Galactus Hungers & Ghost Rider Vault/Store (1/23/18)

Options
13»

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grocket should be in the Deadpool progression instead. 
    That just skips Nightcrawler. It doesn't fix the problem, it just moves it around.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Then put two 4*s in the next PVE progression and stop being so tight. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dont understand why they skip them. What is the reason for this? I would have liked another champ level for my Grocket over a champ level for NIghtcrawler. 

But they fixed it last event by giving us Vulture the following PvE.. I thought they finally figured it out. I still don't understand why there's no SCL applied to boss events. It would fix this. SCL7 and up would have R&G in the personal progression. Now he's skipped and will be removed from tokens after this season. 
  • actarus76
    actarus76 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Vhailorx That's correct. Customer Support will not be able to offer cover swaps for 5-Star characters Daredevil (Matt Murdock) and Doctor Octopus (Classic) that are pulled from the Engines of Vengeance store
    why doesn't Customer Service exchange DD and Oct covers? the covers are pulled from a 25 cp store

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    actarus76 said:
    Brigby said:
    @Vhailorx That's correct. Customer Support will not be able to offer cover swaps for 5-Star characters Daredevil (Matt Murdock) and Doctor Octopus (Classic) that are pulled from the Engines of Vengeance store
    why doesn't Customer Service exchange DD and Oct covers? the covers are pulled from a 25 cp store

The CS swaps don't care how you got the cover or how many CP you spent.  The rule is they only swap Latest, so the 3 characters in the Latest Legend token, and during release events the new 5* that isn't in the Latest yet.

Because of this, if you open a Classic token and get an unusable Latest via Bonus Hero they will swap that.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    actarus76 said:
    Brigby said:

You get less dilution for the higher cost
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I usually only spend 20CP on LTs rather than the 25, but I decided to in this case (in the Engines of Vengeance store) and it was well worth it, since I pulled the missing black Vulture cover I needed to fully cover him :-)
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The last several boss events have been a bit too easy, but with Grocket boosted this one has been a complete nonsense. If you've got him champed you're gonna take one hit maximum from Galactus, and most of the time absolutely none. You'd take more damage from your average Prologue mission.

I understand difficulty balance can be tricky, and the complaints are loud and long when things are too hard, but this has been ridiculous. There has to be some renewed thought put into these alliance events. They're a fun change of pace, but the rewards are lacking at this point, and the challenge level isn't working. Either bring SCLs into it, or work on scaling it, or something.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    The last several boss events have been a bit too easy, but with Grocket boosted this one has been a complete nonsense. If you've got him champed you're gonna take one hit maximum from Galactus, and most of the time absolutely none. You'd take more damage from your average Prologue mission.

I understand difficulty balance can be tricky, and the complaints are loud and long when things are too hard, but this has been ridiculous. There has to be some renewed thought put into these alliance events. They're a fun change of pace, but the rewards are lacking at this point, and the challenge level isn't working. Either bring SCLs into it, or work on scaling it, or something.
    They definitely need to implement SCL-based rewards for personal progression, along with an overhaul of the personal progression rewards. I doubt they would touch alliance rewards, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up for that. 

And yes, this has been ridiculously easy with G4ocket boosted, but it's kind of nice to be able to take it easy for a few days. Well, except the side nodes after day one. I think mine jumped from 55 to 305 or something like that. Nothing I can't handle, but the wave nodes with Dark Avengers do take a little extra effort. 

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,559 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Richyyy said:

They definitely need to implement SCL-based rewards for personal progression, along with an overhaul of the personal progression rewards. I doubt they would touch alliance rewards, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up for that. 

And yes, this has been ridiculously easy with G4ocket boosted, but it's kind of nice to be able to take it easy for a few days. Well, except the side nodes after day one. I think mine jumped from 55 to 305 or something like that. Nothing I can't handle, but the wave nodes with Dark Avengers do take a little extra effort. 

SCL levels could be useful, but it would have to work with alliance members on very different levels: my alliance just finished Galactus with 9h30 to spare, but our 2* and some of the 3* players were unable to do much in the last day/round 8.
    If SCL were introduced like in the PvP Sim, then that might work, you choose what difficulty you play and you get better rewards for higher SCL. Maybe keep Galactus at the same level for everyone (you still get points when you lose against him), but scale the side-nodes to the SCL.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see that the difficulty level of the game has been adjusted a few times over the years. However, there are always complains over what a joke the boss event is (the current boss event), or how impossible it is to win the boss.

Allowing players to choose SCL in boss event could be explored. Since boss event focuses more on teamwork, maybe the points earned are adjusted according to the SCL chosen. If the players still find it too easy, maybe they can try using other unboosted characters instead of the typical powerhouse characters to win the match. As you can see, it's difficult to find a solution that addresses every single player's needs. For the current event, R4G is boosted and some players are calling the boss a joke or said that's it's too easy. If they (players complaining that Galactus is too easy) are looking for a challenge, maybe they could use some other (unboosted) characters instead of R4G?  I understand some players are obsessed with speed and power. The problem is once they've gotten the strongest characters, everything usually becomes a grind to them.