Daredevil Passive Stun Damage

Options
therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
Did a test of Daredevil's passive using Parker's enemy stun and Arachnid Agility. I expected DD passive to do damage to each enemy, but it only targeted the front enemy.

With two enemies left, I stunned the team with Parker's Blue. Total enemy HP was: 80686 

5 hits from Parker AAgility, with 2154 strike tiles out did total damage of: 43,898 
7982 damage (5828+2154) per hit.  Total damage is 39,910.

43,898 total damage minus Parker w/strike is 39,910. Difference is 3,988. Which is DD passive of 1834+2154. 

Based on Daredevil's passive description, I would have expected it to hit both enemies:
"When a Stunned enemy is damaged, Daredevil deals 1834 damage to that enemy."  

From the math it only hit one. Wouldn't you expect it to hit both enemies? Personally I read it as each damage should have done an additional 3,988 per Parker's hit. But at the very least, it should have done it twice (one per enemy)

Do you agree?

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68242/daredevil-5-sonar-strike-fails-to-trigger-against-enemies-not-in-front

It works for most attacks, but not AOE's for some reason and other exceptions (i.e. Strange's passive).

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same with 4* gamora. I often use her stun, then attack whoever isn’t stunned for 3 turns as part of my strategy. This backfires because DD then basically attacks no one 
  • therightwaye
    Options
    Crnch73 said:
    Same with 4* gamora. I often use her stun, then attack whoever isn’t stunned for 3 turns as part of my strategy. This backfires because DD then basically attacks no one 
    well that is expected right? the description says when damaging a stun opponent, do dd passive damage. So unless you attack the stun person, no damage is expected. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Moved to Bugs & Technical Issues section

Ahh I see. So what you're saying @therightwaye is that Daredevil should have applied his Passive damage after each Arachnid Agility trigger (once per Web tile)?

I'm not a developer, so please take this with a grain of salt, but I speculate that AA's damage total is calculated independently and prior to any other ability triggers, which would explain the single application of his Passive damage.

I'll reach out to the development team to see if this is intended behavior or not.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily trigger with each application of arachnid agility (though that might be one potential interpretation), but arachnid agility can potentially target multiple enemies.  At the very least the bonus damage should apply to each enemy as long as they are hit and are stunned.

In the example case 2 enemies were stunned and both were hit by arachnid agility and yet, only one took damage from DD's passive.
  • therightwaye
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Moved to Bugs & Technical Issues section

Ahh I see. So what you're saying @therightwaye is that Daredevil should have applied his Passive damage after each Arachnid Agility trigger (once per Web tile)?

I'm not a developer, so please take this with a grain of salt, but I speculate that AA's damage total is calculated independently and prior to any other ability triggers, which would explain the single application of his Passive damage.

I'll reach out to the development team to see if this is intended behavior or not.
    yep that's what I'm saying @Brigby
    at least how I read it. At the very least each enemy that took damage should have had it applied once. 

thanks I made a similar post in Bugs. I look forward to hearing what is expected. thanks! cheers. 
  • therightwaye
    Options
    moss04 said:
    I wouldn't necessarily trigger with each application of arachnid agility (though that might be one potential interpretation), but arachnid agility can potentially target multiple enemies.  At the very least the bonus damage should apply to each enemy as long as they are hit and are stunned.

In the example case 2 enemies were stunned and both were hit by arachnid agility and yet, only one took damage from DD's passive.
    moss04 said:

yeah I was just thinking of testing by firing more than one power at a time. If you attack one stunned opponent twice in one turn, does his passive happen twice? I believe it happens multiple times on cascades. Which leads me to believe it should trigger with each of the AAgility's attacks.
  • TheAlphateam
    TheAlphateam Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Crnch73 said:
    I use 4* Gamora and 5* DD all the time. I attack the 1 turn stuned first, then go after the other stundded. Often times it downs the 1 turner, then the other stunned leaving me with only one person to attack.