Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    I don’t farm 1*’s, but I’ve currently got two 5/5/0 2* Hawkeyes on my farm.  I mostly just laugh everyday when I pull my elite tokens and get nothing but red/blue hawkeyes.  Nothing I really care about, but really highlights how frustrating the ol RNG can be.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too was pretty staggered when I saw the lumpiness in the 1* covers.  luckly it doesn't really make a difference in xp or iso.  But it realize how important it is to build evenly
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    According to my personal statistics in Standard tokens, things even out pretty much in the end:
    Black Widow 148 145   0 11,73%
    Hawkeye     158 151   0 12,37%
    Iron Man    149 145 152 17,86%
    Juggernaut  153 149   0 12,09%
    Spider Man  129 160 145 17,38%
    Storm       138 155 150 17,74%
    Venom       134 136   0 10,81%
    However, I don't keep track of individual covers, just a the totals. So there could have been streaks of not receiving specific colored covers for a while.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    I keep a level 50 IM35 for DDQ purpose and 3 MBW with 5 blue for TU purpose. Apart from that I have only one copy at a time for each 1* character. I keep the covers I can't apply on the vine, waiting to complete and sell a completely covered one to start a new copy.

Currently I have 30 1*covers pending on the vine... worth mentioning 10 purple Venom and 7 purple Spiderman. So yeah, streaks happen!

And if ever you see a black Venom cover, you'll be kind to tell him where is my roster! ;)
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'll put a 1-star in a roster slot if I don't have anything better to put in it. This ensures that I have a surplus of slots and that they are all "useful". I keep a fully-leveled Juggernaut and Spidey for DDQ, and the rest rotate around.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I keep a level 50 IM35 for DDQ purpose and 3 MBW with 5 blue for TU purpose. Apart from that I have only one copy at a time for each 1* character. I keep the covers I can't apply on the vine, waiting to complete and sell a completely covered one to start a new copy.

Currently I have 30 1*covers pending on the vine... worth mentioning 10 purple Venom and 7 purple Spiderman. So yeah, streaks happen!

And if ever you see a black Venom cover, you'll be kind to tell him where is my roster! ;)
    Ah, the luxury of having 1* rostered. I envy you.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed the same thing when I was 1* farming.  I did it for a while and found it to be slightly fun at first but then really annoying for the OPs reason.  My plan was to farm till I hit SR 125 and got that big pay day then stop.  However I've stopped at SR 120 cause it just got annoying.
  • Dogface
    broll said:
    I noticed the same thing when I was 1* farming.  I did it for a while and found it to be slightly fun at first but then really annoying for the OPs reason.  My plan was to farm till I hit SR 125 and got that big pay day then stop.  However I've stopped at SR 120 cause it just got annoying.
    Explain the fun of farming 1* to me. They don't give champ rewards and occupy valuable roster slots (for me at least).
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I don’t farm 1*. The RNG joke happened to me on a 4* character. My 2/5/5 lvl 250 mehulk awaits for the last green cover but RNG decides that only purple is the only color he likes. Until now, I have received 9th straight purple cover. 
  • broll
    edited January 2018
    Dogface said:
    broll said:
    Explain the fun of farming 1* to me. They don't give champ rewards and occupy valuable roster slots (for me at least).
    It was 'slightly fun' in that I had something to do with 1*s besides throw them in the trash.  It also gave me a reason to roster more than one for the first time in ages.  'Slightly fun' is comparable to finding a penny or a watching a mildly funny commercial.  It might bring slight enjoyment once or twice but do it 40 times a day and you get sick of it real fast.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:

Ah, the luxury of having 1* rostered. I envy you.
    that is a luxury allowed for an old vet like me. Now that I have decreased sharply my time spent on the game, I don't use much hp on shields anymore and I rarely buy any token packs because I feel like the deals aren't interesting. Meanwhile hp keeps coming at a steady rate. Therefore buying roster slots is something I can afford and farming 1* keeps me busy while I watch at my cp hoard that increases... much much more slowly than the hp! :smiley:
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    Dogface said:
    broll said:
    It was 'slightly fun' in that I had something to do with 1*s besides throw them in the trash.  It also gave me a reason to roster more than one for the first time in ages.  'Slightly fun' is comparable to finding a penny or a watching a mildly funny commercial.  It might bring slight enjoyment once or twice but do it 40 times a day and you get sick of it real fast.
    40 pennies is close to a dollar which could buy you an Arizona drink. That's more than one stars do for you lol 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    If anyone else has the three-covered 1*s maxed, you can swap covers on IM35, Storm, and Spider-Man indefinitely (outside of extremely unlikely pull distribution). But that won't help on the other five 1*s.
  • broll
    broll said:
    Dogface said:
    broll said:
    40 pennies is close to a dollar which could buy you an Arizona drink. That's more than one stars do for you lol 
    So bending over 40 times a day to pick up pennies is worth a drink every 3 days?  Maybe for some it is, it isn't for me.  Not to mention the burden of carrying around all those pennies everywhere.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well 1* farming isn't an issue for me, if I get a 1* with one color covered too much, I just sell it and re-roster the 1* again.  Since it only happens rarely, I'm not that worried about maxing the 1* to 10 (or 15) covers before selling it, it isn't a huge iso loss.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Dogface said:
    broll said:
    So bending over 40 times a day to pick up pennies is worth a drink every 3 days?  Maybe for some it is, it isn't for me.  Not to mention the burden of carrying around all those pennies everywhere.
    I work at a retail pharmacy. I've had worse 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Dogface said:
    broll said:
    If you have the excess HP to spare for those slots it isn't a burden at all. If HP is a scarce resource, then yeah it probably isn't worth it.  Buying roster slots for 1* isn't a bad investment because roster slots will always be of value. If you need that roster slot for another character in the future, sell the 1*.   1* farm management is easy and takes me no exaggeration maybe 30 seconds per day.  If your 1* Venom has 5 black covers and you get a 6th, sell the current character for 100 iso and restart him. Right now, I earn approximately 128 iso for every 1* cover based on my xp.  Since I open around 10 to 12 standard tokens per day, that is about 300 extra iso per day, which translates into 110,000 extra iso per year from xp as opposed to selling them outright.  I am not close to max level xp yet and by the time I am, they will raise the xp level ceiling again.  
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I once pulled 8 IM reds in a row. That's as bad as it's ever gotten for me. 
  • Dogface
    I'm well aware of the value of roster slots, but as you said, and which is the case in my case, HP is scarce, then rostering 1* is a luxury. All my available HP goes into slots, no packs, no shields and still I cannot gather HP fast enough to keep up with all new releases. I might catch up a bit, but unless they slow the releases (not very likely), i'll probably always keep chasing slots. So farming isn't a realistic goal for me (though i have sold sole copies of 2* i barely use and building them back up again now).

PS if someone is wondering, this concerns my Android account. I bought some DLC on Steam when it was 70/90% off, so I'm farming 2* there (with pleasure I might add)
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I keep 16 slots for 1*. The first 8 for the maxed version of each because I am a completionist. The other 8 slots are for XP and building. Once a color gets to 5 and I get a redundant color, it is sold even if it is 0,0,5. At SHIELD level 152, applying each cover is worth about 108 ISO rather than selling for 100, so it is not a big deal to sell a partial build. I have 262 slots and need to use most for the dupe 4* I'm starting to run into.