Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    This would be the future IF they we're at that stage today. Imagine a new player starting right now.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    madoctor said:
    This would be the future IF they we're at that stage today. Imagine a new player starting right now.
    This is why I answer zero in those surveys.

I've thought for some time now that pull percentages should change as your roster change. Scaling used to be tied to your roster, now we've got SHIELD ranks attached to our rosters. Can't be too hard to change pulls based off our rosters. There should be some benefit to SHIELD rank beyond being able to pick who you're facing in PvE and PvP. It could do some good for those with bad 5* pull rates and help younger rosters not screw up their MMR by getting 5*s too early.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Roster slots cost 1000 HP from the 77th until the 299th, I think. The 300th onwards cost 2000 HP, I heard?

Yeah, Pun mentioned the cost increase in the roster slot sale thread earlier this month...

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69811/roster-slot-discount-updated-1-8-18/p2

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 4-star tier has overtaken the 3-star tier as the level with the most characters and looks daunting to transition to. If you just finished champing all the 2s and start looking at the covers/ISO its going to take to champ the 3s - it's daunting. But after you get there and you realize what it'll take to champ all the 4s - that's downright demoralizing.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    The 4-star tier has overtaken the 3-star tier as the level with the most characters and looks daunting to transition to. If you just finished champing all the 2s and start looking at the covers/ISO its going to take to champ the 3s - it's daunting. But after you get there and you realize what it'll take to champ all the 4s - that's downright demoralizing.
    This is where I’m at. I have two champed 4*’s and two that are ready but the ISO drain is ridiculous. I really wish they’d lower the cost to champ them a little bit at least.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    But once you champion your 4*, the need for ISO (for that character obviously) disappears. Think of all the ISO you save adding champ levels.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    This is where I’m at. I have two champed 4*’s and two that are ready but the ISO drain is ridiculous. I really wish they’d lower the cost to champ them a little bit at least.
    I feel your pain, I have Elektra, Nick Fury, Riri, Star-Lord and Venom just sitting there waiting to be champed and Riri aside, none of them are an iso priority over other things. SL is like Lvl 168 or something and it is still a loooooooooooooooong way to go to 270.

The 3* tier does not at all adequately prepare you for this.

I find myself incrementally levelling the characters I want the most and parking them between 188 and 209 so if the missing covers do come up I'm at least within reasonable shooting distance of champing (maybe need to flip a 2* farm or similar). Just the thought of taking my lvl125 Nick Fury to 270 iso-wise is depressing.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    So, 3yrs ago, I started keeping / maintaining a Google roster sheet in regards to my Steam MPQ ("aesthetocyst"), because ... Imma dork.

It was mostly for funsies and stat tinykitty (Hey! My roster now totals more than 42,000 levels! It's worth 37.3M iso! The avg lvl of my 5s (excluding clones) is up to 403!), but a year later, when R91 rolled out champing, it was immensely helpful in mapping out how to champ'em all as efficiently as possible.

I do this also.  I'm at 33,705 levels or 68% of 49,908 total levels in the game.  I don't have anything that figures out ISO value though.

Sorry you're not having a good time anymore.  Honestly my plan has always been that if I got to that point I'd probably put more focus in my side account and go around  a second time trying to learn from my mistakes and rank up more effectively.  But I'm also a dork.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dormammu said:
    I feel your pain, I have Elektra, Nick Fury, Riri, Star-Lord and Venom just sitting there waiting to be champed and Riri aside, none of them are an iso priority over other things. SL is like Lvl 168 or something and it is still a loooooooooooooooong way to go to 270.

The 3* tier does not at all adequately prepare you for this.

I find myself incrementally levelling the characters I want the most and parking them between 188 and 209 so if the missing covers do come up I'm at least within reasonable shooting distance of champing (maybe need to flip a 2* farm or similar). Just the thought of taking my lvl125 Nick Fury to 270 iso-wise is depressing.

Levelling to 209 might be a good idea, since SHIELD training is now a thing and that particular number is important for that event.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    In their surveys where they ask if there's anything they should change, I almost always ask for either more ways to get ISO or to lower the cost of champing 4*s. 

I've gone into greater detail in other threads, but basically a 2* costs 75K to champ, while a 3* costs about 127.5K. That's about a 70 percent increase. If you applied the same metric going from 3*s to 4*s, it would cost about 217K to champ a 4*.

Instead, it costs not even twice, but almost three times as much to champ a 4* as it does a 3*. It's ridiculous. I think lowering the cost for champing a 4* to 275K would be more reasonable. About 100K less than it costs now, yet still more than double what it costs to champ a 3*

I've been in an ISO drought since probably around the time GladiaThor was released. I was really counting on double ISO around Christmas to help alleviate that some. It's just getting exhausting to be hovering near zero most of the time as I sloooowly champ characters who have been waiting months on end for their turn. 

Even right now, I'm trying to get enough ISO to champ Drax and Kingpin before covers on my vine expire. And I'll likely need to at least put some ISO into my Level 115 5/4/4 Quake ahead of her rapidly approaching Crash. Same thing for my Level 115 2/4/4 Brock Venom. But my fully covered Level 209 Invisible Woman will be placement/progression rewards soon, too. And on and on and on. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    It looks like your cover accumulation exceeds your ISO haul. This might come naturally (meaning just from playing for free), or from spending money on packs/shields etc. If the latter is the case you might consider adjusting your spending to your ISO income. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Dormammu said:
    In their surveys where they ask if there's anything they should change, I almost always ask for either more ways to get ISO or to lower the cost of champing 4*s. 

I've gone into greater detail in other threads, but basically a 2* costs 75K to champ, while a 3* costs about 127.5K. That's about a 70 percent increase. If you applied the same metric going from 3*s to 4*s, it would cost about 217K to champ a 4*.

Instead, it costs not even twice, but almost three times as much to champ a 4* as it does a 3*. It's ridiculous. I think lowering the cost for champing a 4* to 275K would be more reasonable. About 100K less than it costs now, yet still more than double what it costs to champ a 3*

I've been in an ISO drought since probably around the time GladiaThor was released. I was really counting on double ISO around Christmas to help alleviate that some. It's just getting exhausting to be hovering near zero most of the time as I sloooowly champ characters who have been waiting months on end for their turn. 

Even right now, I'm trying to get enough ISO to champ Drax and Kingpin before covers on my vine expire. And I'll likely need to at least put some ISO into my Level 115 5/4/4 Quake ahead of her rapidly approaching Crash. Same thing for my Level 115 2/4/4 Brock Venom. But my fully covered Level 209 Invisible Woman will be placement/progression rewards soon, too. And on and on and on. 
    Man that is a brutal amount of needed ISO. I’m not looking forward to being in that situation.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    When you get closer to the end-game, it is 4 and 5 star covers that limits you more than anything else. Build the 2 and 3 star farms and you will start bringing in more ISO and HP than you expend. Never enough CP though!

Some other stats that I track in my OCD spreadsheet based on 153 characters (5Ghost Rider just added):

Total Covers Needed to Champ All:   1921 of 1974 (97.3%)  Only 53 more to go....for now
    Total Levels To Max All:    44,174 of 49,908 (88.5%)
    ISO Needed to Champ All: 2.65M
    Median 4 Star: Level 333  Nova   This one goes up above 1 level per season.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    My three highest covered 5-stars are Strange, (5/4/4) OML (5.3.3) , and Thanos (5/5/2).  They're all in the LVL 330-310 range right now.  The ISO deficit to max level those three characters is 383K (Strange and Thanos) and 294K (OML)...so that's a cool 1M+ ISO for just the three of them.  That doesn't even include all the other 5-star covers sitting at LVL 255, waiting for ISO.

While I would really like to get them up, I've already had to sell three Rogue covers because I didn't get the chance to champ her before they ran out.  Rogue is, without question, the character that's stalking me.  I just this morning champed her after funneling all my ISO into her for the past several weeks, and saved two covers.  The LT gave me a Nico cover, who is 133K ISO short of her max level (3/3/4).  The ISO shortage never seems to go away.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just updated my roster in gamependium for the first time in a long while - apparently my last update was while Starlord, Ock and Parker were in Latest? 

So much has changed... I'm not exactly totally unaware of what goes on in the roster basement but it's really surprising seeing all the changes at one go.

Rng makes a pretty huge impact even in context of 4*s not in the latest 12 - the lowest gained maybe 6-10 covers, the average was close to 20 quite consistently, the top end got 30+, comparable with latest 12, which got 20-50 covers in the same time. 
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    This is probably my biggest peev with MPG and the FTP industry as a whole.

The * tiers exist solely to push you to your spending limit as fast as possible. That “spending” could be time (farming Iso) or money (pulling covers and rostering characters), but either way progress is meant to be fast, to push you to the next tier, which costs more to progress.

I’m at day 1467 and I’ve been at the door of the 5* game for over a year now. The reason is simple, I spend no more than the reasonable $10 per month and an hour or two a day. At this spending rate, I can’t aquire 5* covers fast enough. I don’t have the ISO to level them.

Those are my hard limits. I can still play the 4* game with a slow, but steady progression... and it is still somewhat fun... but the 5* game is as far from my reach as it has always been.

I’ve hit the paywall designed to impede players like me.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    It looks like your cover accumulation exceeds your ISO haul. This might come naturally (meaning just from playing for free), or from spending money on packs/shields etc. If the latter is the case you might consider adjusting your spending to your ISO income. 
    Not sure if this was directed to me or not, but the only thing I spend on is VIP. I've also bought two Logan's Loonies at various points, purely for roster slots, and I did buy the Starter Pack. 

Most of my covers have come through playing hard for placement and selectively using LTs and CP. I'm sitting at 10 4*s fully covered, just waiting on ISO. Ant-Man, Punmax, Invisible Woman, and Kingpin are at 209. Winter Soldier is 172, Rulk is 168, Drax and Miles Morales are at 147, Quake is 115 and poor Kate Bishop is a lowly 78. Everyone else has at least 10 covers, except Nico with nine and Kraven with three.

And then you factor in the seven 3*s that are fully covered waiting to champ (six dupes and Angel). And all my 5*s mostly sitting at 255. My ISO to max for all characters is well into the millions. But hey, I can always spend $100 to get as much ISO as I earn for free in about two days. So that's cool and super helpful. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just updated my roster in gamependium for the first time in a long while - apparently my last update was while Starlord, Ock and Parker were in Latest? 

So much has changed... I'm not exactly totally unaware of what goes on in the roster basement but it's really surprising seeing all the changes at one go.

Rng makes a pretty huge impact even in context of 4*s not in the latest 12 - the lowest gained maybe 6-10 covers, the average was close to 20 quite consistently, the top end got 30+, comparable with latest 12, which got 20-50 covers in the same time. 
    Yeah, I guess my updates haven't slowed as much as progress has slowed. If every 10-14 days is too frequent at the 4* level....how infrequent is infrequent enough LOL

Every 30 days? 60? Annually? :D (crying on the inside ;) )
    Lol yeah, that's why I've given up on regular updates except for the monthly review, where I only track 5*s and bagman. Not as overwhelming a list of +0,+0,+0,+0,+1.