Frustration

Options
MissoesRicRose
MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
Everyone is already tired of so many repeated characters. Why do you keep doing this? If you want to promote the movie. Why not enjoy the 2 existing Black Panther?

There are numerous comments also on social networks where players make the same complaints. Especially when they make repeated characters. So why continue to add such characters, while there are several others that could be added?

Comments

• MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Tell us what you think
  • DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well this is easy: Because Iron Man sells a lot more products than Wiccan or M.O.D.O.K. or Koi Boi.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Marvel mandated movie tie-in. If you want to complain about duplicate characters there are plenty of opportunities but MCU movie tie-ins isn't the right one as its do this or else.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aren't we done with the argument about variants? We have 150+ characters and 5*s now come with a 3* copy. Plus we just had a flood of new characters with the return of the Xmen, relative unknowns like Chavez, and a classic character in Kraven. MCU tie ins haven't been all copies either, we got Lockjaw, Yondu and Nico
    I might have preferred a new character also from the movie, which hopefully still happens, but I will gladly take BP in the 4* tier. 

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used to be bother by the release cycle, but with the improvement to the game it's possible to keep up with (though I'm sure monumentally overwhelming for new players).

As for variants they don't bother me all that much.  I'm only bother in cases where there are multiple of the same (or very similar) versions of a character in the same tier.  2 4* Venom's (with different human hosts) and 2 5* Spiderman's with different suits.  I don't want to see that trend continue where we end up with 3 5* Iron Mans or something silly.., but I don't mine one in each tier, if anything I like the symmetry especially when champ rewards are lined up.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like a 4* Daredevil please (Black Suit) and a Yellow-Suit 2* as well.

Please and thank you!
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Or maybe each character can have 2-3 different outfits that we can pick from and we can avoid having rosters with hundreds of characters that most of us never even play with.
  • broll
    Options
    Or maybe each character can have 2-3 different outfits that we can pick from and we can avoid having rosters with hundreds of characters that most of us never even play with.
    I've often thought how different the game would be if instead of going down the hundreds of characters and many dups route they focused on paid cosmetic costume swaps and while there was only 1 IM you could buy up to 10 different costumes to apply to him, maybe even some applied different abilities.  However, it's far to late down the Pay to Win route and far to diluted already to do that kind of a 180.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well this is easy: Because Iron Man sells a lot more products than Wiccan or M.O.D.O.K. or Koi Boi.
    My wife would totally buy a Stark to try to get Koi Boi.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I did see Koi Boi was in the latest Marvel Lego game .... that my son plays, of course
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Obvious answer is probably because it was the easiest to do a variant and meet the contract for marvel's movie cross promotions. After all, it's simply a re-skin and maybe some new animation for the abilities. A new character would require more work. Though they could have went with his brother for a similar re-skin
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Then I leave a question. Instead of making one more B.Panther, would not it have been better to put Sabretooth in the game?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Then I leave a question. Instead of making one more B.Panther, would not it have been better to put Sabretooth in the game?
    Is Sabretooth in the Black Panther movie?

Besides, this Black Panther is purple! Soooooo purple!!! He is more purple than Prince R.I.P.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Marvel wants a brand new Black Panther in the game to promote their new Movie.

Thus, Marvel gets a brand new Black Panther in the game to promote the new Movie. It's pretty simple.

Let us for a moment imagine the devs saying "We don't want Another Black Panther in the game, we want to do a Sabretooth!". The response from Marvel might then be "OK, we are revoking the licence to use our characters in your game. Good luck making a game without them."

• MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Thus, Marvel gets a brand new Black Panther in the game to promote the new Movie. It's pretty simple.

Let us for a moment imagine the devs saying "We don't want Another Black Panther in the game, we want to do a Sabretooth!". The response from Marvel might then be "OK, we are revoking the licence to use our characters in your game. Good luck making a game without them."

I think they could promote through B.Panther 5 that is already available.

Are we conditioned to characters that only appear in movies. Then we are ruined. It will be very difficult to see: Mysterio; Cable; Omega Red
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Why did not they put Electro in the game? Since he appeared in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"
  • broll
    Options
    Why did not they put Electro in the game? Since he appeared in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"
    Because Marvel didn't make money off that movie.  That was before the deal between Sony and Marvel.  At that time Sony owned movie rights to all Spider-Man characters (well they still do but now they have an agreement with Marvel to share the rights in some way).
  • Caprila
    Caprila Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Obvious answer is probably because it was the easiest to do a variant and meet the contract for marvel's movie cross promotions. After all, it's simply a re-skin and maybe some new animation for the abilities. A new character would require more work. Though they could have went with his brother for a similar re-skin
    It's not a reskin. Looks like he has totally new art and animation for each ability
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Are we conditioned to characters that only appear in movies. Then we are ruined. It will be very difficult to see: Mysterio; Cable; Omega Red
    Apparently new character releases are the only thing that gets people playing more, so that is what is being used for promotions.
    We might get a Cable later this year when Deadpool 2 opens though.
  • MissoesRicRose
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

Apparently new character releases are the only thing that gets people playing more, so that is what is being used for promotions.
    We might get a Cable later this year when Deadpool 2 opens though.
    So, this only confirms that we are conditioned to the movies.
    While getting Cable, it will be a good one. But you'll probably want to push another copy of Deadpool (damn it).

Will they someday remember: Namor; Bishop; Taskmaster ???