Character Effects

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always off, I like reducing the amount of time in game
    Always off, but neither option really applies to me. I am just too lazy to turn them on again...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    I turned them off for a few days but didn't like it as it was confusing and dull so have had them back on since.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I turn them on and off depending how I'm playing at the moment.
    I still keep them on for most of the time, because I enjoy the animations and think it's an important aspect of the game, turning them off only when I am really tired - but even when I'm tired, it's always on during DDQ, because I just can't miss one of my favorites ones: Windstorm! Oh, and, I'm not a competitive player too.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I turn them on just to see new character animations and then back off
    I keep them turned off, apart from looking at new character release animations.

I found out that most animations play in my head anyway :)
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I thought I would do 'turn them on and off depending how I'm playing at the moment.' But realized, I'm playing only with them off. Ruin a bit the game, that's true for me. But as I usually play casual in time limited frame, I have better result without animations.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I had gotten tired of a majority of the animations, so I turned them off.

I'd be interested in seeing the new animations, but I didn't want to have to think about turning them on and off so I left them off.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    I enjoyed the animations, they just dragged out matches too much and I have limited playtime per day.  I think the optimal solution would be to normalize animations so they’re all about the same length and then give us an animation speed multiplier (Off, 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x).  Obviously that’d be way more work, so not holding my breath on that, but it’s be nice. :P