What is your superstition about opening legendary tokens

CCW1208
CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
as title
I always use WiFi system. Shaking my mobile, calling my most wanted 5*

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulls are predetermined, since they closed a very high profile exploit (that actually saw a small part of the cheaters get a roster rollback, but no bans). Any answer will indeed be a superstition. Same goes for all other token types.
  • DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I have my wife or son open them for me.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    As Daiches said, it’s predetermined, so I pull when I get them (unless there’s a new 5* coming I want to save for). It sucks, and it’s very streaky - my current 2018 run is below the %, but my overall 2017 was on the money, so I always assume it’ll even out eventually...!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume it'll only give me things I don't want.

They stole the code for the desire sensor from Monster Hunter in order to give you drops you don't want when you need something else. Only later when you don't want the thing any more will you get loads of them.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Intellectually I realize all these is for not, but when I get a 5star, I open another quickly, thinking I'm on a hot streak and when I go on a 7+ drought I slow down in order to get a better seed.  

It's really more an exercise in expectation management.
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018
    If they're predetermined, surely that means that even if, let's say, I hoard 200 LTs before gambit rotates out, then open them after he HAS rotated out, I could get Gambit covers when I open them?
    That seems a bit odd to me.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they're predetermined, surely that means that even if, let's say, I hoard 200 LTs before gambit rotates out, then open them after he HAS rotated out, I could get Gambit covers when I open them?
    There's probably something that resets the results you would have got when the tokens change, either by adding a new character or removing one.

Best not dwell on the possibility that you'd have got that cover you needed next but the line-up changed before you could get a token to redeem it.
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Purple is always purple and gold is always gold.  Only thing that changes is which one you get from the purple or gold when a 5* goes to classic and is replaced by new or when a “Latest 12” 4* is replaced by a new.  If your 6th. 20th, and 51st pulls are going to be purple, they will still be purple when a new latest 5* comes in.  Does not change
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I joined a group called The Pride. Together we sacrifice the less fortunate in order to gain a higher power.. of 5* covers
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    A 5 is always a 5, a 4 is always a 4. Which it is depends from what contents are in the packs at that time. Think of it as a string of numbers. 5-1, 4-23, 4-34, 4-01, 5-3, 4-44+BH, etc..
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have one for LTs, but I do have one regarding taco tokens. I have a theory, one I'm sure is trash, that they backload the good stuff, so I always let it cycle a bunch before clicking. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I open as soon as humanly possible whenever I have tokens/CP. I need those covers. My Gambit still isn't done.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    If tokens are predetermined, how about cps? I don’t understand how it works. 
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    It is all predetermined now.  Not sure how it is determined or even assigned.  Heroics, event tokens, vaults, Cp, LT.  It is all 100% predetermined.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Let’s say say the latest are L1 L2 and L3 for the 5* in the packs.

You are predetermined when you will pull each one, no matter what the toon is.  So if your next pull is L2, if you pulled it today it would be a Thor as he’s the 2nd oldest for this example.  If you hoarded, and waiting until gambit rotates out, that pull would be AA.

No matter what you do, if your next latest pull is a 5*, it will always be a 5*.  It would only change based on who is in the packs.

And there is still another known exploit/bug that will allow you to preview what’s ahead.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Somehow I opened enough LT tokens to get one of each 4 star character at the early stages of playing this game. 
  • DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In

You are predetermined when you will pull each one, no matter what the toon is.  So if your next pull is L2, if you pulled it today it would be a Thor as he’s the 2nd oldest for this example.  If you hoarded, and waiting until gambit rotates out, that pull would be AA.

No matter what you do, if your next latest pull is a 5*, it will always be a 5*.  It would only change based on who is in the packs.

And there is still another known exploit/bug that will allow you to preview what’s ahead.
    The toon?
  • Tiggida
    Tiggida Posts: 64 Match Maker

I always wondered with CP if it changed if you pulled a classic somewhere in the middle instead of a latest for example. You would technically have more pulls. Unless it's predertimed by say out of the next 10 possible pulls, pulls 2,4,&6 or whatever are predetermined to be 5*s no matter if they are latests or classics. If so, that basically means the whole game is already mapped out for us until infinity. We just don't know the results yet.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Each type is preset - heroic, vault, event, classic, latest.

Its all been RnG’ed in advance.