Future Cross-Promotions?

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
It's a new year, which means a whole new slate of comic book films & television. A lot of them will of course be Marvel properties, which means the opportunity for new character tie-ins here at Marvel Puzzle Quest. Do you think we'll get any new characters based on the following projects coming in the next year? How many stars do you think they'll have?

Black Panther (February)
Jessica Jones Season 2 (March)
Avengers: Infinity War (May)
Ant-Man & the Wasp (July)
Venom (October)
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse (December)
Silver & Black (Feb 2019)

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guessing BP and JJ almost certainly. 

Can't think of any appropriate adds for Infinity War, but I'm sure we'll see a cross promotion of some kind even if it isn't a new character. 

Ant-Man & the Wasp is a shrug from me. 

Doubt it for Venom or the Morales animated flick.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Corvus Glaive or Proxima Midnight would be cool new characters from Infinity War.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Guessing for Antman we'll get a 5* Antman / 3* Wasp 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    It's a new year, which means a whole new slate of comic book films & television. A lot of them will of course be Marvel properties, which means the opportunity for new character tie-ins here at Marvel Puzzle Quest. Do you think we'll get any new characters based on the following projects coming in the next year? How many stars do you think they'll have?

Black Panther (February)
    Jessica Jones Season 2 (March)
    Avengers: Infinity War (May)
    Ant-Man & the Wasp (July)
    Venom (October)
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse (December)
    Silver & Black (Feb 2019)
    I imagine they'll all get something. BP, Avenegers, and AM&W I believe will all get at least 2 characters (2 on release and maybe a 3rd on the dvd release like GotG). JJ will give us a 4* version to shut up us complainers. I could see a 5* Venom and Miles for their movies. You're forgetting Captain Marvel which will no doubt give us a 5* Carol and *fingers crossed* a Mar-Vell. Maybe even a 5/3 release with a classic Mar-Vell and Ultimate version Mahr Vehl.

In between those, I'm sure they'll roll out more X-Men and maybe FF characters. And the comic side seems to be gearing up to bring more classic versions of their characters back so I'd expect some tie-in there eventually. I'm sure there will be another season of one of the netflix shows too.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, based on the current schedule of 5/4/4, we're due two 4*s on either side of Black Panther's movie release, so either one or both could be movie tie-ins. Odds are a new T'Challa, and either Killmonger or Shuri. Then the other one of them, with the possibility of Klaw, when the Blu-Ray comes out later in the year.

If the 5/4/4 pattern sticks around, that gives us a 5* right on time for Jessica Jones to come out. Bummer after missing a good release window for the first season of her show and Defenders that she would come out as a 5* and be hard to acquire (as compared to a 4*), but it would be super rad to get to add a female to the 5* tier on International Women's Day (which is when JJ Season 2 comes out).

For Infinity War, I'd like to see something like Civil War. Boss event, extra release, go crazy. Take notes from Sinister Six and Boss Rush. Round 1, two boss nodes, each node has two members of the Black Order (Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and Cull Obsidian). Round 2, change it up entirely, one node against Thanos. Round 3, Black Order again (and maybe not the same pairings). Round 4, Thanos. Repeat till end. Side nodes feature those goon things I can't name and am too lazy to google at the moment. Releases are a 5* MCU Falcon, a 5* Classic Scarlet Witch, 4* Iron Man (non-Hulkbuster, his new movie suit), and a 4* Cap (because we don't have a 4* Steve yet). Then you do a 4* Thanos and Spidey's new suit for the Blu-Ray release, maybe?

Speaking of Blu-Rays, we could get a Valkyrie or Hela when Thor finally comes out. Haven't seen a release date so I can't speculate on star level (I think a 4* Valkyrie and 5* Hela would be how they'd do it, but we'd need a release date to compare to the 5/4/4 pattern and see if a 5* is due around that time)

4* Cable for Deadpool 2 would be neat.

I have lots of ideas for Ant-Man & The Wasp. Part of me always thought it would be cool to see "Ant-Man & The Wasp" as a 5*, Hank and Janet, but we have Janet in the game already (and less of other Ant-Man related characters). Maybe a 5* Scott and Hope instead? I'd still kinda like Hank in, and think it would be neat to take after the Daredevil/Elektra release and do a 5* Hank (Yellowjacket/Goliath/Giant-Man/etc) and a 3* Hank (Ant-Man, classic oldschool outfit, lazy version of 4* Scott's Ant-Man). A 3/5 Hank with a 4 Hope has potential.

No idea on cross-promotions past that. I don't want anything for Venom, but I'm one of those people that still wants the project to quietly die because Sony is trying to do it without the MCU, so I'm a tad biased in that regard.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Guessing for Antman we'll get a 5* Antman / 3* Wasp 

I can see this! 5* Ant-Man (Giant Man) needs to be happen! As for Wasp, I could see them mixing 4* Ant Man and Wasp powers, so Yellow and Black Wasp skills with Ant-Mans Blue for 3* Wasp (Classic)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    Cable and the original X-Force are the only characters for whom I have pined, except Gambit.  Oh, I have always wanted to see Omega Red in-game too.  A 5* Bishop with a time-travel countdown-tile that takes a snapshot of team health at time ability is used and when expires reverts to that snapshot...a sufficient number of turns for the opponent to match away or destroy, but not so long that it never activates.

Once upon a time, Marvel used to do G.I. Joe comics, and while they're completely separate universes--it'd be freakin' sweet to open up some of those characters to this game.  G.I. Joe was second only to transformers for me, as a kid.  All the different Cobra units were so freakin' cool.  Come to think of it, Marvel did Transformers too, no?  That would be so cool to see some of the crossovers from comics.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For BP, it's got to be 4 Shuri or 4 Killmonger, even a 3 Nakia/Ayo/Okoye.
    JJ - Jessica Jones and Purple Man
    Avengers: Infinity War - we already have too many Captain Marvels so I don't know who they're going to intro as an MPQ character.
    Antman & Wasp, probably 5 Giant Man or 3 Wasp (Hope Van Dyne)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can see Cap as a potential release for Infinity War as a 4* version.

I hope they don't do a 4* Thanos but it's probably likely as the film is essentially all about him.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,262 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adam Warlock seems the obvious Infinity War tie-in to me.

Bearded Steve at 4* could also work
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hasn't it been confirmed Adam Warlock won't be in the Movie? Or was it deconfirmed?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Hasn't it been confirmed Adam Warlock won't be in the Movie? Or was it deconfirmed?
    It would make more sense for Adam Warlock to be in a later movie and take possession of the soul gem.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Oh, hadn't heard. Prior to Guardians 2, I was speculating that Bucky was going to play the part of Adam Warlock in the story once they announced Winter Soldier was in the movie and we saw him go into a tube at the end of Civil War lol. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Black Panther (February) - Probably get a 4* BP.  Maybe a Klaw
    Jessica Jones Season 2 (March) - If we don't finally get a JJ I'm gonna punch someone
    Avengers: Infinity War (May) - Probably re-run the Thanos boss event.  Probably release 5* version of avengers that haven't gotten a 5* yet.  Maybe a 4* Thanos (or dare I say first 6*?)
    Ant-Man & the Wasp (July) - Hoping for a 5* Ant-man preferably one with both shrink and grow mechics (aka Giant-Man), but not holding my breath, been asking for that since Civil War.
    Venom (October) - 5* Venom but I don't think this movie counts as MCU cannon so it might not even get cross promotion at all.
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse (December) - Have they ever cross-promoted an animated film?  Not expecting anything from this.
    Silver & Black (Feb 2019) - I would love to see Black Cat added! (but see the note on Venom)

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Last I heard Adam Warlock wasn't going to be in Infinity War and was going to be in GotG 3 likely as the main villian or villian who get's turned by the end like the Maximoffs in CW.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I expect to see Nebula as an Infinity War tie in.
    I would not be surprised if we get Jessica, but she might have to give up the booze first.
    New Mutants seems a likely prospect for a tie in.
    5* Deadpool and 4* Cable are also possibilities.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    4* Domino seems probable too
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With Jessica Jones' preference for binge drinking, I can see one of her powers do self-damage. She doesn't take very good care of herself. But that makes her a perfect anti-heroine.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Venom (October) - 5* Venom but I don't think this movie counts as MCU cannon so it might not even get cross promotion at all.
    You are right, Venom is fully produced by Sony - not Marvel Studios. But the relationship between Sony and Marvel is very good - a lot less chilly than the relationship between Fox and Marvel (before the Fox buyout by Disney). It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a MPQ promotion, in fact that's what I expect.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,491 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

JJ - Jessica Jones and Purple Man
    i think it would be incredibly disappointing if the JJ promotion char is just purple man.