New Year, New Contest! *Updated (1/23/18) [DONE]

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Contest is over! We have our two winners! Thank you so much to everyone that participated.
===
Question Time!
  1. List 5 MPQ characters that reference animals in their names
  2. What was the name of the school that Peter Parker and Flash Thompson both went to?
  3. Which of the Infinity Stones does Vision weild?

===
(Disclaimer: We apologize for the inconvenience, however this contest is only eligible to players that reside within the United States.)

Hi Everyone,

It's a brand new year, which means it's time for a brand new contest! This one is all about trivia speed, so get your thinking caps on, and your typing fingers ready.

At 6pm PST / 7pm MST / 8pm CST / 9pm EST tomorrow (1/23), I will be updating this post with 3 questions. The first 2 players that send me a forum message with correct answers for all 3 (No posting answers in this thread for everyone to see!) will win this awesome-looking D3 Go! hat:

(For those that are curious, it's 100% cotton, and says it's one-size-fits-most)

Once 2 winners have been established, I will update and close this post to notify everyone that the contest is over. Good luck everyone!

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I'm thrilled to see a new contest but disappointed with the prize. If it were a MPQ hat, maybe but I would have liked to see MPQ HP, ISO, CP, covers, etc. Regardless I look forward to the questions
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Must be hard times at D3. Hopefully it's a new hat and not one an employee was wearing.

@Brigby I hope this isn't your hat they're giving away.  :( 
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Hat? Hat. Hrhm. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if I liked hats this wouldn’t be much of an exciting prize...  gl people who care enough to try I guess?
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Oh damn, I would be genuinely excited to receive a d3 hat as a prize but it looks like I am ineligible. Good luck to everyone who gets to enter.
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I just Googled Dazzler Hat and, yes, they exist! 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Shipping fees probably cost more than the Hat. Missed chance to give away in game resources (players would love this and it would have cost less)
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Can I get it signed by @Brigby
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    At 6pm PST / 7pm MST / 8pm CST / 9pm EST tomorrow (1/23), I will be updating this post with 3 questions. The first 2 players that send me a forum message with correct answers for all 3 (No posting answers in this thread for everyone to see!) will win this awesome-looking D3 Go! hat:

Does this mean four contests, one each hour, each with 3 questions (which I presume are different each hour), resulting in a grand total of 8 hats being awarded?

I'm down for a trivia game for a hat.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    So D3 can’t stump up the expense to send it overseas, is that the reason it’s US only 

would be nice to take part but as I live in the UK guess not. 

Have fun fun everyone in the US 

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Soooo... Tinfoil hat time...
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    The winners get an in game hat too?  :D
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    YAY 2am in the UK, eh NO!!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mattjimf said:

Fortunately there is no need for you to stay awake since you aren't eligble to win anyway:

Brigby said:
    (Disclaimer: We apologize for the inconvenience, however this contest is only eligible to players that reside within the United States.)
    Guess they don't want to pay for international delivery...

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love the idea, just do not like the execution.  Would be great if they did this monthly but do it as in game resources. Just make it that you cannot win in the last 90 days or so.  Again, love the idea. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Mattjimf said:

Fortunately there is no need for you to stay awake since you aren't eligble to win anyway:

Brigby said:
    Guess they don't want to pay for international delivery...

I wasn't at all shocked considering how tight they are with in-game rewards. Can you imagine what they are like with actual money? 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    At 6pm PST / 7pm MST / 8pm CST / 9pm EST tomorrow (1/23), I will be updating this post with 3 questions. The first 2 players that send me a forum message with correct answers for all 3 (No posting answers in this thread for everyone to see!) will win this awesome-looking D3 Go! hat:

Does this mean four contests, one each hour, each with 3 questions (which I presume are different each hour), resulting in a grand total of 8 hats being awarded?

I'm down for a trivia game for a hat.
    No, it is only one contest with one set of questions for a total of 2 winners. Brigby just listed the time in all four of the continental US time zones. I had to read it twice to catch that.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    How could I have forgotten this classic:

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    So D3 can’t stump up the expense to send it overseas, is that the reason it’s US only 

would be nice to take part but as I live in the UK guess not. 

Have fun fun everyone in the US 

Everything is bigger in the US, so it is likely that this hat would be too big for non-US heads. :)

I hope the winner(s) will at least post a picture of themselves wearing said hat.