Did you stop to read the story?

2»

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    No. Can't slow down and risk placement.
    I read the story when I finished the final play of each node as quickly as i could, but first go through I skipped like most events due to speed/placement concerns.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor needs to go to 50% and he wants you to read the story to do it.
    - Start node with Thor.
    - Read story
    - Retreat match.
    Thor down 10%, story read. Repeat for all nodes.
    Thor ready to go and you know the story :)
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Yes. I play the game for the story.
    I always like seeing new content in-game, so I always read the story when a new event comes out.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes. I play the game for the story.
    I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more story in this new event.

Maybe they did it this way based on metrics showing that most people skip through story segments.  But that could easily be explained by how often stories are repeated in the game: I'd skip less if there was more new story.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Thinking back, I think there were a total of 4 nodes with story scenes, through the whole event.  The first one, and the three final nodes of each sub, two of which were only half scenes, after the node was over.

I'm not sure to what extent this actually qualifies as a story mode anymore.  The story summary we got in the announcement of the event is not much less detailed.  For example, in the final sub, Ultron was "the bad guy" and he didn't even get a line.  The *only* exchange in the whole sub happened between Fury and BP, congratulating each other on Ultron's takedown.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I tried to read the story, but the skipping of story scenes has become so automatic I have had to replay more than a few missions to be able to read it. I think I have still not seen the end of the story in Fight for Wakanda even though I have played the final node 4 times now. Must remind myself to not skip so much when playing the final 2 times.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thinking back, I think there were a total of 4 nodes with story scenes, through the whole event.  The first one, and the three final nodes of each sub, two of which were only half scenes, after the node was over.

I'm not sure to what extent this actually qualifies as a story mode anymore.  The story summary we got in the announcement of the event is not much less detailed.  For example, in the final sub, Ultron was "the bad guy" and he didn't even get a line.  The *only* exchange in the whole sub happened between Fury and BP, congratulating each other on Ultron's takedown.
    6, actually. One for each Loaner node, and one for each "final" node. Ultron did have dialogue in the Loaner node that unlocked the third sub. I think in the unlock for the second sub, too.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    The story screens are a nuisance and an irritant, we should have an option to disable them 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    My new missions start at 10pm I haven't got time to read the story.  ;)
    Actually needed a 3rd option. Taking it leisurely and just going for all progression rewards.
    Not interested in placement on this one.