Galactus Hungers & Ghost Rider Vault/Store (1/23/18)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,344 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There is no reason for devs to update the rewards, because it’s an alliance event.  You have to play to help your alliance.  So they have no incentive to increase the rewards (incentives) to individual players because you’re going to play anyway.  Right?  They could reduce the rewards and everyone would still play.

And really, they have reduced the rewards by not updating them to the current PVE structure.  Not to mention you will spend more time in terms of going into the game under the antiqued 8 hour refresh cycle than under the 24 hour Story cycle.

If the intent of a boss event is to strengthen alliances, they should offer better than standard PVE rewards so players feel more incentive to play.  It used to be amazing to play an event and get 3 4* covers.  Now?  Ummmm.....

Edit:  look what I got from my intercept after an E3 match...25 HP....=Galactus?
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'd like one simple change to improve the personal rewards and so the event for me. Round 8 boss should give rewards every time he is beaten (i'd say 500 iso, the same as side nodes give), not just 8 times like it is now. Maybe for players in less active alliances even lower round bosses should give unlimited number of rewards, possibly 50-400 iso according to round.

I'm member of strong alliance, we finish boss and personal progression around the middle of the event. Then I'm playing side nodes and everytime need to enter boss fight. I don't have a motivation to beat the boss (no rewards after 8th time) so I often retreat. I don't like to retreat but as well don't like to play hard battles without any reward. With the iso motivation I would'n retreat and will try to beat him every time.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boosted G4ocket and 5* Daredevil? At least the fights should be over fairly quickly. Maybe I'll bring Yondu, since G4mora's blue will be useless. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dearly miss the old format of these stores where the only 5* was the new character, at a 10% chance. It makes sense for them since it lowers our odds of getting them, thus forces more spending, but I dread them even more now that there are 5* essential nodes. The discouragement of hoarding has been particularly fierce lately. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby My question is if the Boss event is disrupting the 5* Required rotation for Story events like it seems to have in the past. Gambit already got shoved back in favor of Thor and Archangel for whatever reason, and I’m guessing this goes to a Classic 5* on Sunday instead of a third Latest? I suppose it’s nothing to be really upset over, but a stable pattern does bring peace of mind.
    I'll be updating the Sneak Peek sometime today, but as of this moment, the next Story Event still plans on featuring Gambit (Classic) as the 5-Star required character.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby My question is if the Boss event is disrupting the 5* Required rotation for Story events like it seems to have in the past. Gambit already got shoved back in favor of Thor and Archangel for whatever reason, and I’m guessing this goes to a Classic 5* on Sunday instead of a third Latest? I suppose it’s nothing to be really upset over, but a stable pattern does bring peace of mind.
    I'll be updating the Sneak Peek sometime today, but as of this moment, the next Story Event still plans on featuring Gambit (Classic) as the 5-Star required character.
    Cool, first event after I'll have champed him.  SCL9 here I come, hopefully it's a 7-day with good rewards!
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Cool, first event after I'll have champed him.  SCL9 here I come, hopefully it's a 7-day with good rewards!
    My money is on Deadpool vs MPQ. That seems to be the norm after a boss event unfortunately.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    zodiac339 said:
    AFAIK, we've only ever had one seven day event run Sunday - Sunday (except possibly in the first year or so before the playing week was firmly established). Other than that one time, they always run Thursday - Thursday.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    zodiac339 said:
    My money is on Deadpool vs MPQ. That seems to be the norm after a boss event unfortunately.
    We have a winner!
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess this means Nightcrawler will be my next 4* champ...after this event I'll have 3 on the vine for him.  
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    While I much prefer the 3 Nightcrawlers, thematically it would have made sense to be 4* Ghost Rider.
  • Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Boosted 4* list :
    - Hulk T.Awesome : Green Blue Black
    - Iron Fist : Green Blue Black
    - Wolvy : Green Yellow Black
    - Grocket : Green Yellow Blue

I don't understand why Hulk is boosted since he was already two weeks ago, and I think Wolvy was also recently.
    So, I assume it was a choice to boost them at this event, which is more confusing having no 4* heroes with red or purple boosted...
  • zodiac339
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Rumakashi said:
    Boosted 4* list :

I don't understand why Hulk is boosted since he was already two weeks ago, and I think Wolvy was also recently.
    So, I assume it was a choice to boost them at this event, which is more confusing having no 4* heroes with red or purple boosted...
    TA Hulk is often boosted on boss events. I find him a very effective boss-slayer, so I can’t complain. The passive chunks of damage from his blue and that big nuke that can target important boss tiles along with some sustain from Hot Dog Stand (minor, but sustain) lead to a character who shines pretty well on these events.

The 3* Hulk being boosted is also important, since Hulk Bombing (or Gamma Storming as I prefer) is an option for lower tier players to hit bosses in later rounds. Once Galactus’ damage from the CD tiles gets high enough, it triggers Anger to flood the board with green. Storm uses the green (and yellow) to destroy the board over and over. Kamala Khan is the third on this, healing everyone and producing more green with her purple. One good Anger cascade can be enough to keep things rolling and not let Galactus resolve anything else.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rumakashi said:
    Boosted 4* list :

TAHulk and XFW have been boosted repeatedly for boss/alliance events for quite a while now. I asked in a thread here if anyone had any idea why and there were a few theories but no one really knew. I guess they're considered particularly useful for some reason, but personallly I'd rather see them vary it for each boss event, forcing people to think a bit more about varying strategies.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    zodiac339 said:

Will the next story also include 4* Grocket as essential and progression reward or is he being skipped?

Also on a personal note, I messaged you two days ago.

• zodiac339
    Options
    Brigby said:
    zodiac339 said:

Will the next story also include 4* Grocket as essential and progression reward or is he being skipped?

He’s, um, the 4* essetial this event. Doesn’t help progression, since the devs refuse to add even 1 4* into individual progress, but he wasn’t skipped as essential.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    zodiac339 said:

Sneak peek thread is updated already. Next event after Galactus is Deadpool vs MPQ with Nightcrawler as the 4* essential and Gambit as the 5* essential. No Grocket progression this time!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dont understand why they skip them. What is the reason for this? I would have liked another champ level for my Grocket over a champ level for NIghtcrawler. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dont understand why they skip them. What is the reason for this? I would have liked another champ level for my Grocket over a champ level for NIghtcrawler. 
    They don't "skip" really, Boss events just have screwy reward systems that aren't on par with the rest of the game.

Simulator:
    - Kingpin essential
    - Kingpin in personal progression
    - R&G in personal placement

Galactus:
    - R&G essential
    - No 4*s in personal progression
    - Nightcrawler in alliance placement (no personal placement available)

DPvsMPQ
    - Nightcrawler essential
    - Nightcrawler in personal progression
    - IW in personal placement

R&G gets their turn just like Kingpin and Nightcrawler, but their turn isn't as equal as everyone else's because Boss events don't offer 4*s in personal progression at all.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grocket should be in the Deadpool progression instead.