Future Cross-Promotions?

Options
2»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Ant-Man & the Wasp (July) - Hoping for a 5* Ant-man preferably one with both shrink and grow mechanics (aka Giant-Man), but not holding my breath, been asking for that since Civil War.
    Just saw the Ant-Man & The Wasp trailer and he goes Giant-Man again in the trailer.  *super fingers crossed for 5* Ant-Man/Giant-Man*
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    broll said:
    Venom (October) - 5* Venom but I don't think this movie counts as MCU cannon so it might not even get cross promotion at all.
    You are right, Venom is fully produced by Sony - not Marvel Studios. But the relationship between Sony and Marvel is very good - a lot less chilly than the relationship between Fox and Marvel (before the Fox buyout by Disney). It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a MPQ promotion, in fact that's what I expect.
    They may have a good relationship, but i can't imagine Marvel doesn't want to do more than just Spidey eventually.  So it's in their best efforts for other movies from the Spiderverse to not go well to push them into bigger/more deals for other characters/the whole spideverse.  Unless it's specifically in their contract that they will cross promote the non-MCU moves I don't see it happening.

I saw the first Venom trailer and it looks bad to me.  Really disappointing they keep messing him up.  Give him back to the big boys that know what they're doing...
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I saw the first Venom trailer and it looks bad to me.  Really disappointing they keep messing him up.  Give him back to the big boys that know what they're doing...
    There's a Venom trailer already?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    Dormammu said:
    broll said:
    Venom (October) - 5* Venom but I don't think this movie counts as MCU cannon so it might not even get cross promotion at all.
    You are right, Venom is fully produced by Sony - not Marvel Studios. But the relationship between Sony and Marvel is very good - a lot less chilly than the relationship between Fox and Marvel (before the Fox buyout by Disney). It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a MPQ promotion, in fact that's what I expect.
    They may have a good relationship, but i can't imagine Marvel doesn't want to do more than just Spidey eventually.  So it's in their best efforts for other movies from the Spiderverse to not go well to push them into bigger/more deals for other characters/the whole spideverse.  Unless it's specifically in their contract that they will cross promote the non-MCU moves I don't see it happening.

They have confirmed that Tom Holland will be in the Venom movie, so it is connected to the MCU.
    That said, it's probably in the same one-way method that the TV shows are connected. The TV shows reference the movies, but the movies ignore the TV shows.
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    gravel said:
    There's a Venom trailer already?
    It's a fan - made trailer. Not official. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    broll said:
    Not to mention, the comic side of things are really going all in with Venom at the moment. Venom just had a crossover with ASM and is currently crossing over with the X-Men.