2.4 Release Notes (2/14/18)

2»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes.
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Thank you!!! I got one Mythic and one rare I can can use now and am happy!
  • Iworb
    Iworb Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    Rates are weird =( In 3 elite boosters I've got 0 MR and 2 rares (+1 dupe!).
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    While there is still a lot to consider and balance, and a lot of formulations to be fixed, here is a list of went wells for which I want to praise the development team:
    - Taking some of the feedback into account and attempting to do last minute adjustments on SOME cards' costs. To be fair, Gishath going down from 30 to 26 is not that big of a difference but some other reduction costs are showing signs of improvement. So I appreciate the effort and we hope this is going to be a continuous effort! (and by that I don't mean nerfing everything prior to IXN, but in fact aligning IXN with the current meta).
    - Showing the number of times a creature has been reinforced was a much-needed feature and I am glad to see the team has thought of this when designing the vampires tribal. This is an excellent feature that I think could have been captured in the release notes (if it was, it was not visible enough for me to notice it). Well done!
    - The new animation and actual functioning of Raid is super neat! The execution is much better than I anticipated, informative and visually appealing. Of course there is still the "forever Raided" bug here, but I am sure this will be handled as well.
    - The flipped supports are not bad per se and show again a clean execution and nice visual aid. Somehow they are a bit underwhelming in situations such as heavy reinforcement on such a support prior to flipping not being taken into account, but that's a fine line and decision to take so I will take this as "open to adjustments". 
    - Revealing drop rates is something that had been requested in this game for ages. This is a huge improvement and proof of transparency from Octagon's side and I am very happy we finally get official numbers in this direction. I am curious whether those percentages represent a uniform distribution (rolls from an opened x-pack are completely independent from rolls from another x-pack), and perhaps we can get this question answered. But very well done, thank you!
    - The reduced cost of the new daily event is great! The objectives put me off a bit (I haven't yet started playing the first node but finishing in 10 turns while losing 5 or more creatures is indeed a bit of a gamble) but it's a nice balancing touch and offering some diversity to the players. 

With this being said, there are also points of improvement I want to mention:
    - The reduced costs for other sets while getting the costs up for the current set was quite a shady move. You knew people would spend, and took advantage of that. Especially with all the scandal in the air, it would've been appreciated if at least the new set cost the same as regular (300 instead of 320 crystals).
    - Booster crafting was not updated with the release of the new set. I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but it's something people are highly expecting.
    - I am not a fan of the new "big elite booster" covering all cards from Ixalan rather than targeted specific cards. While I understand some people will disagree with me on this, the more granular approach benefited players on being able to target a group of cards more specifically if they really wanted "that one masterpiece or mythic".

All in all it's a positive release, looking forward to seeing how things continue to evolve in this game.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    And also they forgot to mention (if not, forgive me) that IA now knows how to match 5 very well.
  • Llorence
    Llorence Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    well, the percents are bugged on the card packs, sad
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    The Booster Crafting thing was announced when Booster Crafting was introduced, we just forgot about it because it's been so long ago. Which thing? Well, the newest set isn't craftable for a month but dupes from the set give more orbs until then.