Poll about game features.

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Those of you who said DDQ, is that just because you get easy champ rewards off it? or do you like the bite-sized daily event?
    Those are a factor, but the rewards structure used to be VERY different before DDQ.  Max progression in PVE was a single 3* cover, 3* characters were randomly vaulted every few seasons, far fewer tokens were awarded, no champion system existed and it was just generally harder to get a 3* fully covered, especially for those of us outside top 100 alliances.  DDQ was really the first step in 3*'s being much more available and the rewards being increasingly geared towards 4*'s.  The transition between 1* and 3* also started being as smooth as it is today.
    Whilst I didn't list DDQ myself, I think it is deserving of high praise because it is a brillaint benchmark for roster growth between 2* and 4* tiers and for that alone it is brilliant part of this game. Beating Under the Sea, having Dat Required Character and then being able to have a crack at the big enchilada were great tide marks on progress that you could use as encouragement to keep playing. Right up to 4* level, winning the Crash is still a badge of honour.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started playing this game in November last year, so my experience is limited. The best new game feature would be the ability to turn effect off.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Those of you who said DDQ, is that just because you get easy champ rewards off it? or do you like the bite-sized daily event?
    DDQ is basically the savior of this entire game. It opened the 3* tier to FTP players that had not started at launch which in turn allowed for the development of the 4* tier. I had been playing for a few months at the time and was stuck in 2* land while characters were rotating through being vaulted (3* Black Panther was out of tokens for nearly six months). No DDQ and I quit long before making it to 3* land. I suspect for many others both currently playing and now retired this is the case.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    While not as huge as champions, bonus heroes, or DDQ (my top 3), I think that the change to 4* hero token odds has made a huge shift in the 4* game.  People are able to cover newer characters faster than ever before without needing to whale, while also being able to make progress on older characters as well.  I hated vaulting but honestly love the 50/50 split between newer characters and classic characters. Long gone are the days of "that character looks cool, can't wait to try them in a year".