D3 - Please stop launching so many heroes

Options
Hello D3. Your game is really great. Aside some useless grinding that could be diminuished without losing any game economy balance and some unusual meta unbalance like the controverse 5* gambit, I only see one MAJOR problem in the game at a long run:

- Why launch so many 4 and 5* characters at a pace where loyal and long time players will have less and less opportunity to champion and have fun playing with them?

Please reduce a bit the new heroes release. Let the new and old players enjoy the heroes they like most with a good balance instead of hurting the game with powercreep.

Many players enjoy the collectible part of the game and this is slowly being lost with an incredible pace moving towards 100 4* heroes... it wont be long untill we get there  :(   unfortunately

Thank you

Comments

• First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Thay are not going to stop adding more heroes as long as it keeps making money for them
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think people have a problem collecting them-- with current game mechanics, assuming you're playing somewhat regularly, it's quite easy to champ 4s well within the timeframe they're in latest.  5s are a different story altogether as their acquisition mechanic seems designed to get people to spend as much as money as possible (unlike with 4s where it seems aimed at getting people to play as much as possible).  That said my personal gripe isn't that they release too many characters per se, it's that all the energy invested in new characters seems to take away from their capacity to design new and interesting stories and play mechanics.  I've only been at this for a year and I can't even count how many times I've had to fight the Dark Avengers in the same old stories.  If they want to keep releasing characters at the rate they are that's fine...but it shouldn't come a the cost of keeping the game fresh and fun. 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please D3 stop doing what you have been doing successfully for the past 3 years to make money because I don't want to spend any to keep up. 
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Meh, the release of the 4* schedule has been fine. 5* is a bit much, but as a 4* player, it might be more on that I'm no hoarding LTs. I have all the 5* rostered, just none champed.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    .  I've only been at this for a year and I can't even count how many times I've had to fight the Dark Avengers in the same old stories.  If they want to keep releasing characters at the rate they are that's fine...but it shouldn't come a the cost of keeping the game fresh and fun. 
    Posting this literally as we are getting a new event :/
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That said it wouldn’t be the worst thing if we got some new non-player adversaries to challenge us.

Some new mini bosses like Gorgon would be a nice change of pace. Also don’t think we have had a new goon/minion/monster since 2016 with the Mindless Ones?

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,575 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

That said it wouldn’t be the worst thing if we got some new non-player adversaries to challenge us.

Some new mini bosses like Gorgon would be a nice change of pace. Also don’t think we have had a new goon/minion/monster since 2016 with the Mindless Ones?

I think it's high time we get some Hydra or AIM goons, unless they're tied up in contracts with Sony/Fox.

I could definitely see Hydra agents that keep respawning until you kill their leader.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I think it's high time we get some Hydra or AIM goons, unless they're tied up in contracts with Sony/Fox.

I could definitely see Hydra agents that keep respawning until you kill their leader.

Maybe we could get some Adaptoid AIM robots who have a countdown tile that when expires mimicks a random power from the players team. Then there could be a Super Adaptoid mini boss who is able to mimick 3 random powers.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Considering that both Hydra and AIM have a presence in the MCU (First two Captain America Movies and Iron Man 3), it is highly unlikely their rights are unavailable.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Alfje17 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Considering that both Hydra and AIM have a presence in the MCU (First two Captain America Movies and Iron Man 3), it is highly unlikely their rights are unavailable.
    MCU definitely has Hydra rights.  The Deadpool movie couldn't call Hydra Bob by name because Marvel has the rights and not Fox.

Even if they didn't those rights issues are generally just around the movies.  Marvel could put them in the game even if they didn't have the rights as evidence by Deadpool and other X-Men being put in the game while Fox owned the movie rights to those characters.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know, right?  Every team up the ai uses is either fastball special or gamma siphon.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They definitely need to add new goons, characters, and new stories to PVE. I'm so tired of the Dark Avengers with their ridiculously inflated boosted health. They could of added Sentinel goons, AIM goons, or Hydra goons. That would at least make the events feel fresh. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:
    Alfje17 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

MCU definitely has Hydra rights.  The Deadpool movie couldn't call Hydra Bob by name because Marvel has the rights and not Fox.

Even if they didn't those rights issues are generally just around the movies.  Marvel could put them in the game even if they didn't have the rights as evidence by Deadpool and other X-Men being put in the game while Fox owned the movie rights to those characters.
    Exactly. We could have Skrulls, Shi'ar, Atlanteans, Morlocks or even Moleoids if Marvel felt like it and D3/Demi wanted the licence. But until there is a way to have "synergy" with whatever projects Marvel has coming out, we probably won't.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want to see an xmen event with sentinels and master mold
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    evade420 said:
    I would love to see a Sentinal in the game, ideally as a playable character. Maybe they could have like a goon version and then the playable one could be the one from that Sentinal comic that the kid reprogrammed. Kind of like Doom and the Doombots are now. 

• DAZ0273
    Options
    evade420 said:
    I would love to see a Sentinal in the game, ideally as a playable character. Maybe they could have like a goon version and then the playable one could be the one from that Sentinal comic that the kid reprogrammed. Kind of like Doom and the Doombots are now. 

Or Nimrod? Throw in Ahab and we could have Hounds as well - Days of Future Past story event!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great place to roll in that Kitty Pryde everybody seems to want while you're at it
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pretty sure Kitty is coming out here very soon.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D3 is launching more heroes to make Archangel better. Colossus, Nova, Gwenpool, Vulture.. so many launches.