MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2018 Edition *Updated (2/26/18)

Comments

• Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Well with Black Panther opening worldwide it's definitely wakanda-related. Strange was a pve when it's movie broke, but wasnt apocalypse an alliance event?...sooo it can go either way, I'm hoping for a pve since the alliance events of late seem a bit lacking in rewards compared to pve.lets just hope it's not another event like the all boss event (can't remember the name-- my brain squeegeed that out of memory)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Magere said:
    Well with Black Panther opening worldwide it's definitely wakanda-related. Strange was a pve when it's movie broke, but wasnt apocalypse an alliance event?...sooo it can go either way, I'm hoping for a pve since the alliance events of late seem a bit lacking in rewards compared to pve.lets just hope it's not another event like the all boss event (can't remember the name-- my brain squeegeed that out of memory)
    The sinister 6 boss waves? Didnt mind those with the enemy ap reset between waves. Boss rewards could indeed be better, but still wouldnt mind them a little more often for variety to pve..

btw, shouldnt we have a different picture to the teaser with under 4 days to go? Not that it really matters, but as i said, i like variety.. :-)

oh wait, you meant the horrible boss rush event.. the horror, the horror
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    So one of the alliance members pointed out the words “Black Panther” subtly mixed into the glyphs on today’s teaser image. And while this does indeed confirm 6* Dazzler, I still think the event might possibly have something to do with Wakanda.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    If you look very closely at the event picture the text between the black and yellow lines looks like it says Dazzler
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would have been a great time to troll people with a secret message like "Gambit's getting nerfed" or "Buy more health packs."
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Anybody know what color 3* Gamora is going to come out of DDQ tomorrow? I have 7 on the vine for my 5/2/5 and would really love a red one.

*edit* lol, never mind. I got a red bonus from an elite literally as i was typing that. #ProblemSolved
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anybody know what color 3* Gamora is going to come out of DDQ tomorrow? I have 7 on the vine for my 5/2/5 and would really love a red one.

*edit* lol, never mind. I got a red bonus from an elite literally as i was typing that. #ProblemSolved

FWIW for future reference, the DDQ first does all the top colors, then all the middle colors, then all the bottom colors. We just started the bottom color rotation so the Gamora cover will be black. So good thing you got that bonus!
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Ezrius said:
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Brigby Balance of Power 4* progression reward should be Wasp (think it's copy past from the previous). 
    I double-checked with the developers, and that indeed was a copy and paste error. I've updated it to reflect that the progression reward should be Waspbroll said:
    Great news for me.  Looks like I'll be championing my 14th 4-star soon enough (though technically I have 3 at 13 covers that I just rank lower and don't ahve the ISO for).
    Out of curiosity, who are the max/covered 4s?
    Riri, Mordo, and Agent Venom.  Riri is good, but with Carol and Medusa already championed, Wasp probably takes higher priority.  That and I just have zero personal attachment to the character.  I believe my full roster is still linked in my sig and kept reasonably up-to-date (within a week or two).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ezrius said:
    Ezrius said:
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Brigby Balance of Power 4* progression reward should be Wasp (think it's copy past from the previous). 
    I double-checked with the developers, and that indeed was a copy and paste error. I've updated it to reflect that the progression reward should be Waspbroll said:
    Great news for me.  Looks like I'll be championing my 14th 4-star soon enough (though technically I have 3 at 13 covers that I just rank lower and don't ahve the ISO for).
    Riri, Mordo, and Agent Venom.  Riri is good, but with Carol and Medusa already championed, Wasp probably takes higher priority.  That and I just have zero personal attachment to the character.  I believe my full roster is still linked in my sig and kept reasonably up-to-date (within a week or two).
    Riri is a god. I adore Wasp but I would take Riri over her. Also, since you have Rocket and Groot and Star Lord champed I would change your Medusa to 5/5/3 to really take advantage of the passive damage. And with Riri champed (4/5/4) she could do some serious damage herself with Grocket's strikes out there.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ezrius said:
    Ezrius said:
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    I think Riri is a top 10 character, has one of the best (non-stun) Blue powers in the tier, has three great powers, and is super fun. I think in a vacuum she’s better than Wasp for sure but yes Wasp/Carol/Medusa have awesome synergy. If there are no covers on the vine you could always wait for a 14th cover to dictate who to champ as all of your options are really great! I don’t see signatures on my phone unfortunately so don’t know what the rest of your roster is like. 
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    Ezrius said:
    Ezrius said:
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Riri is a god. I adore Wasp but I would take Riri over her. Also, since you have Rocket and Groot and Star Lord champed I would change your Medusa to 5/5/3 to really take advantage of the passive damage. And with Riri champed (4/5/4) she could do some serious damage herself with Grocket's strikes out there.
    Medusa is a character I change a lot.  She was probably at 5/3/5 for a recent PvE with an annoying amount of Attack tiles spread around.  I agree that 5/5/3 is often more useful.

I'll reconsider Riri, but getting the ISO necessary now that I'm beginning to champion 4-Stars has proven to be quite a task.  When I first covered her, she hadn't been reworked yet and I'm not her biggest fan (honestly I'm an X-Men fan first and a Marvel fan second).  I do suppose that because of that, I never took a much closer look after she was adjusted, though.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Ezrius said:
    shardwick said:
    Ezrius said:
    Ezrius said:
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Medusa is a character I change a lot.  She was probably at 5/3/5 for a recent PvE with an annoying amount of Attack tiles spread around.  I agree that 5/5/3 is often more useful.

I'll reconsider Riri, but getting the ISO necessary now that I'm beginning to champion 4-Stars has proven to be quite a task.  When I first covered her, she hadn't been reworked yet and I'm not her biggest fan (honestly I'm an X-Men fan first and a Marvel fan second).  I do suppose that because of that, I never took a much closer look after she was adjusted, though.
    I had a healthy resentment against Riri at the start as well. Even after her quick fix, eventhough she seemed great, but simply didnt like the fake version of a favourite character. But soon after i champed her and used her boosted, i was sold... She is awesome. Even more when transitioning to 4* land, cause since she is truly a fake IronMan, she can be fueled by im40!!

Move her to the front of the line, you wont regret it!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(2/05/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    @Brigby
    When can we expect details about ??? (Event and character)?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    @Brigby
    When can we expect details about ??? (Event and character)?
    Tomorrow when the Marvel.com article is posted, most likely.
  • Daredevil217
    Upeated my list featured SHIELD Training Characters.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70293/list-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-training-essentials#latest

My guess is Jean/Mr. F will be next. 

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somewhere in a thread, I guessed that one of the next Classic characters required for SHIELD Training would be either Flaptain or Brock Venom, as they were two of the 4*s considered bottom tier on my roster who weren't leveled or champed at the time. Good thing I've since champed Flaptain. I think this will be the second time I won't need to stick ISO into either Classic required character. Too bad my Kraven only has three covers and is unlikely to get seven more.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Somewhere in a thread, I guessed that one of the next Classic characters required for SHIELD Training would be either Flaptain or Brock Venom, as they were two of the 4*s considered bottom tier on my roster who weren't leveled or champed at the time. Good thing I've since champed Flaptain. I think this will be the second time I won't need to stick ISO into either Classic required character. Too bad my Kraven only has three covers and is unlikely to get seven more.
    Yeah I find that interesting also. Falcap is one of my very few remaining unchanged. Oh well. At this point I’ve pretty much given up on liking the shield training events anyway...
  • Daredevil217
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Yeah I find that interesting also. Falcap is one of my very few remaining unchanged. Oh well. At this point I’ve pretty much given up on liking the shield training events anyway...
    In my thread I show the loose pattern is not that they’re picking the “worst”. They are clearly picking the oldest (14 of the 15 oldest have been featured). They have choosen some pretty good 4s (Star-Lord, Cyclops, Hulkbuster, Thor, Deadpool, Carnage, Etc). But reality is that most the oldest are also some of the worst, so you are getting a lot of clunkers. I said Mr. F should be up soon but we are about to hit the releases of Iceman, Jean, Red Hulk, X-23, so lots of great characters should be featured sooner rather than later!

I’ve grown to like the SHIELD events.  If I’m nowhere near 10 covers for a character I’ll usually skip most of it but if I have the covers it gives me a reason to dump iso into bad characters. 

After getting T10 in PVE I won 2 IW covers and with another coming in progression felt it was finally time to champ. With her already at 209 from SHIELD it felt nice having less to go. After champing I rode her and Vulture to a T3 finish in TAT.

Currently, I’m trying to get the Iso to champ a 4 from scratch. I’ll be pulling for three Kravens (7 covers) but might make Chavez (10 covers) my bonus. Would like to use that iso to bring Kraven from 70-209 and America from 209-Champ. Also will be hoping for Thor covers, as he’s the last 5 I’ll be chasing for awhile (No rider or Angel).
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    In my thread I show the loose pattern is not that they’re picking the “worst”. They are clearly picking the oldest (14 of the 15 oldest have been featured). They have choosen some pretty good 4s (Star-Lord, Cyclops, Hulkbuster, Thor, Deadpool, Carnage, Etc). But reality is that most the oldest are also some of the worst, so you are getting a lot of clunkers. I said Mr. F should be up soon but we are about to hit the releases of Iceman, Jean, Red Hulk, X-23, so lots of great characters should be featured sooner rather than later!

I’ve grown to like the SHIELD events.  If I’m nowhere near 10 covers for a character I’ll usually skip most of it but if I have the covers it gives me a reason to dump iso into bad characters. 

After getting T10 in PVE I won 2 IW covers and with another coming in progression felt it was finally time to champ. With her already at 209 from SHIELD it felt nice having less to go. After champing I rode her and Vulture to a T3 finish in TAT.

Currently, I’m trying to get the Iso to champ a 4 from scratch. I’ll be pulling for three Kravens (7 covers) but might make Chavez (10 covers) my bonus. Would like to use that iso to bring Kraven from 70-209 and America from 209-Champ. Also will be hoping for Thor covers, as he’s the last 5 I’ll be chasing for awhile (No rider or Angel).
    I had made my initial guess somewhat jokingly, as since the inception of SHIELD Training, there has only been one run where I haven't had to pump ISO into at least one of the Classic characters (Nico's training, where Hulkbuster and Fury were already champed).

Just a bit of exasperation, as it felt like they were looking at my roster and saying, "Oh, that one isn't champed or leveled yet. Pick that one."

What you've said about them tending to pick the oldest ones, who also coincidentally happen to be more bottom tier, is very logical. However, I still won't be surprised if they pick Brock Venom the next time it runs. I am planning on leveling him ahead of his Crash though, so hopefully won't be an issue. Based on your list, I'll probably have to keep an eye on Chulk, Miles, and Quake as well. Besides Venom,  those are my lowest-leveled Classics that will require the most ISO to get to at least 209.

Like you, I will be champing Sue soon, and it does hurt a little less that she's already at Level 209, thanks to SHIELD Training. But I still don't care much for the requirement of the newest character needing to be at 10 covers. That's only happened for me twice so far, and it still strikes me as a pretty blatant paywall for the vast majority of players.