What is your superstition about opening legendary tokens

2»

Comments

• Tiggida
    Tiggida Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Each type is preset - heroic, vault, event, classic, latest.

Its all been RnG’ed in advance.
    Yeah that makes sense. It doesn't really change my view of the game or anything. Just something I was always curious about. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Mine either.  Just means any superstitions or rituals are literally nothing more than hokum.  You can do 0 to impact your pulls.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine either.  Just means any superstitions or rituals are literally nothing more than hokum.  You can do 0 to impact your pulls.

What happens if you reset a vault? After all, the possible results in the vault depends on how many pulls you have gotten out of it already...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

What happens if you reset a vault? After all, the possible results in the vault depends on how many pulls you have gotten out of it already...
    The possible results don't depend on how many pulls you've gotten out of it. They only present it that way. You still have a predetermined order in which you will pull from that vault. 
    A reset vault generates a new string for that vault AFAIK. As you can pull same positions from fresh vaults. But in a single vault.. nope, just a token with a finite table instead of one stretching on forever.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are weighted toward 6th colors, and having any covers on the vine increases the likelihood of pulling something on your roster that is fully covered in that tier.

I just finished champing the classic 4*s.  In the waning days I had three left, and just happened to pull multiple covers for all three of them, overlapping iso requirements for champing.  It happens (happened) far too frequently to be coincidence.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    The actual tokens are predetermined for sure. I've seen the previews and then saw that persons tokens match when opened for real. But my understanding is that bonus heroes are not predetermined.  Maybe that's incorrect but, until I know, I have a tendency to wait until it's been a long time since I have gotten a BH from heroics before opening a bunch of legendary, thereby hoping the BH triggers on a 4 or 5 instead of a 3.
  • LifeofAgony
    edited January 2018
    When you will get a BH is predetermined now that they fixed a huge exploit that saw  no punishments meted out.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you will get a BH is predetermined now that they fixed a huge exploit that saw  no punishments meted out.
    Is it really fixed?  Great, if so.  Maybe that's why my bonus rate from Latest 4's has been sky-high lately.  Not so many cheaters taking all the Bonus Heroes from the rest of us.  ;-)
  • LifeofAgony
    Yes, it’s been fixed.  Forum rules prohibit spelling it out, but the exploit that existed no longer does.
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2018
    Well, that's good news.

Edit:  I forgot my superstition. It is not a superstition; I just assume I’ll get nothing great (yet again) and am occasionally pleasantly surprised.  3 Nightcrawlers in a week?  Par for the course, moving on.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    i scream YOLO before every legendary token pull.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been in a non-hoard state for a while trying to finish off my Gambit with 12 covers.  I cross my fingers each time.  After 45ish fails I can say it's not working...
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    If it's all pre determined, then can get off praying to the RNG dieties?

Somehow now knowing that it is predetermined takes something away from the game - like turning off animations. Even if it was rigged to give 6th covers would be better than having a predetermined output. What's the use of having the pretense of 'random' vaults/tokens then? They should just show us what is next (like the resupply) and so we know how many tokens to go to what we really want?
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    It's predetermined?  So it doesn't matter whether I wait or open immediately...good to know since I always feel guilty if I open when I get it.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    I always let my girlfriend open them, she thinks it's great fun and then she gives clues as to which covers she got.
    Note though that this method is STINKY. Haven't had a 5* in over 80 pulls now.

My first question after she opened the tokes is:
    "Is it a 5 star?"

"No, but it's a blue guy"

"Oh Yondu again..."
    I should do this with my gf. She sees me playing this as it is haha 
  • bluewolf
    I have gotten 3 bonus 4’s from my last 4 days of pulling (17 pulls).  Crazy!  Sorry I took yours.  ;)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I have long suspected that playing the game the way I feel the devs want you to play it (pull everything as soon as you get it, spend everything as soon as you get it) will reward me with just enough, just in time. For the last 3 5* releases, I have managed to pull a cover for the upcoming latest release 5* essential character within 3 pulls right before the event they are required in starts. I now have exactly 1 LT banked up in advance of the next 5* release, and I am secretly anxious that this will result in me not getting it lol.