Space Gem Season Updates (2/6/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

For the new season that's starting on February 8th, the Legendary packs will be updated:
  • Kraven the Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff) will become a Latest 4-Star
  • Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) will become a Vintage 4-Star

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's it? 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Devs are very ambitious these last few seasons...
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Too busy counting all that Digital Day money to make any improvements.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Disappointing but not surprising.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too busy counting all that Digital Day money to make any improvements.
    That was my joke for last season.  Funny it’s still applicable.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m bummed that since it first game out we’ve had what two of the System Reboot events which I found very enjoyable. However instead we are getting tons of the SHEILD Training events that are just terrible. 

@Brigby can you speak to if the System Reboots are still going to be a thing or did that get dropped?
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can we stop calling these "updates" and start calling them something that better describes what they are if there aren't any actual character updates? Maybe token changes or something?
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. As zodiac339 mentioned, the team has in fact been rather busy working on Black Panther (King of Wakanda) and Fight for Wakanda, which I personally speculate is a reason why this season doesn't have any character rebalances.

Rest assured that the team is aware of the community's desire to see more rebalances, and I'm sure it's something they're factoring into prioritization and scheduling of future development efforts. Thank you for understanding.
    That’s good to hear but tbh I’m more excited about seeing new events.  The less I have to see dark avengers the better.
  • dave7099
    dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    20% of the 4* roster is useless, but whatever
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. As zodiac339 mentioned, the team has in fact been rather busy working on Black Panther (King of Wakanda) and Fight for Wakanda, which I personally speculate is a reason why this season doesn't have any character rebalances.

Rest assured that the team is aware of the community's desire to see more rebalances, and I'm sure it's something they're factoring into prioritization and scheduling of future development efforts. Thank you for understanding.
    Also known as "Gambit is still in Latest Legends for a portion of this season, you guys, so obviously we aren't going to rebalance any characters yet."***  And it's too bad announcing a new 5* feeder is such a labor-intensive process.  Oh well.  

***Also known as "we are still too close to the refund window for Digital-Day purchases should we alter characters that were directly tied to, and enticed, such purchases."
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we stop calling these "updates" and start calling them something that better describes what they are if there aren't any actual character updates? Maybe token changes or something?
    They're called "Season Updates." Updates that happen at the start of a new season. The name doesn't need to change, because it is exactly what it says on the tin. It never promises character updates, so it isn't a misleading name or a name that poorly describes what's happening if there are no character updates. They also change things other than tokens and characters from time to time (like when they added SCL 9 to PVP and added rank mins/maxes to the different SCLs)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    T-REZ5000 said:
    Brigby said:

That’s good to hear but tbh I’m more excited about seeing new events.  The less I have to see dark avengers the better.
    Eh, heh, heh. Wakanda under attack by HAMMER and Ultron. So, more Dark Avengers. Plus Ultron Sentries!... Darn. We’ll see how it plays on Thursday.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    I’m bummed that since it first game out we’ve had what two of the System Reboot events which I found very enjoyable. However instead we are getting tons of the SHEILD Training events that are just terrible. 

@Brigby can you speak to if the System Reboots are still going to be a thing or did that get dropped?
    I'm probably with you on liking System Reboot more than the Training. It's not a blatant paywall at the very least. 

But they're strictly run in the context of characters that have received updates, aren't they? No new updates would mean no new Reboot, I would think. 

Now, if we were getting character updates but no Reboot, then I might be concerned. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But it is telling you what will change when the new season starts.  Sometimes that will include character rebalances.  In this case, it is just a new character entering tokens, and an old character's token odds being reduced.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:

I'm probably with you on liking System Reboot more than the Training. It's not a blatant paywall at the very least. 

But they're strictly run in the context of characters that have received updates, aren't they? No new updates would mean no new Reboot, I would think. 

Now, if we were getting character updates but no Reboot, then I might be concerned. 
    Well, we _didn't_ get a System Reboot event with the last character update (3* and 5* Gambits).  Although I'll grant that they'd probably want to change the format a bit rather than give out free 5* Gambit covers.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:

Well, we _didn't_ get a System Reboot event with the last character update (3* and 5* Gambits).  Although I'll grant that they'd probably want to change the format a bit rather than give out free 5* Gambit covers.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that as I was typing. The format seems to be set up for two characters being rebalanced at a time. They certainly weren't gonna give away a free 5* Gambit cover, and I guess didn't want to run a Reboot for just the 3* version. Hence, no Reboot that season they were rebalanced. Makes sense to me, anyways. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:

I agree. I’m just frustrated by that contrast and wanted to voice it / ask about it