Space Gem Season Updates (2/6/18)

Options

Comments

• Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And still no mention of if/when 5* Ghost Rider enters into LL!  I don't want to assume, because we all know what happens when we do that, but shouldn't it be with the new season????
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Disappointed to not see more changes, but delighted to see a new PVE event, at least. 

If they planned to do no updates this season, they should maybe have done more in the last season. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kevin61 said:
    And still no mention of if/when 5* Ghost Rider enters into LL!  I don't want to assume, because we all know what happens when we do that, but shouldn't it be with the new season????

No, fivestars follow their own Schedule. They enter Latest Legends two weeks after their special token store Closes. In the case of Ghost Rider, that should be early next week.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    I’m bummed that since it first game out we’ve had what two of the System Reboot events which I found very enjoyable. However instead we are getting tons of the SHEILD Training events that are just terrible. 

@Brigby can you speak to if the System Reboots are still going to be a thing or did that get dropped?
    I'm probably with you on liking System Reboot more than the Training. It's not a blatant paywall at the very least. 

But they're strictly run in the context of characters that have received updates, aren't they? No new updates would mean no new Reboot, I would think. 

Now, if we were getting character updates but no Reboot, then I might be concerned. 
    Well, we _didn't_ get a System Reboot event with the last character update (3* and 5* Gambits).  Although I'll grant that they'd probably want to change the format a bit rather than give out free 5* Gambit covers.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that as I was typing. The format seems to be set up for two characters being rebalanced at a time. They certainly weren't gonna give away a free 5* Gambit cover, and I guess didn't want to run a Reboot for just the 3* version. Hence, no Reboot that season they were rebalanced. Makes sense to me, anyways. 
    I had been thinking that they would do System Reboot with a Mon Amis token (like the first part of Honor Among Thieves did for Star-Lord) when/if 5* Gambit gets changed again. But good point about not doing that the first time around.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    I’m bummed that since it first game out we’ve had what two of the System Reboot events which I found very enjoyable. However instead we are getting tons of the SHEILD Training events that are just terrible. 

@Brigby can you speak to if the System Reboots are still going to be a thing or did that get dropped?
    I'm probably with you on liking System Reboot more than the Training. It's not a blatant paywall at the very least. 

But they're strictly run in the context of characters that have received updates, aren't they? No new updates would mean no new Reboot, I would think. 

Now, if we were getting character updates but no Reboot, then I might be concerned. 
    Well, we _didn't_ get a System Reboot event with the last character update (3* and 5* Gambits).  Although I'll grant that they'd probably want to change the format a bit rather than give out free 5* Gambit covers.
    And nobody wanted free 3* Gambit covers any more... :neutral:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:

It's funny because it's true. But like most 3*s for me at this point, it's another champ level, so I wouldn't turn it down. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do we know who 4* Panther is pushing out of Latest when he hits tokens?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No one until next season when he enters. When he does it should be Gamora.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gamora?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Cool, I've been able to get her to champion, so that's good. I was worried it would be Mockingbird, who for some reason I just have not been acquiring at a very high rate compared to many of the others.
  • broll
    Options
    Cool, I've been able to get her to champion, so that's good. I was worried it would be Mockingbird, who for some reason I just have not been acquiring at a very high rate compared to many of the others.
    You still have a few seasons to get Mockingbird most likely. The order they will drop out:

Gamora Awesome Mix Volume 2
    Sandman Flint Marko
    Vulture Adrian Toomes
    Mockingbird Bobbie Morse
    Yondu Awesome Mix Volume 2
    Lockjaw Royal Bulldog
    Rogue Classic
    Nightcrawler Classic
    The Hulk The Main Event
    Nico Minoru Runaways
    America Chavez Young Avengers
    Kraven The Hunter Sergei Kravinoff
    Black Panther King of Wakanda

Most likely Gamora and Sandman will drop out next season.
    Followed by Vulture only the following.
    Then either Mockingbird alone or Mockingbird and Yondu depending on 4* releases. 

So yeah you've got about 3 months.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:

I put Gambit as my 3* bonus hero after he was reworked. I rostered copies with five covers in one color, then sold them for 500 HP a pop. It was ISO-positive too.

But once the increased sale price ended I had no particular need for his covers.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It will indeed be G4mora who gets bumped next. And if I'm not mistaken, Sandman and Vulture will get booted before Mockingbird does. 

However, with P4nther releasing basically as soon as this season starts, it's likely that we'll have another 4* released during the season as well. Which means next season it will probably be G4mora and Sandman who rotate out and P4nther and the next 4* who rotate it. 

And if this is the case, it will be interesting to see how they handle SHIELD Training for the 4* after P4nther. They admitted the last time they had Training for a character when the newest 4* not yet in tokens was an oversight (Nico's Training when MEHulk was required but not yet in tokens).

So if they're intent to do Training for the 4* after P4nther, I wonder if they'll just pick three Classic characters, rather than require a P4nther who won't be in tokens by that point?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I figured Sandman was coming up, because for some reason RNG likes to start throwing covers for whoever is about to leave latest at me right as they're leaving latest and I've gotten a few lately. I have him at 5/4/2, so I'm pretty confident I'll get him to 13 covers by the time he leaves. Mockingbird is 3/1/5 for me, so she's probably going to get there in time as well i guess.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like the best news of the day is that Sandman is almost out of Latest status.  Well, at least will only be in for another month.

I also wonder how they will deal with the next Shield Training.  The Nico one was particularly unpopular.  Whales hated it (well, some did, at least) when they couldn't cover MEH other than through the vault.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like another PvP season in the toilet for those of us who aren't lucky enough to have a champed Gambit.
  • broll
    Options
    Looks like another PvP season in the toilet for those of us who aren't lucky enough to have a champed Gambit.
    They've all been in the toilet since they threw the baby out with the bath water when they tossed wins based.  I have Gambit champed and it's still not great.  It's definitely worse with the Gambit problem if you're in the 5* tier though.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MEHulk has been that way for me. I've only been able to get six covers for him since his release. Meanwhile my America is already champed with a handful of champ levels for her.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I decided to focus on Nico, so she was my only bonus hero until i started getting Nightcrawler and Sandman 6th covers this week and felt compelled to save them (currently sitting at 10 covers and 11 covers respectively, so doable). I got Nico up to 3/2/4; my chavez and MEHulk are 1/2/4 and 2/1/4 which is more than I "felt" like I had, but not close to champ yet.