Dear D3, Please stop repeating the same mistakes over and over and over....(SHIELD Training)

PenniesForEveryone
PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Edit:  Kraven is in these packs now when you hit the recruit button.  It would have been better if he was there when this event went live, but props to D3 for not COMPLETELY screwing this one up.

Seriously, this is just ridiculous.....

Don't have Kraven covered well enough to complete shield training?  No worries, just tap this "Recruit Heroes" button and press your luck.....

Interested in knowing what your odds of getting Kraven are?  Just hit that little blue question mark and see what characters are in the store.....

As you can see your odds are roughly 0.0

Do better.
Tagged:

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    He'll be in tokens in 3 hours.  chill.  
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    please don't chill when discussing shield training .
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if he is in tokens in 3 hours it's still tinykitty.

Now whether it's a mistake or not from their side depends on if they are making more money off people chasing new releases or not with it.  Only they would know that since they don't share metrics.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I don't have any problem with this. New toons are rolled in with the daily data push every off-season like this. I guess they could have waited and started Shield Training tomorrow? But that probably messes up other schedules.

It's literally like a 4-5 hour difference on a 7-day event.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    It's not that he is unavailable that is the problem.  It's that they are advertising you can recruit him with that store when you cannot.  It's super shady.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    It's a small mistake, but he should absolutely go live with the event. CP doesn't grow on trees, so a 3 hour mistake on their part plus a completely natural expectation on the player part represents days/weeks/months? of play that could potentially go down the drain if somebody jumps the gun. Hold the event, or advance the character release would be ideal I think.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    IMHO, it is not a small mistake.  The problem is that you actually CANNOT recruit him.  You can TRY to recruit him but you cannot actually recruit him.  Big difference, IMHO.  I love this game but it is so frustrating sometimes.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    It opens the publisher up to financial losses when players take advantage of the situation by reporting the seemingly false advertising after making purchases and requesting refunds from their respective app stores as a result.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    "Pay up loser"

-sincerely.
    the Dev Team
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the inconvenience. In the future, we will make sure that the three supporting characters in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training will be in packs when the event starts.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    So, i won't be able to play a bunch of the shield training nodes during breakfast, because it won't go live until packs update 4ish hours later.  that's not better....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the inconvenience. In the future, we will make sure that the three supporting characters in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training will be in packs when the event starts.
    "As an apology we will be sending out 100 HP and a token for the Panther and friends vault, who contains a Kraven cover."

This is how 90% of F2P companies would have closed that statement.
    Here, an apology will have to do.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:
    "As an apology we will be sending out 100 HP and a token for the Panther and friends vault, who contains a Kraven cover."

If he'd actually posted that people would have complained anyways. The forums always get bent out of shape when the devs respond to an issue by throwing some HP and/or tokens at us as compensation, acting like it's some pity compensation in hopes people will stop complaining.

Practical experience with this group would say to drop an apology and not bother with in-game compensation.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odds at covering him are terrible anyways, too much dilution with so many 4s, and he just plain stinks.

I'm over ever trying to complete shield training. Even if I could get him to 209, it wouldn't be worth the iso for what amounts to a heroic token and a single 4 star (albeit new release).

Devs can Penny pinch those two things all they want, but they ain't gonna see a dime from me just for the 100th newest four that I won't be using anyway.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:

If he'd actually posted that people would have complained anyways. The forums always get bent out of shape when the devs respond to an issue by throwing some HP and/or tokens at us as compensation, acting like it's some pity compensation in hopes people will stop complaining.

Practical experience with this group would say to drop an apology and not bother with in-game compensation.
    That's not entirely true, on the rare occasions that they have given compensation, there is way more gratitude than salt in the thread.  I believe they were generous after strange sights, and the thread was full of people thanking them, and i dont recall one person complaining.

I was hoping it would be a trend for the future
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if I could recruit Kraven, I don't want him! Covering and leveling him is not worth 1 BP cover. I tried covering Nico and America cause they were good, he is awful. 
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    There is an echo in here I think. I believe we had this statement after the last two SHIELD Training fiascos.

Does make the town crier's job easier, find apology-copy-paste-wait until next SHIELD Training-repeat
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    There is an echo in here I think. I believe we had this statement after the last two SHIELD Training fiascos.

Does make the town crier's job easier, find apology-copy-paste-wait until next SHIELD Training-repeat
    Of course, the easy fix is to stop featuring the absolute most recent 4*.  That solves literally all the issues.

But I should go buy a Powerball ticket, because it's way more likely I'll  win the lottery than they will stop requiring the latest 4*.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby said:

Of course, the easy fix is to stop featuring the absolute most recent 4*.  That solves literally all the issues.

But I should go buy a Powerball ticket, because it's way more likely I'll  win the lottery than they will stop requiring the latest 4*.
    They don't even need to eliminate him. The average decent player in a good alliance can get 5-7 covers before ST and maybe pull a cover or two after entering the pool.

Just lower the character level to 150-175 and give people a reasonable chance to finish it. As it stands, the 111 to 209 jump is Ludacris especially if you also need to dump iso into the other 2 four stars.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby said:

They don't even need to eliminate him. The average decent player in a good alliance can get 5-7 covers before ST and maybe pull a cover or two after entering the pool.

Just lower the character level to 150-175 and give people a reasonable chance to finish it. As it stands, the 111 to 209 jump is Ludacris especially if you also need to dump iso into the other 2 four stars.
    I would agree with this.  So far my last runs of SHIELD training the max i could get my penultimate release was about L152 and so I missed out on both the 209 required for that character and the team 209.  Even if I could get them to 209 the ISO cost ramps up round that point to the point where it's often not worth pumping in more ISO just to get a smaller amount of ISO in return (even with a guaranteed 4* cover for the new release and 1 CP).