Fun Combined Arms Teams?

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Coulson / 3Cap / 2Magneto. Shields everywhere!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been running X23/Hood/OBW. Sure, I need to collect a lot of green to down my opponent, but with that level of AP theft you're not downing X-23. Even Grocket teams can't put a lasting dent in her health.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I like running G4mora/3torm/Bull2eye in there. All that tile spam, with bullseye targeting purple makes Deadliest Woman pretty reliable, plus boosted, G4mora hits very hard anyway.

My Lockjaw isn't quite to champion yet, but I'd like to swap out G4mora with him just for the novelty of the 100% match damage reduction with all those tiles on the board once I get him there.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like running G4mora/3torm/Bull2eye in there. All that tile spam, with bullseye targeting purple makes Deadliest Woman pretty reliable, plus boosted, G4mora hits very hard anyway.

If you replace 3torm with KK you can use her purple to eliminate purple to set off deadliest
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    My KK isn't back up to champ yet, but that's a great alternative. I do find novelty in watching all those attack tiles calculating and slamming into the enemy team just the same though lol.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has me thinking what would be the most terrible Combined Arms team that you could try and win with?

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    4Wasp/3Falcon/2Bullseye

Once you have enough purple to cast Falcon's defense tiles and then flip them with Wasp's yellow, the match is over. While you're getting your purple and yellow, Bullseye is spamming defense tiles and Falcon is buffing them so you're not taking any damage.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Carol, Loki, Hawkeye - Tons of free countdowns. Could replace with 2* Daken or Wolverine for a cheap strike
    Carol, Hawkguy, Magneto- Good synergy between 2 and 3* here
    Cyke, Quicksilver, Magneto- Mags purple really shines here. 

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can’t believe the classic Bullseye/Falcon/Wasp team from Behemoth Burrito didn’t get any love in here.
    That was what I ran. Falcon/Wasp has been a favorite combo of mine since back when I only had like 4 covers for Wasp. I was thinking about America/Hood/OBW, but I lost track of the time and had to rush to 575 really late, so I went with what I know.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    This has me thinking what would be the most terrible Combined Arms team that you could try and win with?

That's an interesting question.  Maybe 4*FalCap/Vision/2*Cap?  No black, green or purple abilities; no acceleration; Only one high-damage ability and it's conditional on the number of yellow tiles; Falcon's blue works against Vision's blue/yellow countdowns (blue is already bad here, as he won't tank much until FalCap dies).  It may even be worse on defense, as the AI will just spam Vision for no particular benefit.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    4* = Nico
    3* = Daken
    2* = Bullseye

Starts slow, but if you prioritize Purple and Green to get Protect and Strike tiles out, it gets moving fast. Usually by the end of the match I am doing 5K plus match damage.

Also, with Nico and Daken both having true heal, I have used very few health packs.

Only downside is when I go against C4rol teams, my Blue gives her Black, but if I'm smart about it, I will have enough Blue to stun her when she throws out her black tile. Gives one extra stun turn, and removes the CD, even if Fortified.

-Croak.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Couldn't find any fun combination. Just got battered by other players on a more than regular basis.
    Got the 10cp and bailed out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    DAZ0273 said:

Kraven/Deadpool/Moonstone was a pretty dismal team the other week in story mode.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* = Nico
    3* = Daken
    2* = Bullseye

Starts slow, but if you prioritize Purple and Green to get Protect and Strike tiles out, it gets moving fast. Usually by the end of the match I am doing 5K plus match damage.

Also, with Nico and Daken both having true heal, I have used very few health packs.

Only downside is when I go against C4rol teams, my Blue gives her Black, but if I'm smart about it, I will have enough Blue to stun her when she throws out her black tile. Gives one extra stun turn, and removes the CD, even if Fortified.

-Croak.
    I want to reiterate the power of 3* Storm over Daken to pair with Nico.  For your 2* you could use Daken, Bullseye or Wolverine depending on if you want strikes or protects.  But it really doesn't matter because 9 black means game over with every single attack tile getting buffed each turn.  I wish I paid attention to how much she was buffing each turn, but matches did not last more than a few turns once the Hailstorm came.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooh, just realized that I should have used Howard/Squirrel Girl/Bagman at least once. Hopefully I remember that one next time CA rolls around :smiley:
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Can’t believe the classic Bullseye/Falcon/Wasp team from Behemoth Burrito didn’t get any love in here.
    That was what I ran. Falcon/Wasp has been a favorite combo of mine since back when I only had like 4 covers for Wasp. I was thinking about America/Hood/OBW, but I lost track of the time and had to rush to 575 really late, so I went with what I know.
    Me too - once the shields are flipped, its about 8000 match damage per turn
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    4 Dino / 3 Iron Man / 2 Magneto bc max champed Dino is a troll with 100+ k health and one shots most opponents with his red
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    2Mag/Prof X/Switch - Another version of ‘Winfinite’ 'Charlie’s Angels' but with less offensive power, but can be faster with Mag cheaper purple compare with GSBW.

Riri/3Cyclops/2Mag - I like how 2Mag generate red and blue AP for Riri and this is a rainbow team too.

4GRocket/3Gamora/2OBW - An idea from my Alliiance's group and it can hit hard fast with 3Gamora's cheap red and also double dip on OBW's passive.

4Gamora/3Spiderman/2Bulleye - Spiderman and Bulleye generate purple protect and increase the chances that  Deadliest Woman going off (need to set both protect tile creating passive power at 5).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Me too - once the shields are flipped, its about 8000 match damage per turn
    Saved me many a time in PvP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    i mentioned it in his thread, but I'm looking forward to running Bl4ck P4nther/Magn3to/bull2eye next time around. I might consider swapping out Falcon with his passive yellow and blue and active purple, not sure who is the better choice there.