Time for another Gauntlet !

Options
2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    evade420 said:
    One of the big problems with gauntlet was that it's a 7 day event,  which many people ( myself included) end up finishing by day 2 or 3 . So maybe by day 3 they can run a heroic pve alongside ( we have t seen one of those in forever) to fill the void 

Usually when they ran the Gauntlet, they'd start Another PvE after Three Days so those who finished early would have something to do. Gauntlet was still an ISO drought though.

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    One of my biggest wishes is for a pve season and I would have gauntlet be run as side content a week out of each season. They could also do the same with heroic events. 
    Have the gauntlet run the whole season, just like the Shield Sim.  The only problem is that the Shield Sim has pretty bad rewards - 4 3*s and a single 4*.  The gauntlet should top out at level 515 and have at least 3 3*s and 2 4*s in the rewards.  I'd love for it to end with a Legendary token.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually liked the last Gauntlet because you could easily milk the entire first sub for a ton of Shield XP. Now, though? It'd have to have the rewards significantly stepped up. Not because I wouldn't play it, I just don't want to have to sift through all the "Y U NO HAEV GUD PRIZE" threads.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm certainly very curious to see how I'd do this time, if nothing else. The last time they ran this event, I had 6 4-star champs. I now have 50. Though I was able to finish, there were nodes on that final sub that were just god awful and took double-digit tries to beat. The only time I recall the Gauntlet before that, I wasn't even able to finish the 2nd sub. 

Obviously I share everyone's sentiments about wanting an improved reward structure, because that was A LOT of work for just 1 4-star at the end, but I mostly just want to see how I do. I never had high hopes that they would actually change the rewards. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion said:
    shardwick said:
    One of my biggest wishes is for a pve season and I would have gauntlet be run as side content a week out of each season. They could also do the same with heroic events. 
    Have the gauntlet run the whole season, just like the Shield Sim.  The only problem is that the Shield Sim has pretty bad rewards - 4 3*s and a single 4*.  The gauntlet should top out at level 515 and have at least 3 3*s and 2 4*s in the rewards.  I'd love for it to end with a Legendary token.
    I really like the idea of having PVE season with the gauntlet as a version of the shield simulator
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion said:
    shardwick said:
    This is such a no-brainer.  Having the season long simulator is so great because I can always go in and grind a bit if I'm bored, but a season long gauntlet would give me an alternative with a little more variety, and let us test our rosters out a bit more.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please bring it back, its been far too long since the last run of it. Plus with adding 5* essential it will be even more fun to play!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I imagine it would be too much effort for them now to update it to todays rewards. And why would we want to play it again when we can Meet Rocket and Groot for the 10,000th time? 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am currently sidelined and can't play, but one of the things I've found while I'm in enforced (hopefully temporary) timeout is that I am really really bored with doing the same things over and over again just using slightly different tools. Now that I've stepped off the treadmill, I have a perspective I didn't have while I was on it.

I would really like to do more different things (events/kinds of events/modes/whatever) with the tools I have and would prefer that over new tools (characters) by about a mile.

So yes. More gauntlet please. Updated to reflect current things like SCLs would be fantastic imo. Also more alliance events would be really great. Not necessarily boss-mode reliant ones, but other things that give greater target awards for playing as an alliance.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    KC_Hammer said:
    Ick, I'd be happy if the gauntlet never happened again.
    I get that some events are tailored for certain player demographics (queue image of SHIELD training) but we should never fuss at *more* opportunities for resources and roster growth.  Even the SHIELD training events are worth a grand or two of ISO + a vault token at the floor level.

You're grown, presumably, so I can't tell you what to do or what to think but I can't really imagine somebody being opposed to more play opportunities in this game.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You're grown, presumably, so I can't tell you what to do or what to think but I can't really imagine somebody being opposed to more play opportunities in this game.
    Oh you'd be surprised.  The line of logic for some is, "if it is there, I have to play it".  And that's where you get the posts saying "they are forcing us to play lightning rounds a whole week!" (as just one example), taking no responsibility for their own agency.  I for one am with you by the way.  I won't scoff at more game modes.  I'm also with everyone here clamoring for the Gauntlet to return.  My favorite event by far actually.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If it does return I would like to see the final reward for each gauntlet section improved from a 2,3 and 4 star reward to a 3,4 and 5 star reward. As well as double Iso for that week.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KC_Hammer said:
    Ick, I'd be happy if the gauntlet never happened again.
    I get that some events are tailored for certain player demographics (queue image of SHIELD training) but we should never fuss at *more* opportunities for resources and roster growth.  Even the SHIELD training events are worth a grand or two of ISO + a vault token at the floor level.

That's the real reason many veterans dislike the Gauntlet: It takes the place of a regular PvE, but it gives worse rewards. Last time Gauntlet ran many veterans complained about the disrupted flow of ISO.
    This wouldn't be a problem if the Gauntlet ran in addition to a regular PvE of course, but then we'd get complaints about too many things to play, likely...
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the break from regular pve.  Gauntlet provides a welcome break from competing.  Sure the rewards may not be equivalent, but if nothing else, it forces a break to the unhealthy tapping element that the devs continue to be aware of and evaluating.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    here's a thought that's already been thunk. why not have another game tab called 'events' where you could run concurrent events... like the gauntlet, or shield training. have an 'alliance' tab too to run boss events and alliance based fun.

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What I miss the most about the Gauntlet was the chance to use the more puzzle aspect of the game by winning a very hard fight once or twice. You'd have a chance to fight characters out of your current roster/matchup level, like Phoenix and you had to come up with a strategy to survive that one fight.

While Simulator does provide interesting and challenging combos, the goal when grinding them is not winning, but winning fast and with the least amount of resources since you have to do that fight 4 times and later 3 more times at max difficulty.

I loved that I'd go through my roster and pretty much use half of it as fodder for the easier fights and then have to time healing better for the very last ones.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well I am def not one of the Vets who dislike it. Personally I think its a nice break from PVE, because it is literally they only PVE that lets you play at your convenience. Plus It doesn't bother me to play to get the iso I need or want. It still gives decent rewards and allows me to experiment with different teams.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like many others, I would not be against them running it again, but it needs to be concurrent with another PVE.  One issue is that the structure they last used makes it very hard for less developed rosters to do anything once they are unable to advance.  The SCL model of PVE is really the best change to the game in the last year, as it allows people to compete where they want and allows developing rosters to play at the level they choose.  I remember when I couldn't even complete a PVE because my characters weren't good enough.  Gauntlet allows you to rush through until you hit the wall; then you are stuck.

Of course, developing your roster allows you to come back to the Gauntlet and make it further, which is fun and exciting, but I think having things to play and rewards to collect every day is the best model for this game.  The Gauntlet potentially makes for days where one can't do anything in PVE.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree, bring back the gauntlet. End the mindless repetition of the same old same old all the time.