Need some advise on a team

Options
BigND2k14
BigND2k14 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
Hi everyone.
I am new player. I have just a couple of 2* champed and the rest of 2* 10-12 covered. Also i managed to champ 3* dr. strange and get 3* thanos up to 9 covers. The question is who would be the best third character to team up with thanos and dr. strange and why?
Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options

Your team will depend on your playing style, but here are a few suggestions:

Daken or Wolverine for their healing factors as Thanos will damage your team quite a bit.

Storm's Blue is one of the most powerful 2* abilities, but she can't take much damage.

Thor might be a good choice so his Yellow power can create Green for him or Thanos.

• BigND2k14
    Options
    Thanks guys, your help is greately appritiated!
    Another question thou, should i make Iron man a bonus char asap or champ thanos instead which is 2/5/2 at the moment? I kinda like my thanos to have just 3 in purple.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40 should be a priority no matter what. He is best friend to any red/blue/green user and his yellow will not interfere with Strange's passive. BONUS HERO HIM!!!!!!!!

Captain Marvel might fit as she has red/black/yellow powers and is quite sturdy for a 2*.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Model 40 is a great suggestion in regards to who you'll find yourself leaning on moving forward, unfortunately he's no longer fed by 2* Hawkeye's champ rewards. Hawkeye now gives Hawk3y3 though, who has a true-heal on black which is a color that Thano3 is passive on, and he has a more useful purple than either Thanos or Strang3 in my opinion. 

If you're planning to keep all your 2*s and farm them from the get-go, I would encourage you to make sure that you have all the farm-fed 3*s on roster sooner than later.

I would also suggest Rocket & Groot as a potential 3rd, since they also have a true heal on yellow that generates a lot of board shake by destroying team up tiles, and if you want to pair them with 2* Ms Marvel outside of your thanos/strange team, you can feed that off of her active yellow which creates a bunch of team up tiles. 
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    You might not want to use Thanos for a while because of damage to teammates until you get some high health 3 stars, of have no problem getting health packs.  I agree with the above posts regarding IM40.  He's a must have 3*.  My favorite 2*s to use are Human Torch, Ms Marvel, and Ares. Human torch is good damage over time with green and black and his red is somewhat self generating. Ms marvel does good team damage and can destroy shields. Ares is a good overall damage dealer with high health. Daken is also good with any Green power user. And Storm has awesome blue with a green that makes ap, but she's very vulnerable with low health.    
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I always tried to swing for the fences on my 2* teams and built them around Hawkeye, Magneto, and Ms Marvel to do what I could to generate match 5s. It's pretty cool when you end up with every purple on the board being one of hawkweye's Speed Shot tiles, though nothing is quite so underwhelming as watching 6 of those countdown between waves doing 0 damage lol
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    2* Storm and Doc Strange may be a little squishy even with Thanos and their blue powers duplicate to an extent (apart from Storm having an aoe). Magneto might work to generate blue for Doc's stun though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Does Thor have the highest 2* Health?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Does Thor have the highest 2* Health?
    I thought maybe Moonstone? Could be wrong.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I know for a long time before I was farming, I kept a 2* Thor around to solo the 2* wave node in DDQ, and he could do it by himself
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Well Thor can accelerate himself via red through yellow then green, so I guess I could see how he might be able handle things solo.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I feel like Thor's green is "better" than thanos's since it isn't tied to an unshielded countdown. A general Thanos-ing strategy if you're trying to conserve health is to figure out how much damage your'e doing off of Court Death, and then try to soften up everyone such that it will only fire off one time/match rather than focusing fire on whoever is weakest first.

I also find that using Strang3, I tend to take out the active character and leave the goons, even though they typically have less health. I'll do that because they're generally just dropping countdown tiles you can manage that will trigger Flames of the Faltine every turn, so you'll be able to deal damage faster, longer, than if you have to wait on an "active" character to do a special that is probably going to do some damage to you.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would also suggest Rocket & Groot as a potential 3rd, since they also have a true heal on yellow that generates a lot of board shake by destroying team up tiles, and if you want to pair them with 2* Ms Marvel outside of your thanos/strange team, you can feed that off of her active yellow which creates a bunch of team up tiles. 
    R&G were a major staple of my time in 3* land. Their yellow saved me so many Health Packs over that time. Particularly in situations like farming lightning rounds or clearing easy nodes, where you're doing a bunch of fights that each only last a couple of turns, I found that they healed better than Daken or Patch.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Listen to the people telling you to champ IM40. It's quite simple: he is the single most important 3-star. He will be a consistent supporter until you move into 5-star territory.

Thanos will speed you up, but only to the point that he drains all his teammate's health, so work on some true healers to pair with him: Wolverine (Patch) & Daken. That's not the best team for active powers, but they get the job done.

Speaking of Patch, there isn't a better 3-star goon-busting team than Dr. Strange + IM40 + Patch. Having those three champed and on your roster will alow you to punch waaay above your level against PvE goons.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    R&G were a major staple of my time in 3* land. Their yellow saved me so many Health Packs over that time. Particularly in situations like farming lightning rounds or clearing easy nodes, where you're doing a bunch of fights that each only last a couple of turns, I found that they healed better than Daken or Patch.
    Geez, the amount of times I got R&G to within one more hit to put them down only for them to heal!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I feel like Thor's green is "better" than thanos's since it isn't tied to an unshielded countdown. A general Thanos-ing strategy if you're trying to conserve health is to figure out how much damage your'e doing off of Court Death, and then try to soften up everyone such that it will only fire off one time/match rather than focusing fire on whoever is weakest first.

I also find that using Strang3, I tend to take out the active character and leave the goons, even though they typically have less health. I'll do that because they're generally just dropping countdown tiles you can manage that will trigger Flames of the Faltine every turn, so you'll be able to deal damage faster, longer, than if you have to wait on an "active" character to do a special that is probably going to do some damage to you.
    Thor's green does have advantages but I think Thanos green might do more damage overall as Thor's is front loaded damage wise. Probably the best character to run with Thanos in 3* land is Kamala Khan.
  • BigND2k14
    Options
    Ok, guys, thanks again.
    I got your point. I probably gonna champ Thanos first because he alredy has just 4 covers to go. And at my stage of the game it's almost everytime 'kill one, the rest dies along' with Thanos in pve. After that i will try to champ the rest of my 2* setting IM40 as bonus. Anyways i need to get and spend about 700k iso for champing 10 2*. The process will take at least a couple of months.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I will again recommend that you are better off getting those 2*s to champ prior to worrying about 3*s, because the champ rewards off the backs of them are going to be a huge resource accelerator. It won't feel like it for a week or two, but once you can just start dropping those covers on for bonus rewards, it'll pay for itself very quickly.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There are 2 teams that I remember using all the time when I was in 3* tier. I suggest you aim for these 6 characters 

Team 1
    Iron man 40, captain America, kamala kahn

Team 2
    Luke cage, iron fist, scarlet witch

I would focus on team 1 first since its an ironman 40 based team.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was never a huge fan of Thanos, mainly because I value my health packs more than fast battles, so I would bonus and champ IM40 immediately. But for you I would champ your Thanos, keep an eye on your Iron Man and when he's ready to champ get him champed ASAP because you will never be at a point where it's difficult to get 2* covers but having IM40 champed will completely change your game. Just promise me one thing. When you champ IM40 don't be one of those weirdos that has him at 5/5/3. His yellow is probably the best power in 3* land and easily one of the best in the game.