MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2018 Edition *Updated (2/26/18)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Thanks for the heads up! Balance of Power now awards Captain Marvel (Modern) as the 3-Star Placement Reward
    Does that mean we're skipping the She-Hulk PvP entirely? *crosses fingers hoping for an affirmative*
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was hoping we'd get an annoucement by now that there would be some kind of test run for this pvp off-season.
    We had 1 glorious season a few months ago then right back to the same old misery fest.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Thanks for the heads up! Balance of Power now awards Captain Marvel (Modern) as the 3-Star Placement Reward
    Does that mean we're skipping the She-Hulk PvP entirely? *crosses fingers hoping for an affirmative*
    The rewards pattern is mostly driven by “longest ago rewarded” (loosely). So if She Hulk is awarded now and they don’t run her pvp, it’s a safe bet they won’t run it for about 40 more PVPs when she is the reward again.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is balance of power the PvP where everyone is boosted to 550?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Is balance of power the PvP where everyone is boosted to 550?
    Yes, exactly.  It’s all about synergy and offers a chance to use unleveled but covered characters.  (It’s also disliked by many players.)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome. I can finally meet the dreaded 5* Gambit in 3 days instead of waiting for another 1 or 2 years. This is an interesting concept. I can't wait for this PvP. 
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Awesome. I can finally meet the dreaded 5* Gambit in 3 days instead of waiting for another 1 or 2 years. This is an interesting concept.

I can't wait for this PvP. (Just wait....you'll get over it .quick)

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Is there a new event coming in 4 days and I missed it?

There is a countdown on MPQ that I haven't seen before.... Unless my memory is failing me.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given that the new event is in 4 days, of course you haven't missed it.

(as far as an announcement, I'd bet something Monday/Tuesday, possibly Tuesday, on Marvel.com, as part of a new character article, I'd wager)

Teasers like this almost always show up before an official announcement.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

(as far as an announcement, I'd bet something Monday/Tuesday, possibly Tuesday, on Marvel.com, as part of a new character article, I'd wager)

Which again highlights just how terrible their communication is.

Bring out PR on the relevant sites, THEN show the event in game.

It's really not rocket science, but for these guys it seems to be.
  • Blackstone
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I guess I should have been more clear about what I was asking.

I just get excited when a new event comes along and I wanted to make sure it was something new, and I wasn't setting myself up for disappointment.

Plus, my mind is already running away with theories about the setting of the background.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Well, now we are curious about it, so that is really the goal; increased interest to get people paying attention.  It's hard to get people excited about another run of the Hunt or Thick as Thieves (as my high placement with minimal effort shows). 

Any new story event is welcome.  It's not hard to guess that it will be related to the Black Panther movie, though, since it is coming soon, and the graphics hint at Wakanda to me.  A mix of technology and nature.

Looking forward to finding out more!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    JHawkInc said:

Which again highlights just how terrible their communication is.

Bring out PR on the relevant sites, THEN show the event in game.

It's really not rocket science, but for these guys it seems to be.
    It's terrible communication because they teased something in the game before it was officially announced? Do you expect them to tease it after the announcement? You can't exactly generate the excitement of "Wonder what this new thing is going to be?" if you wait until PR has already revealed the surprise.

You're right, it's not rocket science, but the devs are not the ones here having problems figuring it out.
  • Blackstone
    Options
    My intent was to bring attention to the new event, not cause negativity towards the developers or players.

My first thought, looking at the graphic, was that it looked like light penetrating a body of water.  This, however, is just wishful thinking on my part because I'm still waiting for NAMOR...

Then, my common sense caught up with my imagination and I brushed that illogical thought aside.

It seems obvious that it will be Wakanda related.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My intent was to bring attention to the new event, not cause negativity towards the developers or players.

My first thought, looking at the graphic, was that it looked like light penetrating a body of water.  This, however, is just wishful thinking on my part because I'm still waiting for NAMOR...

Then, my common sense caught up with my imagination and I brushed that illogical thought aside.

It seems obvious that it will be Wakanda related.
    If your intention is not to cause negativity I'd suggest just not posting on the forums..... Whole lot of negativity all over the place here....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's to tease a new event and get people excited and talking about it over the weekend. Then probably announce it on Monday with details for the event.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, will it be structured like Strange Sights, being able to choose a particular path each day, or will it be the more typical linear story? The image looks to me like a Vibranium mine, so that’ll have to be defended. Klaw and Killmonger are the most likely villains to be introduced to the story (1 as a boss, 1 in missions?). Minions are trickier. Repurposed Sentries? Hopefully not an “all tile movers, all the time” event. Maybe they’ll throw Doom and Doombots in the mix? Maggia? Ah, the wait is on.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could be wrong, but last time we had a teaser like this, zooming in each day, was for Guardians 2 coming out? 
    And that gave us the extra, small story line that was later turned into Honor Amongst Thieves event?

Either way, Its something new, so I cant wait! Hoping for new boss event, but thats probably too quick..
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think they teased the Sinister Six event the same way too, but pretty sure we're not getting another alliance event again so soon after Galactus.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    I think they teased the Sinister Six event the same way too, but pretty sure we're not getting another alliance event again so soon after Galactus.
    Can always hope, but you probably right twice there.. but if it leads to new pve, i might be even happyer.. :-) #fingerscrossed