a winner .
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those who have seen my decks know I like discard. A lot . Heartless pillage makes me very happy. Just splattin hands and getting a lil kick back. There are a few other randoms I'm testing, but pillage is a winner .
    "lil kick back", very cunningly disguised there...

• morgue427
    saw and got that also sure i can make him work in my bolas deck but having to much fun running him with imminent doom right now. I have had rounds i give 40 points to the ai before my creatures attack, hard to argue with that.
  • Bullvinne
    Bullvinne Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I think Raider's Wake is going to be fun in a Bolas deck with Lost Legacy and Hazoret's Undying Fury....
  • Gilesclone
    Arg!  Raider’s Wake is the only uncommon I don’t have!
  • morgue427
    infinite obliteration, lost legacy, baral, plus the  other mythic from origins the discards your and his hand, and a few other discards from the last sets, perhaps fevered dreams to help him draw more and hurt him plus have more you can make him discard? ;-) wont be standard though
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Or just in an OB deck to be sure oponent always draws something at the begining of his turn and to enhance the power of lost legacy ... 11 damage instead of 8 per card isnt worse.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @morgue427 Day's Undoing (from Origins) does not "discard" your cards. It "moves" your cards. I think it might be the only one that does that.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    @morgue427 Day's Undoing (from Origins) does not "discard" your cards. It "moves" your cards. I think it might be the only one that does that.
    to be honest I wish it discarded.....

The whole hand in deck shuffle thing has no funtion in PQ
  • morgue427
    oh well good thing i didnt try it that would have been depressing, stick with imminent doom then lol and keep looking for something for a nasty treat for the ai

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    to be honest I wish it discarded.....

The whole hand in deck shuffle thing has no funtion in PQ
    Except that it does. This card intentionally doesn't trigger anything in graveyards. That was irrelevant in Origins, but makes a difference if you're forcing your opponent to shuffle their Grind//Dust into their library rather than discarding it where they can just exile your creatures.

Though at this point the card should be updated to more closely reflect it's paper counterpart and also shuffle your graveyards in. Get rid of those embalm/eternalize/aftermath cards.
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Search for Azcanta works well with Reason to Believe.