How will the new deck slot pricing impact your deck slot buying habits?

Options
ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
edited February 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
With the announced price reductions, what are you planning to do around deck slots?

How will the new deck slot pricing impact your deck slot buying habits? 70 votes

Nothing, Never bought any before, won't buy them now.
37%
EldrosKandarTherosadman149ParasithspeakupaskanswerknifelheimStormcrowHoudinTomBTHEMAGICkMANwereotterTilwin90FurksDropspotMatthewTheDragonHermitDBJonesBrakkisHypnoticSpecterQuiksilverHg 26 votes
Nothing, I already have all the deck slots.
8%
span_argomanMainloop25DragonSorcererFeralSkaldFindingHeart8Sirchombli 6 votes
I'm going to buy more with Runes, but not Crystals
27%
bk1234madwren__AdamkhurramCorn_NoodleswatmanEmanon2000UweTellkampftheyrejustelvesElfNeedsFoodtimthesThuranFroggyDutchrudderILikePancakesEnygma6asm0deusBilKronul 19 votes
I'm going to buy more with Crystals, but not Runes
2%
Gilesclonenaphomci 2 votes
Oh yeah! I'm going to Valuetown! All in!
7%
GrizzoMtGPQThéséeManiiNamesIM_CARLOSjoerginger 5 votes
Neutral Option
17%
andrewvanmarleCiotogMachineStormbringer0MartinWaschecht_Daromax_AmadeusNinjaELaeuftbeidirKinesiaFirinmahlazer 12 votes

Comments

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you haven't read the blog entry yet, the new prices are 20k runes and 150 crystals from 45k / 200
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Neutral Option
    I went neutral because... Over Christmas when I had excess gold for once I actually bought a few... If the gold price were lower I'd be tempted more. I actually need Runes more than crystals right now...
    But... I'm really on the fence, I could be pushed into buying some more, but it'd need to be an alignment of things, feeling the need _and_ having the currency on hand at that exact moment.
    It needs to be cheap enough to do it as an impulse buy and neither is really at that point right now, but they are _closish_.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm going to buy more with Crystals, but not Runes
    20k runes is still pretty high with 3 new PWs on the way. I’ll probably keep slowly adding crystal slots.  I have 4 or 5 now and I want to get at least 5 or 6 more.
  • Marvaddin
    Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Will the requirement of level 60 for allowing runes be removed? If it is, I should buy some slots. I don't imagine myself using crystals to do it for next months.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's still quite expensive... Again, the prebuilt decks must be something you should be able to modify when you unlock them, as it's been said, who would use a begginer deck once you hit platinum? wouldnt use them even in gold...
    I will still list my decks in a text file and change them deppending on the event to meet the requirements. There is no point on spending ANY currency on this. 
  • EldrosKandar
    EldrosKandar Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As it stands now, I'm still not looking into buying the slots. Crystals and Runes are more valuable elsewhere at the time.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neutral Option
    I chos neutral: i bought some decks slots with gold, but never with runes yet. I may choose to buy one here and there with runes, but i won't'go all out, it's'still too expensive for me.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neutral Option
    I voted neutral. I bought some deck slots in the past, but only for the PWs that I use a lot in different events. I will do it again if I really need it so in that view the cheaper prices are a plus. I mainly used mana crystals, because I have enough of those and after booster crafting hit the scene I also bought one or maybe two slots with the runes I got from the dupe conversion.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    10,000-15,000 Runes
    50 Crystals

That'd be my sweet spot. Expensive enough that you'd have to work for it, but also not insanely overpriced. Even at this new price point though, I won't be buying any. My resources are too valuable to spend them on convenience.
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll eventually use runes to buy slots. Still have leveling to do.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If I could get a return on all the extra crystals I spent for deck slots, that'd be greaaaaat.  Probably could afford an extra super pack or two with the new difference.

https78mediatumblrcom61ecbeed4a6f8d44c57312ea53beb7cdtumblr_o2nyguAULf1rcc40go1_500jpg

• Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Extra slots should be there by default, its not something that you have to pay for. If you have a decent smartphone, screenshot your decks and save them in folders. Each folder would have an event name. This is a 10 cards game and assembling a deck takes only seconds.
    Buying extra slots is only  helpful in games with 30+ cards in which case it is time consuming to assemble a deck.

The new prices are still too high. Leveling PWs would still be a priority for many
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh yeah! I'm going to Valuetown! All in!
    I am at 560k Runes and 11k crystals. I will buy more and more slots with runes and maybe complete every pw. 
    crystals only for the pw I have more than two deck options.
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Neutral Option
    I'm neutral. I bought a few recently. When you can win every game with just a couple of rares [edit - and low level planeswalkers], there's no point spending resources on cards [or levelling planeswalkers].
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought every deck slot I could with runes after maxing out Bolas since there wasn't going to be anything that i would ever need more runes for. I'm back to over 500k runes.

I have also spent crystals for slots on all the pw's I use frequently. If it were an option I'd buy 3 more slots with runes/crystals for my Kiora. It's that worth it to me. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I bought every deck slot I could with runes after maxing out Bolas since there wasn't going to be anything that i would ever need more runes for. I'm back to over 500k runes.

I have also spent crystals for slots on all the pw's I use frequently. If it were an option I'd buy 3 more slots with runes/crystals for my Kiora. It's that worth it to me. 
    you have over 500,000 runes? O.o
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    506890, to be exact. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    506890, to be exact. 
    that...is more than I have.