D3 - Please delay the new season & take time to implement changes that are long overdue.

2»

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pve tapping bad, but pvp collusion and co-originated cheating is fine. One is apparently killing the game but the other is fine?

Or is it one you can easily partake in but the other takes so much time you can’t easily do it, so it’s a cancer for the game?

Fair play to tappers, it doesn’t take anymore awards from me than people colluding in a player vs player event.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Tony Foot said:
    Pve tapping bad, but pvp collusion and co-originated cheating is fine. One is apparently killing the game but the other is fine?

Or is it one you can easily partake in but the other takes so much time you can’t easily do it, so it’s a cancer for the game?

Fair play to tappers, it doesn’t take anymore awards from me than people colluding in a player vs player event.
    Some serious sour grapes there.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    In what way? I can do it but I find it so boring and completely against what pvp should be about. So I climb to 900 at the end and shield out. Every one in my alliance tells me I should hop to 1200 but I find it against the spirit of the game. So instead I’m swimming in HP.  :D

So so I don’t see how tapping is against the spirit of the game as it was intended but collusion is fine. You are free to do it but I’d also like that locked down.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    They can develop away while seasons run. Not like they code on the same instance that we play on.

Yes, it is pretty ho hum for the old timers.

4* PvPs running alongside the 3* events, with different entry requirements and reward schemes, would be a great bone to throw at vets. Has to make financial sense for D3/Demi tho. Paygate the events? Would richer rewards result in hotter competition, selling more heals, boosts, and shields?  Maybe. More richer get richer, sure, but that's the nature of the beast.

As for replacing the 3* pvps, no. That would stiff the majority of the playerbase.
    What I think would be really interesting is to have it vary by SCL.  So SCL 1-3 have a PvP system that requires a 2* character.  SCL 4-6 have the 3* PvP we have today.  SCL 7-9 have 4* PvP.  SCL 10 when it launches have 5* required PvP.  That would be a pretty big technical change though so it might not happen.

What I don't want to have is 4* and 3* PvP running concurrently such that if you're not hitting 1200 in 2 concurrent PvP events you're falling behind.  That would be a nightmare.  At the very least entering 4* should lock out out of the 3* or vice versa.
    i like this idea!!  forced to use 3*s is so lame in 5*land.  feels like 2 vs 2 instead of 3v3 a lot pf times
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot said:
    In what way? I can do it but I find it so boring and completely against what pvp should be about. So I climb to 900 at the end and shield out. Every one in my alliance tells me I should hop to 1200 but I find it against the spirit of the game. So instead I’m swimming in HP.  :D

So so I don’t see how tapping is against the spirit of the game as it was intended but collusion is fine. You are free to do it but I’d also like that locked down.

In the right slice, it's not at all difficult to get to 1200 without any sort of coordination. You might need to shield a few times to get there, but finding decent targets isn't that difficult.

That said, I have no real issue with tapping. Can't be bothered to do it myself, but if people want the top rewards badly enough to sink that much time into the game I am happy to let them have them. I play in a way I enjoy and am usually content with the rewards I get.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    ursopro said:
    broll said:

That gif always gets me
    Only good thing about the Toby Spider-man movies was that casting.  Perfectly embodied the character.  I would love to see him reprise the role if MCU Spider-man ever works at the Bugle (or in the Venom movie, but the former would better).
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot said:

If you are climbing to 900 and shielding out then the PvP colluders aren't taking awards from you either - you'd never get them anyway.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I didn't read all the comments but one thing I don't understand and will never understand is everybody wanting PVE to switch to only progression based.  There's plenty of people who only play for progression (the progression rewards are pretty solid IMO) why would you take away placement rewards for those who go above and beyond? There's nothing stopping anyone from only playing once they reach progression, you can have that system yourself any time you want PLUS you get your minor bonus of placement rewards anyways.
  • broll
    Huntah86 said:
    I didn't read all the comments but one thing I don't understand and will never understand is everybody wanting PVE to switch to only progression based.  There's plenty of people who only play for progression (the progression rewards are pretty solid IMO) why would you take away placement rewards for those who go above and beyond? There's nothing stopping anyone from only playing once they reach progression, you can have that system yourself any time you want PLUS you get your minor bonus of placement rewards anyways.
    I can't speak for everyone but here are my reasons:
    1.  PvE placement is very unbalanced.  Either you can play in one of the 5 times the game lets you win or you can't.  If you can't too bad for you the windows are always the same and you'll never win.  The system should all people and equal shot at placement or none at all.  PvP has the same problem, but there are several ways around it, most notably shields, PvE as nothing, you'll lose and like it people on East Coast USA with regular jobs who go to sleep before 11pm..
    2.  Trying to place in both PvE and PvP is an unhealthy amount of play.  People love to point to tapping as the it's unhealthy it should go away, but playing a mobile game for 60 minutes up to 2.5 hours (depending on your roster level, SCL, & skill level) everyday and at a time the game dictates is certainly not healthy either.  If the it was progression only yes you might spend the same amount of time but could do it in shorter increments at your convenience (something PvP also offers to some degree, certainly more than PvE).

I'd honestly rather placement be fixed to be fair than removed, but after ringing that bell for 2 years I have no faith it's ever gonna happen.  The fact that they improved PvP just to take it immediately away again also takes any faith in their ability to fix the problem away...
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    To all who want progression based PvE you get a preview every run of SHIELD Training. That is very close to what it will look like with nodes gated to specific high levels. You'll not only need the essential but also the right level of essential.

I suspect that progression based PvE is the same as wins-based PvP; sounds great in theory until it gets implemented and those who are left out find it not to be the right solution after all.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Huntah86 said:
    1.  PvE placement is very unbalanced.  Either you can play in one of the 5 times the game lets you win or you can't.  If you can't too bad for you the windows are always the same and you'll never win.  The system should all people and equal shot at placement or none at all.  PvP has the same problem, but there are several ways around it, most notably shields, PvE as nothing, you'll lose and like it people on East Coast USA with regular jobs who go to sleep before 11pm..
    2.  Trying to place in both PvE and PvP is an unhealthy amount of play.  People love to point to tapping as the it's unhealthy it should go away, but playing a mobile game for 60 minutes up to 2.5 hours (depending on your roster level, SCL, & skill level) everyday and at a time the game dictates is certainly not healthy either.  If the it was progression only yes you might spend the same amount of time but could do it in shorter increments at your convenience (something PvP also offers to some degree, certainly more than PvE).

I'd honestly rather placement be fixed to be fair than removed, but after ringing that bell for 2 years I have no faith it's ever gonna happen.  The fact that they improved PvP just to take it immediately away again also takes any faith in their ability to fix the problem away...
    But his point still stands.  You can still play for max-progression.  All you are doing is asking for LESS rewards in the game by removing them from placement.  Not a good look.
  • broll
    edited February 2018
    broll said:
    Huntah86 said:

But his point still stands.  You can still play for max-progression.  All you are doing is asking for LESS rewards in the game by removing them from placement.  Not a good look.
    No, what I'm really asking for is for them to fix their broken imbalanced content.  If the only way they can make it fair is to take away the progression rewards I'd rather have that then keep getting tinykitty as rewards when I work just as hard at the T10 players.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    Only good thing about the Toby Spider-man movies was that casting.  Perfectly embodied the character.  I would love to see him reprise the role if MCU Spider-man ever works at the Bugle (or in the Venom movie, but the former would better).
    pffft, so far Spider-Man 2 is still the best Spidey flick ever.