Poll about game features.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
Here's a little poll.
Which year did you start playing and what is the single most revolutionary new feature that's been implemented during your time in the game?
May it be a UI change, a new characters, an option of some sort, an update to something's already existing, a new Story of whatever. Pick one only!

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started playing when it was still called Dark Reign, but then walked away for a long time. Easily the introduction of Champions was the biggest gamechange in that time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started in March 2016.  (Get my first 5* from SHIELD daily's in about a month and half!)

By far the best feature since I joined is Bonus Heroes, hands down.

Honorable Mentions: SCL Based PvE Scaling & SHIELD Intercepts
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I started about a month before the First Anniversary with a six month break earlier this year..

Best feature introduced is DDQ without a question.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I started around April 2014. Biggest addition has to be the Champion system. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I started in March 2016.  (Get my first 5* from SHIELD daily's in about a month and half!)

By far the best feature since I joined is Bonus Heroes, hands down.

Honorable Mentions: SCL Based PvE Scaling & SHIELD Intercepts
    I started just a little after that at the end of April, although didn't really get into it until a few weeks after that. I'd probably pick the exact same things, although maybe just generalizing and saying the SCL system as a whole. Although as great as it is, I still feel there's untapped potential with the SCL system. 

And I would consider adding Heroes for Hire to the honorable mentions list. It still may not be as awesome as when it first came on the scene, but it's a great way to get an elusive cover by just simply buying it with in game resources. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Started on December of 2016. The best feature was CL scaling on story events. Now if they would just fix PVP scaling.
  • Tiggida
    Tiggida Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Been playing since beta (with a big break around the time HB was released) and the introduction of champions was the thing that revitalized the game the most for me personally. It made a lot of trivial rewards not so trivial. Selling tons of unusable covers for ISO was getting really old really fast before that change. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started just before the first anniversary and DDQ was the best single change for me.  I'd give honorable mention to championing, bonus heroes and the Ultron boss event (just for starting the alliance boss events), but all of those pale to DDQ for me.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Started shortly before 1st anniversary.  Champion levels and clearance levels are best changes I’ve seen.  Champion especially as I was just starting to feel the crunch of selling endless 3* covers for my already 166 toons.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started playing shortly after the game was released.

Deadpools Daily Quest is the greatest thing to have happened to this game.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    I started playing shortly after the game was released.

Deadpools Daily Quest is the greatest thing to have happened to this game.

Basically what this guy said. The SCL-based scaling in PvE is probably my favorite recent change.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    championing was the best.  before that u were stuck with a specific character build.   now tjere is stratwgy involved.

also... champ rewards!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards

I first started playing in 2015 but made no real progress and drifted away, deleted the app and forgot about it.

I started up again in January 2016 after coming across it in the Play store searching for other Marvel games for my son and decided to have another go, just as Nova was released (and I still don’t have a single cover in his red power!)

Champion levels were introduced earlier the same month (I think) so I would have to say they are the thing that made me stay along with finding out my old friend played too and joining his alliance.

• modok47
    modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018
    Best feature for me is  "No Animations" so helpful and makes matches so quick and at least for me saves so much time. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I have been playing for 176 days so like since August 2017 I guess. The Bonus Hero addition has been very helpful for me. I also really enjoy the Apocalypse Boss event.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those of you who said DDQ, is that just because you get easy champ rewards off it? or do you like the bite-sized daily event?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    modok47 said:
    Best feature for me is  "No Animations" so helpful and makes matches so quick and at least for me saves so much time. 
    I know a lot of players love this but for me it killed my enjoyment of MPQ and I had to turn it back on.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those of you who said DDQ, is that just because you get easy champ rewards off it? or do you like the bite-sized daily event?
    Those are a factor, but the rewards structure used to be VERY different before DDQ.  Max progression in PVE was a single 3* cover, 3* characters were randomly vaulted every few seasons, far fewer tokens were awarded, no champion system existed and it was just generally harder to get a 3* fully covered, especially for those of us outside top 100 alliances.  DDQ was really the first step in 3*'s being much more available and the rewards being increasingly geared towards 4*'s.  The transition between 1* and 3* also started being as smooth as it is today.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    modok47 said:
    I know a lot of players love this but for me it killed my enjoyment of MPQ and I had to turn it back on.
    Yeah I'm in this camp.  I turn them off sometimes for PvE clears, but it's frustrating to feel punished by less rewards for preferring to play with the animations.